Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm  Post subject: [Comic] Weasel (Dave Cooper)

Master Of The Dead Donkey

Quote:
Weasel showcases the multi-disciplined talent of Dave Cooper, and was born out of a need to bring his many comicbook projects under one single title. I was always a huge fan of "Crumple" & " Dan And Larry" [his organic cartoony style is simply beautiful], but it wasn't until i read "Ripple" that i realised just what a total fucking genius Cooper really is... A true departure in terms of style & format, Ripple is drawn with a heavy-handed realism rarely seen in his other work. It's a tense psychodrama about an artist and his unhealthy obsession with his live model - and there's no doubt in my mind that there's a whole lot of the artist himself in the title's main character Martin ... Mr Cooper describes it as "unrelentingly dark and nasty", i couldn't agree more! .... in addition to this wonderful story you also get 3 more titles 'Television Program x-32b', 'Encyclopedia Nonsensica' & 'A Gentleman's Secret Picture Diary' which are more familiar works in terms of Cooper's style, being both beautiful and surrealistic in equal measures... every issue is packed to the gills with other little extras and doodles - ensuring a boredom factor of zero.

x0m81e@KG wrote:
My scans [my first so be kind], full-size high quality jpegs in CBR archives - i didn't do Weasel #6 [Overbite] as it's a hardcover first edition and there aint no way on earth i'm bending and mangling that lil' beauty. So go buy it from Fantagraphics if you like your ladies drawn "pillowy". Cooper has stated that from #6 onwards Weasel will be "a series of otherwise disconnected projects of varying sizes & formats", so enjoy this series in all it's oversized, squarebound glory!

you can also check out pics of an exhibition of Dave's latest work here ... and read a interview here .

I love Dave Cooper. Very much. Thanks to x0m81e@KG and Dweezil78, ach and jaapaap for reseed :)

ed2k: Dave Cooper.Weasel.#1.[1999].HQ-833f.d3m0n.cbr  [45.18 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dave Cooper.Weasel.#2.[1999].HQ-833f.d3m0n.cbr  [33.99 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dave Cooper.Weasel.#3.[2000].HQ-833f.d3m0n.cbr  [30.41 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dave Cooper.Weasel.#4.[2001].HQ-833f.d3m0n.cbr  [38.28 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dave Cooper.Weasel.#5.[2002].HQ-833f.d3m0n.cbr  [27.61 Mb] [Stats]

Image below are resized!

[ Add all 5 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:42 pm  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Added links (I knew I had forgot something... :oops: )