Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:19 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Quote:
@Max: WARIO's version = 35MB
Hell, that must be kind of tel
line rip (~ 11khz)

But then, what do I know, perhaps
there's some brandnew packer/cruncher
out in the fields...compress ratio 1:1000000
or something simmilar?

actually theyre only 128kbps, which is what every mp3 should be, anything higher is wasting disk space

Quote:
Hell yeah, fuck i keep forgetting to look for these

I would LOVE the Evil Dead Trilogy Soundtracks.

So Max go ahead and rip please.

Does any-one reading this know if any of them are already available.....damn jigle closers

ill get on it when im back from that place that i told u i had to go :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:39 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
well here's the one I ripped ages ago if you missed it.

ed2k: Army.of.Darkness.Soundtrack.190kbps.with.covers.HHAH.rar  [68.81 Mb] [Stats]

and I know someone else released the other 2 way up in this thread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:34 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
@Max: I too, wonder about. Why do many people convert
their music CD's into MP3 files with 160, or even 196kbps,
instead to save their CD media and/or HDD space by
using only 128kbps? With other words, they must be fools,
or they all have some problems with their ears, or they
simply use crappy PC-loudspeaker systems...and they do
that extra work just to avoid those negative effects. Okay,
anyone here which is audiophile and could explain why
those 160/198 guys seem to be crazy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:42 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Here you all go as promised Evil Dead 1 OST with covers(from my very own bought cd so suck my dick RIAA)

ed2k: Evil.Dead.1.OST+Covers.(128kbps).by.Maxpayne2409.rar  [34.61 Mb] [Stats]

ps: stromjunkie, i know 192kbps is the best bitrate for mp3s in an incar mp3 player, but as i dont have one i leave everything at 128kbps

although once i downloaded some albums off emule and some crazy nutter had encoded them all to over 1000kbps :-o which is jsut pure insanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:57 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
128 is not very good. you can clearly hear a big difference between a CD and a 128 kbps mp3! It's enough if I just want to 'have heard' a tune but if it's something I love and want to listen to many many times then 128 is just to 'shallow' and gives the music an empty feeling.
This of course also varies alot on what type of music you're encoding. If it's rock/pop or anything simple like that then 96kbps is even enough because the audio-image is so thin from the beginning, using so little of the frequenzies, with very little variation and 'abnormalties' in the sound. If it however is a genre like classical, dub or most extreme ambient where the essense of the music lies in the tiny tiny tiny variables of sounds and effects that you might not ever hear, but it still sounds flat if they're not there, then the higher kbps the better.
This is the same reason you can tell a good technical computer musician from a bad one. The bad one just uses the same samples over and over with no panning and even if there are lots of variation in the melody, it still sounds very repetative. A good one have tons of samples of the same sound and spend much time on panning, fading, effects and all that shit.

I remember when the mp3 first started taking off and everybody used 128 kbps. As people got a little better connections however, this low bitrate was quickly abandoned as it sounds SO much better with just setting it up to 160 or 192. This is just a matter of clicking the setting higher and no 'extra work'. There are a whole bunch of people giving praise to the lossless .ape format too now, but that is a little too extreme yet IMO. Wait some years however and it might just take over when people have got faster connections again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:57 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I like my MP3 music in at least 192k quality, or ideally lossless as an APE or FLAC if I can find it like that. To my ears a 128k file sounds average at best, and it puzzles me why some refer to it as "CD quality", when so much of the original information is discarded.

Even though my PC speakers are basic, I can tell a BIG difference between any MP3 and the uncompressed original.

I've always thought those who like low bitrate MP3s were the ones who had ear problems! :lol:

As for the 1000k albums, there is no such thing in MP3! 320k is the max, so it must have been in another format.

Each to their own I suppose, choice is the main thing...

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:00 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
in a couple fo days im planning on releasing a rar file containing every resident evil (game) OST, all in 128kbps, with the following soundtracks

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Gaiden
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil Orchestral Remix's CD (Featuring Orchestral Versions of Tracks from RE 1, 2, and 3

if you wanna help be a source pm me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:08 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Quote:
As for the 1000k albums, there is no such thing in MP3! 320k is the max, so it must have been in another format

nope it most definately said it was over 1000k when i looked at the specs of it, either way i soon recompressed it down to a nice normal bitrate

ps: with regards to ape i almost went ape when i downloaded an album in a rar and it turned out to be ape, i had to convert it to wav using some silly little ape program, then load the wav into goldwave and manually seperate the songs and re-encode them as mp3s :evil:

as far as im concerned anything that requires its own program downloading to use it isnt worth pittance, and ape is definately one i feel like that about, mpc is another, i mean jsut...why????? the only people who use these strange things are the people who create them, i certainly dont know anyone (MCMLXXXVIII aside) who uses them.

ps: that mightve sounded a bit harsher then it was supposed to

just my preference

ps: i have great speakers for my pc (they better be anyway they cost enough) and i have amazing hearing even if i say so myself (ive been told a lot that my hearing is very good) jsut so u know im not blowing my own trumpet (oh uh matron)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:36 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
The deal with APE files is this: download the RAR containing the album as one APE file and also a CUE file, convert the APE to WAV using Monkey's Audio frontend, then open the CUE file in Nero and burn.

The end result is an exact audio copy of the original CD. Converting the APE to MP3s sort of defeats the object, since APEs are meant to be burnt onto CD rather than archived like MP3s on a HD.

Although if the RAR you DLed had all the music tracks as one APE and didn't include a CUE file, and didn't state it was an APE in the filename, then the compiler obviously messed up!

Also, other lossy formats like OGG and MPC are meant to be an alternative to MP3 as in they sound slightly better at similar compression rates, although the difference isn't that noticeable.

Once again, each to their own, and I'll get that RE compilation Max, even if it is at 128k! :lol:

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:43 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
the rar file didnt say it was ape inside and it didnt contain a cue file (guess thats what i get for wanting bucks fizz greatest hits :lol: ) i tryed (failed) making my own cue file for it but it jsut said the ape file was unreadable, i cant tell any difference with ogg or mpc though either, infact i hate ogg altogether because any films encoded into ogg/ogm dont work with my snazzy DivX compatible Kiss p450 dvd player :( good job i only have about 4 ogm films then hehe

good taste on the RE compilation, if you wanna help be a full source just IM me and ill set you an ftp account as being with ntl (my isp) im capped to a 128k upload limit so the more users with full sources upon release the better :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:47 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
hi people i'm new hear and let me tell you this is fantastic i've been trying to get my hands on most of John Carpenters soundtracks and thois is the only place i've seen any but there are no live posts, i was hoping that someone could post them please pretty please 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:58 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Location: A local town, for local people.......there's nothing for you here.
no live posts?

You mean you've clicked on links to add them to your emule, but no sources have been found? If this is the case give it some time, and if no sources show post a reshare request for the EXACT links you require in the RESHARE REQUESTS section of this board.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:00 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
happy easter people

i registered here yesterday and have tried to download some soundtracks i'm using shareaza and have the links to the soundtracks i want in shareaza but it says no sources could someone repshare these albums please they are:
THEMES OF HORROR
HALLOWEEN 20Th ANNIVERSAry EDIT and also
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
please i would appreciate it, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:00 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
EagleEater wrote:
post a reshare request for the EXACT links you require in the RESHARE REQUESTS section of this board.

Nobody ever listens to me. :cry:

Right then Mr Scarecrow, i've just added the links to the files that you require to my eMule queue, and within a matter of seconds i got a full source for HALLOWEEN, 18 for THEMES OF HORROR (6 full, most others near completion), nothing for ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK but i've only queued for a couple of minutes, so there may be some sources for this too.

I've never used Shareaza, but have heard from many that it is a crock of shite. Best get yourself a decent client. Most people on here favour eMule, and this is definately your best bet if you want to use links from this site.

Happy Easter :D

EDIT: HALLOWEEN 2 full sources, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK 25 (most of 'em full).

You know what to do!

Last edited by EagleEater on Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:02 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
i only dld escape from New York a few days ago and there was a great big stonker of sources, so i would say shareaza is about as useful as a hegehog in a condom factory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:04 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Thanks Max. Just added an edit. At least you listen to me though! LOL
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:30 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
yep i beleive you shareaza is a crock of shite but not sure on how to use emule or where to get it. I love that bit with the hedgehog pissing myself here at that :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:42 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
maxpayne2409 wrote:
in a couple fo days im planning on releasing a rar file containing every resident evil (game) OST, all in 128kbps, with the following soundtracks

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Gaiden
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil Orchestral Remix's CD (Featuring Orchestral Versions of Tracks from RE 1, 2, and 3

if you wanna help be a source pm me

Looking forward to it! If i ever make a movie i'm going to use the "safe save point in the cupboard music" just for nostalgia reasons :lol:

I've got a 1GB+ rar from Torrent with all the Zelda Soundtracks and was wanting good quality rips of the RE soundtracks.

Quote:
yep i beleive you shareaza is a crock of shite but not sure on how to use emule or where to get it.

http://www.emule-project.org or if you want to jump right into it:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules.php? ... load&cid=2
is a decent mod.

Detailed step by step simple guides here:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules.php?name=FAQ

I think i got everything covered in the FAQ (read the newbie one on setting up the client, then firewall/router settings to make sure u can connect) :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:45 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Go here for the official client http://www.emule-project.net/

Go here for help on setting it up http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules.php? ... Newbie+FAQ

Please note that any queries regarding the setting up of your mule go in the FAQ/HELP/NEWBIE GUIDES section of this forum. You can browse existing topics for advice that may help you, or post a new thread. People here are always willing to help.

Good luck.

Edit: Dagnabbit Spud, i'm far to slow at this! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:04 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
EagleEater wrote:
Go here for the official client http://www.emule-project.net/

They are being DDoS'd by a virus, it will be unreachable for a while, use the .org mirror until its sorted.