Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:29 am  Post subject: Friday the 13th Part 3: 3D (1982)

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Quote:
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0083972 - Field Sequential Version

FORMAT: SVCD-Ready MPEGS (From DVDR)
DISCS: 2
VIDEO: 2.35:1
AUDIO: MPEG Hi-Fi Mono
PAR FILES: Yes
CD COVERS: No

This post is in the special 3d "Field Sequential" format and requires special shutter glasses and
a sync box to properly view the effect. For more information on this see Razor 3d's page at
http://www.razor3donline.com/h2a1main.html.

For more information on the VHD 3d format please see http://disclord.tripod.com/vhddiscworld/id1.html.
Please note that this is an early 80's video transfer and is fairly subpar given the current quality
of video, but I hope you will appreciate the rarity of this version and accept the quality of this
release, which is essentially the only 3d video release this movie has ever had (to my knowledge).

I'm pretty confident that the DVDR I converted this from was sourced from an original VHD
Disc since it had all the original japanese subtitles, short side break areas (more about that later)
and even the original opening "VHD" logo intact. Many of the video copies out there come from
a US company that took the original VHD material, cropped out the subtitles and released it
on VHS. The original disc logos and trailer are in a separate archive at the end of the post.

You may notice a few short seconds of black video in between two or three shots. These were
the areas where the disc sides breaks (VHD is a kind of a magneto disc format). As with most
japanese disc the widescreen image was positioned in the upper portion of the screen with subtitles
in the lower half. I kept the arrangement of video on the screen but cropped out the subs.

im not sure if i want to waste 2 cdr on it
it looks like shit on my pc 's screen, like a bad cam,
but then again i dont have 3-d glasses and I dont have whatever the hell that box thing is thats mentioned on the nfo :sui:
if i get around to grabbing some free webspace ill post a jpg, I tried to go back and get the sample which i think was not supposed to be in 3d but i cant remember where it was @-I think I deleted them with the rars. I probably will burn it just to see how it looks on my stand alone dvdplayer.........maybe some day Ill find glasses but from looking at the website http://www.razor3donline.com/h2a1main.html
I guess the red and blue eye just doesnt cut it anymore :x

Does any one remember seeing another 3-d release B4?
anyhow heres the link for cd1
wish i had the samples
maybe some one will figure out if & how to make it work and tell me :wink:

friday3d-cd1.mpg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:39 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
*topic renamed and moved*
:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:07 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
I still dont get how that box works..... :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:32 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
ive seen the shuttered glasses, they arent the regular movie theatre blue/red filtered ones. does anyone happen to have the old sega master system with 3-d glasses that plugged into the cardslot? they look like the same thing, though i havent tried them out.

or, better yet, how bout posting a clip from this movie? i wouldnt mind seeing if i could get it 3-d watchable, but dont want to download the whole thing. if 3-d movies are convertable/rippable, i've seen about 6 dvds of 3d movies i could snag, though the sets with the shutterd glasses are expensive in my area.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:48 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
not seen those glasses monkey, but I have seen the shutter ones that cost a fair bit and are for watching those IMAX movies.

I also got some glasses that were handed out with comic relief one year, with clear and black filters. They actually worked pretty well, original colours and all, but hardly 3d, just bits poked out of the screen a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:52 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
aha, it's more sophistecated than i thought!

http://www.nvnews.net/articles/3dimagery/3dglass.shtml

Are called pulfrich glasses, the ones I mentioned above for comic relief :)

Monkeys Master System Glasses:
http://www.severedbbs.u-net.com/fletcher/3D.html

The ones needed for this movie are called shutter glasses:

Quote:
The idea for shutter glasses has probably been around for a while but it has only been recently that technology has become available to make an effective implementation of it. It works with two images for each image of video, shutters cover or uncover each eye of the viewer, allowing one eye to see, then the other. The shutters are timed with the video so that each eye only sees the image intended for it. Of course the shutters aren't mechanic devices nowadays and instead use a lens that turns opaque when an electric current is passed through it. This is probably a derivative of liquid crystal display technology. Here is a picture of some Crystal Eyes (tm) shutter glasses, manufactured by Stereo Graphics Corporation

Because shutter glasses only expose each eye to every other frame the refresh-rate of the displayed video is effectively cut in half. On an TV this would give a refresh rate of 30 fps or frames per second (for an NTSC TV) or 25 fps (for a PAL TV). This would be extremely flickery and hard on the eyes, therefore this technique will never take off for TV viewing until new TV standards come out. PC monitors however are beginning to support refresh rates of 120 fps and higher, this would give an effective refresh of 60 fps which is just about sufferable. If you have a monitor that can do 140 fps then you will get 70 fps and at that point the flicker starts to disappear and the glasses can be comfortably used for long periods of time.

With a good monitor the only limitation to shutter-glasses is the hassle of having to wear them, they are heavy (much more so than regular spectacles) and you usually have a dangling wire that can get in the way.

Who said horror wasn't educational?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:10 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
hehehe, everything i needed to know about eyes, i learned from italian zombies/slasher films.

i usually have trouble seeing 3-d films(or real life things), as i have a disorder with my eyes, but am still rather interested in 3-d video on computers. the last 3-d dvd set i saw was over $60, for 2 very poor slahsers and 1 NOTLD dvds in 3-d, with 2 pairs of shuttered glasses.

i do have a sega master system, and the shuttered glasses, and was digging them out on the offchance they worked. they have been left in a storage shed for 10+years, unheated and probably occasionally wet, and probably rodent infested, or getting wet by the rodents pissin all over everything.

i remember the 3d game i had on it kind of sucked, maze hunter 3d i think it was called, but it did look 3-d ish.

i guess if a vcd of something 3d wouldnt have decent fps if it wasnt specifically made for 3d. if the fps are halved (i dont have/do many vcd's, but i guess the fps are 24) it will end up looking like a slide show.

hehe, but i did actually see friday the 13th at the theatre in the early 80's, in 3-d. i think i was like 8 years old or so, but it was nice, i didnt even notice the disco theme music that is so abbhorent to me today. the harpoon in the eye is one i will remember for ever, and that little string that the snake biting had.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:23 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
any click this
i havent seen any requests?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:27 pm  Post subject:
a member of the recently deceased

a member of the recently deceased
Location: Hell ___________________________ ------ Horror Dealer ------
Post a sample please.=)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:43 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
I dont have a sample.
Ill send you a screenshot if you pm me an email addy.

honestly without the glasses spud provided a pic for, the release is unwatchable. very blurred.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:53 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
That doesn't sound very encouraging, does it? :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:02 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Polityk wrote:
That doesn't sound very encouraging, does it? :)

no. but it is rare
&
you never know when you might run into a pair of thoes glasess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:17 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Actually I found part 1 + 2 extremely boring. I just got the whole series to see it before Freddy vs. Jason, which was the only one which appeared to be interesting. No idea why somebody wanted to see part 3 in 3D :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:11 am  Post subject: Part 3 is one of the best 3-D films produced

In Hell I Burn
Location: In the basement of an old 42st Grindhouse movie theater.
I have seen Friday the 13th 3-D and can say it's awsome in affects.
The movie in general sucks but the 3-D makes up for the dumb story line.
I never bought the DVD for the reason that the 3-D version wasn't included.
I do have a set of these shutter glasses and can say that beleave it or not, it is a "WOW" experience.
I did get a DVD-R of this movie from a frend and I don't know if this version roaming around is from the same source but I have to say the the picture looks good but not great and the 3-D is the bomb.
I advise everyone into 3-D go and pick up the shutter gasses, its well worth it!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:14 am  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
Hello dead donkeys,

there is a program named 'Stereoscopic Player'. It's free for non-commercial use. It supports alot of input and output-formats, e.g. anaglyph, dual-screen, over-under and the Nvidia-Stereo-Format which comes in handy when you own the Elsa Revelator-Glasses since they expect progressive non-interlaced input.
I've watched 'It came from outer space' in 3D and for me I can say it's really amazing. But I've also heard that some people are more sensous to those effects than others. So see for yourself.

The player can be downloaded at

http://mitglied.lycos.de/stereo3d/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:55 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
will take a look, thx :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:40 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
I just saw, that this thread is rather old. Is there any chance of getting those friday 13 3d files. Well I found a 3d-rip half a year ago. Don't know if it's this one, but I'm stuck at 75% with cd2 for about 2 or 3 month now. So I think it is dead. Well, wether it is this one or not, could anyone reshare it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:20 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Me, too. And a link for CD2, please. I wasn't even on the board when this was posted. Even if I never get to see it 3D, at least I have it. And, if comeone else suddenly finds the equipment and wants to check it out, that'll be my chance. I don't have to get the glasses myself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:06 am  Post subject: *MOVED*

Mod of the Living Dead
I think this thread should go to Dead-Donkeys. As it isn't even complete release (2nd CD missing) and:

"VCD / SVCD / xVCD
Quality VCD rips only please. Namely from a non-screener DVD source.
"

bobbystills wrote:
it looks like shit on my pc 's screen, like a bad cam

bobbystills wrote:
honestly without the glasses spud provided a pic for, the release is unwatchable. very blurred.

If someone finds the link to CD2, please post and we can move this to Low-Q section. :)