Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:56 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I got it too matey, but have not had time to look at it yet, any of the shit in it not work yet? I will sort the bitch out this evening.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:31 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
OK TESTED!!!

sadly it doesn't work completley though. there are 2 errors I've found so far:

If you start clicking the comics without having installed the viewer app it gives out a 'file not found' message. Wouldn't it be better with a "Please install app first, press here to do so now" message?

Secondly, 'Son of celluloid' is the only comic I got to work. On all the others I get a 'not a vaild zip archive' and then a 'list index out of bounds (-1)' error. I noticed the celluloid one is in .cbr whilst all the others are in .cbz format..?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:42 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
hehe, that's what i needed, feedback. things to fix.
i just knew there would be some little thing that would cause it to not work at all(or just one issue). i wonder how i this happens.
eh, i unitalled cdisplay. and every cbz opened with winrar, then re-installed it and got that same error, johndoe. i think your right, they got to be renamed to cbr. i'll re-do them all, make sure they open as cbr. naming either those two extension open for my other computer, but not on this one now. hmmmm.

i'll put a file renaming prog to do it automatically, and change them in the linking menu.

but you can all still access each issue, like manually, right?
they're in the
/Clivepedium/hellraisor series
and
/Clivepedium/Other Comics
directories. renaming the extensions from cbz to rar or zip should let you open them in winrar/winzip and get out the *.jpg's.
i want to make sure the comics are accessible, my front end is just eyecandy.

eh, i make the fix prog/update now, shouldnt take too long......

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:22 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
@mon*k*ey, I got the same shit as JD, and yes I can view them without ya prog. Nice shit BTW

:edit: fuckin typos.

Last edited by TaKYoN on Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:16 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Finished this morning and I'll check it out later today..thanks monkey :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:58 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
up-didleely-date,
ok, i made/compiling the update for the menu, the filenaming, and a few other misc thingees, it's 11mb. it fixes all the 'not a zip file' errors, ( i guess only 1 of the comics, 'son of celluloid' is actually a zipped file, the others are all rar's i misnamed)and the linking names thru the menu, i added an option to auto-renames the cbz's that are named wrong, renaming them to cbr's(i made a *bat file with 'if exist 'hellraisor#1.cbz' rename 'hellraisor#1.cbr') -i'll post the code i used, so wary people can see i didnt put anything sneaky in. it's just rather basic *bat sets(you can open/edit them in notepad/wordpad, i would be suspicious of anyone telling me to use a bat file they made), so you dont have to retype them manually, and copies into the data folder the updated linkings, smaller sized graphics to replace my original bmp buttons, and adds some additional folders for the artwork plugin, linking pages for books,audio books, that's in my latest version plugins.
i'm trying to find some webspace to put 11mb for direct downloading the fix/update. i putting it in my mule folder too.
i think i figured out why the cbz's open on my other computer thru cdisplay. i dont have winzip installed on my other computer, just the native windowsxp zip program. i was stepping thru the cdisplay exe and it calls some dll files that use winzip stuff, but without winzip they go to winrar.

hehe, and detailed instructions on the above stuff, i just wrote this from memory here, but it's more in-depth in the fix/update.
and i'll start putting out the plug-ins i finished, books, audio books, artwork,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:56 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
ok, i squished it into a 7mb sized fix patch. it should run now.
i'm putting it on my site, and the instructions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:58 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
http://members.lycos.co.uk/skitzotheclo ... fix1-2.rar

or

ed2k: clivepedium-fix1-2.rar  [7.03 Mb] [Stats]

this rar
unrar this into the main program directory of 'Clivepedium/'
so it should overwrite folder
/DATA
and make these new folders
/Audio Books
/Clive Barker Books
/clive barker movies
/IssueInfo
and these files into the main clivepedium folder

clivepedium-1-2.exe
clivepedium-1-2.apm
hellraisor-rename.bat
othercomic-rename.bat
autorun.inf
readme.txt(this file)
move all the other files into the '/IssueInfo' folder

run clivepedium-1-2.exe

there is a option from the first screen,on the menu hit 'other'
and u go to a helppage that says 'if u get the zip bad' error when opening files, click me.
this will copy that bat file to the hellraisor series folder and rename them all to .cbr extensions.
same goes for the 'other comics' it will rename the other comics(except son of celluloid) to cbr.

that should fix the problems.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:00 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
hehe, that direct link wont be up long.

and i need to know if this works for people, bugs, etc,

the sooner, the better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:40 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I will test and let ya know. Will also stick it on the mule for a while if ya want mate? :matrix: :jesus:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:07 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
bah? this was really messy. notting works now. everything is messed up.. tried moving things around to the apropriate folders but I just get too many errors aboot missing files everywhere!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:05 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Ma having issues too, you didnt say where to put the batch files, but I sorted it. I was also trying to run it form the old exe LOL cOmpletely missed the fact there was a new one.

Still getting errors tho, for example if I try to look at Primal it is telling me the cbz file is not there. Same for other files too, part of the issue is that the bat file renamed them from cbz to cbr, and now it is looking for the cbz, or have I fucked up somewhere?

I am refusing to read the comics wihtout ya app, you put in the work so by fuck I will use it to it's full potential. Do you reckon a re-install of the whole lot may be in order?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:10 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
other than these problems mentioned by takyon I'm also having trouble with the images and htmls that's supposed to be shown when you hold mouse over a comic. especially the hellraiser series are fucked up this way.

As tak said I too will not read any of them before this is working correctly. Cause when it finally will work it's a DAMN fine pice of work!!!!!! =)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:56 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
DAMN,
i had no idea it was that buggy. hehe, i may have to dust off icq/mirc and walk people thru it/help out bugs. program is shit if nobody can use it, and i hope peole just dont delete the whole thing, the comics can still be accessed, and i have upped around 15+gigs of it. errm, and its taken at least 30 hours of my life to do the programing.
it works fine on my main computer, as is. the first release worked fine, that's why i thought it would work on other peoples, i think most people know i dont mean to put up bad shit. i didnt think it would be this bad, i thought the original version would work for everyone.
i will try writing up a more indepth way of were everything goes, why it goes where it does, what to move were.

**the main things,
(in the clivefix rar file, go into distribution/)
****the most important*****
***move and replace the old clivepedium/DATA folder with the update DATA folder.
*delete the older autorun.inf and clivepedium.exe,clivepedium.apm.
use the newer exe file'clivepedium-1-2.exe',(it uses 'clivepedium-1-2.apm' file, autorun.inf file), .*****

-this will(or at least should) replace the graphics with jpg's instead of big bmp files,
--change the menu's options(or potential options with plug ins),
---change the linking of the files(when you hit the '1' button on the hellraisior comics page, it will open '../hellraisor series/Hellraiser #01.cbr' with cd display, or your default cbr fileviewer.

---the new menu should have an option under options button on the main page that:
+has the bugs fixes
---first green 'click me'
it should move 'hellraisor-series.bat' into the hellraisor series folder, then run itself. it does on mine. if it doesnt move it there, or doesnt run correcty, just move the hellraisor-series.bat into the hellraisor series folder, then run it there. should pop up a ms-dos screen,i have 'echo on' so it should show a prompt to continue, then it will rename all 20 files.
++---second green 'click me'
same as above, but 'othercomic-rename.bat' into Other Comics folder. it should move automatically there, but if not drop it in and run it manually.

*it's also supposed to do it autmatic, but moving files in the clivepedium directory to \IssueInfo folder
-from clivepedium\
-all the jpgs, ex:
Hellraiser 01 - 66 - BC.jpg thru Hellraiser 20 - 50 - BC.jpg, the hellraisor other jpgs.
-the issueinfo.htm files, ex:
IssueInfo1.htm thru IssueInfo20.htm, and the IssueInfo.htm file.
-------these have the job of displaying the back picture/discription of each issue. the only different thing on each htm file is the IMG src="Hellraiser 01 - 66 - BC.jpg" width= "310" html line, with the appropriate issue for each page. i did it this way so i could add in-depth synopsis and pics for each issue with a plug-in. the original IssueInfo.htm should just display a black page. that is what is supposed to be displayed as the first, or when no issue is selected. ive gotten some in-depth synopsis and pics of each character in the plugin, but i want to make sure to iron out the bugs.

++**&&- bugs i just noticed with fix
-now the hover images arent showing for the comics. i'll fix. i think i just didnt update the directory for the images, though they work in there individual pages,
- i dont think i linked the renamed files correctly with the other comics. i cant believe i forgot to link the cbr files in the menu, but i did.

OK, i will do one bug at a time,
after doing the above with the DATA folder and the issueinfo/jpgs into the IssueInfo folder, the delete of clivepedium.exe,clivepedium.apm, and the original autorun.inf, replacing with the clivepedium-1-2.exe, clivepedium-1-2.apm, and new autorun inf file, putting and running hellraisor-series.bat in the hellraisor series folder,
so AFTER doing the above,
1. clicking 'comics' meny button, clicking then ;clive barker's hellraisor; graphic open the hellraisor series menu page?*
2. does hovering on the 1-20 buttons display the back description of each?
3. did the hellraisor-series.bat file rename to the proper extension when run from the hellraisor series folder?
4. does clicking the the 1-20 buttons open the appropriate comic?

*(the hover page doesnt seem to work now on any of the pages)

so, need the bugs (or hopefull no bugs,hehe yeah) for questions 1 thru 4, the error boxes you get, and i will fix 'em (hopefully), errrm, right now, or as soon as i get a reply. i'll hop on mirc if hhah is still open, or get icq up. gotta go get some food now, and something to drink, but hopefully i can fix all bugs today, with some input from the bug victims.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:42 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
monkeysmasher wrote:
OK, i will do one bug at a time,
after doing the above with the DATA folder and the issueinfo/jpgs into the IssueInfo folder, the delete of clivepedium.exe,clivepedium.apm, and the original autorun.inf, replacing with the clivepedium-1-2.exe, clivepedium-1-2.apm, and new autorun inf file, putting and running hellraisor-series.bat in the hellraisor series folder,
so AFTER doing the above,
1. clicking 'comics' meny button, clicking then ;clive barker's hellraisor; graphic open the hellraisor series menu page?*
2. does hovering on the 1-20 buttons display the back description of each?
3. did the hellraisor-series.bat file rename to the proper extension when run from the hellraisor series folder?
4. does clicking the the 1-20 buttons open the appropriate comic?

*(the hover page doesnt seem to work now on any of the pages)

so, need the bugs (or hopefull no bugs,hehe yeah) for questions 1 thru 4, the error boxes you get, and i will fix 'em (hopefully), errrm, right now, or as soon as i get a reply. i'll hop on mirc if hhah is still open, or get icq up. gotta go get some food now, and something to drink, but hopefully i can fix all bugs today, with some input from the bug victims.

1, yes it does open OK

2, you mean the description in the main window? If so then yes that works now.

3, yes they got renamed.

4, All 20 seem to work.

Books displays page cannot be found, as does movies, dunno if it is sposed to be like this.

If I click comics I get the list dwon the left but main window is page cannot be displayed all the fuckin time.

Comics that do not work are as follows:

Summer special says cbz file cannot be found, infact they all do apart from the few below.

Son of celluloid is fine. The hellraiser nightbreed jihad is semi working first part is shafted, that cbx shit again, second part is fine.

I hope this info will help ya Mr smasher. The main issue I cansee is that it has renamed all files to cbr, but is still looking for the cbz name, and ofcourse as a cbz it will not open properly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:39 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
hehe, thanks
yes, i did notice that and am surprised i overlooked something so basic in the linking after renaming the cbz's to cbr's with the other comics. i fixed them in the next update, along with the non displayed pages/hovering image in the main comic page.

the hellraisor series, each comic opens correctly in the cdisplay program,
pressing button '1' opens issue 1
(now works)
hovering over issue 1 button '1' will show the graphic of the backpage
(ok)
you can access and read issues 1 thru 20
(ok)
this is correct? they work and open, all of them of the hellraisor series?
and it didnt automatically move 'hellraisor-series.bat' to the hellraisor series folder, you had to do it manually? even with using the 'click me' option in the '?' updates sections option?

i had written the code to move 'hellraisor-series.bat' to /hellraisor series/hellraisor-series.bat' and then run itself, but i must have done something incorrect, i cant see in my code what i did wrong.yet.
the fixed -comics- main menu hovering/descriptions are being redone now, and i fixed the linking thru the individual pages. im hoping to make it less then 2mb patch, but it really doesnt want to let me extract the corrected portions from the complete recompilation, i was hoping just to make a patch instead of a whole 12mb fix.rar like the last one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:33 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I dunno if it would have moved the bat file cos I stuck it in the directory anyways, when I run the clivepedium and try to run the bat thru that, it first says it cannot find it, and then it runs. Must be cos I put it directly in the folder.

It seems you did it right Mr S, cos first it looks for the bat where it should be, and cant find it. It is obviously not worried tho cos it tries to run the bat from the new location and succeeds.

Are you going to release a new seperate update, or combine the 2 and release as 1 so ppl do not have to grab both?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:07 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
err, the newest updates have all the same as the previous, so just download the newest one. i need to know bugs from this so i can put out 1.4(it has a working videoplayer/movies page)

ed2k: clivepedium.v1.3-fixes.rar  [12.25 Mb] [Stats]

version 1.3
This fixes
-the main comic menu should display the correct comic on hovers
-'other comics' should all link to correct name/extension after changing the cbz's to cbr's

to use, extract into clivepedium directory,
replace the old directories
DATA\
IssueInfo\
with the new ones.

and replace
clivepedium v1.2.exe with clivepedium v1.3.exe
clivepedium v1.2.apm with clivepedium v1.3.apm
replace old autorun.inf

i'm going to start making an 'update' folder, probably just a temp folder u can delete/autodeletes after an update,
now i have a 'new files to put-' dir
clive barker movies.htm into the clive barker movies dir
Clive Barker Books.htm into the cclive barker books dir(if u dont have plugin)
copy 'module not found.jpg' into both these dir if u dont want the blank page.

i'll update bugfixes/changes more often, till its running more smoothly.

book plugin(basic), 2mb
ed2k: Clive.Barker.Books.plug-in(basic).rar  [2.85 Mb] [Stats]

should unrar into \Clive Barker Books, and open in thru the 'books' menu icon.
has-
Animal Life.rtf
Books of Blood, Volume I.txt
Books of Blood, Volume II.txt
Books of Blood, Volume III.rtf
Books of Blood, Volume IV - The Inhuman Condition.txt
Books of Blood, Volume V.txt
Books of Blood, Volume VI.txt
Coldheart Canyon.txt
Galilee.rtf
Imajica 01 - The Fifth Dominion.txt
Imajica 02 - The Reconciliator.rtf
Lost Souls.txt
Sacrament.txt
The Damnation Game.txt
The Great and Secret Show.txt
The Hellbound Heart.txt
The Thief of Always.txt
Tortured Souls (with Spawn).txt
Weaveworld.txt

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:33 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I am on the case, will let ya know how it goes mate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:12 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I got the 1.3 fix and all seems well now. Will let ya know about the plug in when I have it mate.