Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:57 am  Post subject: Beta testers for On Demand style interface
Request Territory

Request Territory
Hey, what's up. I used to come here a while back under the name Grape_Soda, but since I've long forgotten the password and the mail's been broken... well, I'm glad I don't have to reply to a mail now.

Anyway, I have recently written a program in VB that acts as an interface for your TV shows. Here's a screenshot:

You can create multiple genres, create queues, play DVDs by clicking, and all using whatever video player(s) you've already got installed. I've got a PC in my living room with this installed on it, and my roommates (who are computer illiterate) are able to navigate all the TV shows I've got on there with ease. You can use it to launch any kind of file, really. It's also skinnable, so if you've got a widescreen TV you can make a new skin to fill out the screen, or if you use a PC, or whatever.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll PM a link.

-Crawford

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Beta testers for On Demand style interface

The Devil, Probably
Why not provide a ed2k link?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Beta testers for On Demand style interface

The Ancient One
I don't understand the interface. :?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Beta testers for On Demand style interface
Request Territory

Request Territory
I'd rather not post the ed2k just yet, because I want to make sure that the program is bug free and easy enough to use. No sense having an ed2k for a file that'll change every couple of days.

The interface is rather easy to use: You've got a list of genres. Click a genre, and now you can see all the shows available in that genre. Select a show, and you'll see episodes. Click an episode, and it shows you the episode description. Double-click, and it opens the file.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Beta testers for On Demand style interface

The Ancient One
You should put the controls in the way you explained them and add some kind of label. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:15 am  Post subject: Re: Beta testers for On Demand style interface
Request Territory

Request Territory
The problem with that is it would take up more screen space. This program was written for a computer that's hooked up to a TV. Labels aren't even necessary, as both of my roommates, who are VERY bad with computers, were able to figure out how to use the interface with ease.