Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:23 pm  Post subject: everchanging userhash

The Devil, Probably
ok so i finally get a mod that i like (black hand) and has an option to see my userhash (which up till now i've never known) and it's running smoothly for a few days then i need to reboot so i take a snapshot of my info and userhash before i close emule and this is the result

ok so i now have rebooted reconnected to the net and open up the mule and lone behold my userhash has changed to this

i blocked out the IP just in case :wink:

anyway my IP is a dynamic one but surely the hash should have stayed the same or am i just going insane :x

and now i'm gonna not show on everyones friend list as i have the new hash :cry:

can anyone make sense of this madness or is it something i'm burdened with for life :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:32 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Buggy mod? I last saw you on Monday, 18.8. with userhash 2B3BDA... So that's at least 3 different hashes.

Checked the source of my client - hash gets generated only if it doesn't exist yet. Mine is stored in config\preferences.dat file and hasn't changed at least from 31.7. (my latest backup).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:35 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Hopefully someone will answer who can help. I noticed that happening to ya tho cos you kept appearing in my uploads but not marked as friend.

I too would like to know how the userhash is generated and what would change it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:37 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
eh, i'd add you to my friendslist again if u mulemessage me. i got 8 baselines now, but i will delete them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:52 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
graag wrote:
Buggy mod? I last saw you on Monday, 18.8. with userhash 2B3BDA... So that's at least 3 different hashes.

Checked the source of my client - hash gets generated only if it doesn't exist yet. Mine is stored in config\preferences.dat file and hasn't changed at least from 31.7. (my latest backup).

ok well you should see me as you are getting the crazies from me atm :wink:

not a buggy mod as numerous ppl have had me listed a few times in the friend lists and i have always kept all my pref files for every mod i've tried (LSD/Morph/sivka athlazan/black hand)my hash should have stayed the same throughout mod changes as all files where kept from the original installation yet each time i seem to open up emule a new hash is created :cry:

with regards to the preference.dat file where the hash is stored....what can i use to see the actual hash?...as wordpad does not recognise the characters as they should read :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:56 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
monkeysmasher wrote:
eh, i'd add you to my friendslist again if u mulemessage me. i got 8 baselines now, but i will delete them.

haha ok well i've got you listed as either

monkey HHAH VPC AFC
monkeyS HHAH

and both are showing as offline so unable to message you :?

[edit]

monkey was online briefly then as i tried a msg but connection failed and monkeyS a msg sent to you even though you showed up as offline :?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:10 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
hehe, i forgot to change my security settings to accept messages not from people on my friendslist.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:12 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Bassline wrote:
ok well you should see me as you are getting the crazies from me atm :wink:

not a buggy mod as numerous ppl have had me listed a few times in the friend lists and i have always kept all my pref files for every mod i've tried (LSD/Morph/sivka athlazan/black hand)my hash should have stayed the same throughout mod changes as all files where kept from the original installation yet each time i seem to open up emule a new hash is created :cry:

with regards to the preference.dat file where the hash is stored....what can i use to see the actual hash?...as wordpad does not recognise the characters as they should read :?

Yep, found you there. It says your identification is invalid (no idea why), but you have a friend slot so you needn't worry. For now. :twisted:

Regarding keeping old files - they are moved from your base eMule directory to \Config when you upgrade the client to 0.28 or 0.29 based one. Your base is clean of .dat and .met files? The files in \Config aren't marked as Read-only?

I'm used to Norton, err, Windows, err, Midnight, err, now is called <a href=http://www.ghisler.com/>Total Commander</a> for all file managment. If it's more than you need find a hex viewer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:34 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
thanks for the friend slot :D ...i completed that movie (Boogeyman) in about 12 hrs which is close to a record for me using emule so thanks to everyone (in particular Death) for the friend slots :D

no idea why it's invalid but i do get that when i'm trying to connect to other clients sometimes so nothing major i think :?

ho-hum i guess it's gonna be hash today change tomorrow at this rate :lol: