Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:46 pm  Post subject: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection...[audiobook]

Master Of The Dead Donkey

Quote:
Book Description:

The Zombie Survival Guide is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now. Fully illustrated and exhaustively comprehensive, this book covers everything you need to know, including how to understand zombie physiology and behavior, the most effective defense tactics and weaponry, ways to outfit your home for a long siege, and how to survive and adapt in any territory or terrain.

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don’t need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Don’t be carefree and foolish with your most precious asset—life. This book is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now without your even knowing it. The Zombie Survival Guide offers complete protection through trusted, proven tips for safeguarding yourself and your loved ones against the living dead. It is a book that can save your life.

From the Trade Paperback edition.

Date: 2007-06-18 Rating: 5
Review:

Your life might depend on this book

I have been waiting for almost two decades now for the dead to rise. I truely beleive my calling in life will come when the undead walk. Though I enjoyed this book and I highly recomend it to the untrained, I have been shapening my skills for quite sometime now and this book served as reinforcement. If anybody knows a way of bringing the dead back please do so. I have my weapons, a pick up truck and several kegs of beer ready to go. Thanks

Review:

A Very Good Book

This is a very interesting book to read, it show you how to protect yourself in a zombie attack.

Review:

How to book for would be zombie hunters

I purchased this book for my boyfriend. He is interested in Zombies and he read the whole book in one weekend. The tone is so realistic, I almost believe in zombies. Great fun.

Date: 2007-06-12 Rating: 4
Review:

Read this book or die

In a pure effort of philanthropy, Max Brooks provides the guide out of the darkness, the quintessential holy book for what to do when all hell breaks loose and the zombie horde eventually attacks. Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide" is packed full of useful survival skills, ingenious tactics, and common-sense ideas to thwarting those risen from the grave. Read, comprehend, and remember everything written; it's important and could save your life!

What's great about "The Zombie Survival Guide" is that Brooks doesn't take the easy route, making generic references to movie scenes, cracking jokes about the moans and slow movements of zombies. Instead, he explains how zombies are created, what rules their bodies, and how to defeat them. Although listed as humorous book - which quite often is very true - Brookes always attacks the subject as if his life depended on it.

Brooks starts with zombie physiology, covering the virus Solanum and what it does to the human body. It's brilliant because he explains the minutiae of horror movies that will constantly remind the reader of countless scenes from zombie movies, filling in the gaps that always existed. Shortly after the physiology, Brooks delves into the weapons required to fight the zombie masses, tediously going over the advantages and disadvantages of each weapon, from weight to sound to effectiveness. From there the book only gets better as tactics, terrain, strategy, levels of outbreak, and historical accounts of zombie outbreaks.

The zombie outbreaks are perhaps the best part of the book. Each one, while meticulously annotated, can never be truly cross-referenced by a researcher. There is always a mysterious absence of a body, or an unknown savior, or a government/military conspiracy to cover-up the zombie threat.

Throughout the book Brooks manages to balance his tongue-in-cheek efforts at satire, never breaking "character", in many ways like a great actor who gets deep into a role. All the while the contents are sure to enthrall, amuse, and provide a true sense of realism to a borderline ridiculous subject. I highly recommend this book to any fan of the post-apocalyptic genre, and to anyone who simply wants to read something different.

I'm amazed that someone has put this much thought into such a banal subject, and in turn, how much I've imagined the various scenarios laid out in the book, wondering what I would do in each situation if survival depended upon my decisions. Therein lies the greatness of this book; it challenges the reader's imagination and is sure to fascinate every reader with unique hypotheticals.

Date: 2007-06-09 Rating: 4
Review:

Inspiring fun with an undead twist

I bought this book because my 14 year old son wanted it but ended up reading it myself (he also likes it a lot, by the way).

I always wondered why these people on the run from Zombies decide to hole up in a shopping mall with these big and unsafe entrances. Is this really a good idea?
And why must they always board up the windows in such a way that even a weakened zombie break through? Could I have done better?
And when you have found a safe hide-out in the country and have cleared the surroundings from Zombies, how can you make sure you can go swimming in the lake, when Zombies can hide out at the bottom of the lake unseen?

This book answered pretty much all of my technical questions regarding Zombies and a lot more I have never thought about - for instance how the old Romans could deal with Zombie-outbreaks so effectively...

I can whole-heartedly recommend this book to everyone who has ever chuckled in a George Romero movie.

Better safe than sorry.
ed2k: The_Zombie_Survival_Guide_073934272x.part1.rar  [90.00 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The_Zombie_Survival_Guide_073934272x.part2.rar  [90.00 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The_Zombie_Survival_Guide_073934272x.part3.rar  [54.67 Mb] [Stats]

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:41 pm  Post subject: Re: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection...[audiob
Request Territory

Request Territory
I love the Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack...
I would just add #11: Always carry a NecroSledge. (google it if you have to, and don't leave home without it).
Anyway, is there an online text version of this that I can just read so I don't have to download and listen to the audiobook?

:matrix: :suicide:
These enticing tradeshow displays probably wouldn't stop a crowd of zombies, but they will stop a crowd at a tradeshow!

Last edited by TheUnDead on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:12 am  Post subject: Re: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection...[audiobook]

Dead But Dreaming
Im now reading "World War Z" from Max Brooks! I recomend you all, big one. buy it

As this guide i will look more carefully next time because it looks more like a object or curiosity but anyways would be usefull :outsider: