Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:48 pm  Post subject: Alone in the Dark collection

The Ancient One
Alone in the Dark - 1992

Wery unusual game for this time! A Horror-Action-Adventure with a weird point of view. It changes depending on where you are in the room and just underlines the athmosphere. Though the zombies and other creatures are "only" made out of polygons they can really make you shiver when you slowly see it comin' round the corner. First only the "hand" and then you got to deal with the monster - if you're lucky you have something like a gun at hand. If not you got to hit or kick the zombie till it's "dead" - VERY good this game, even from the technical aspect - they got all out of those machines back then. Really worth playing. More an Adventure than its successors!

Alone in the Dark

Alone in the Dark 2 - 1993

Feel like Zombie-Hunting? Yes? This is your choice! Nice but very hard game. Kind of 3D-Shooter, but not quite like those "normal" games of that type. What should I write more? If you like these 3D-like Action-Games mixed with a little horror, then it's sure worth the LONG Download. Not bad graphics for that time, very well made. Maybe you could have a problem with the copy-protection, though there is a crack included, it is not so sure, that it'll work on your system. If you have problems use Neverlock (get it at the Apps/Os-Section) to defeat the copy-protection.

Alone in the Dark 2

Alone in the Dark 3 - 1995

And once again! After being greeted by the undead sheriff of Slaughter Gulch you set out to rescue Emily - no way back coz' the bridge - only way out of town - has been blown up at your arrival. Not a new idea. If you haven't played one of the previous games of this series I suggest you play them first to see if this one might be worth the long download. Solid made Horror-Action-Adventure in the usual weird 3D-view - this time set in the Wild West.

Alone in the Dark 3

Alone in the Dark 4 - 2000

Edward Carnby?s best friend, Charles Fiske, died during an investigation on Shadow Island, a mysterious island off the coast of Boston. Carnby contacts Fiske?s client and offers to take over the case. The client, Frederick Johnson, accepts but insists on sending along an assistant, a young professor specializing in Indian languages, Aline Cedrac. The goal of their investigation is to recover a set of coveted stone tablets that bear mysterious, and as yet undeciphered, inscriptions. During the flight, Carnby tells Aline Cedrac of his suspicions that Obed Morton, the owner of the tablets, is responsible for Fiske?s death.

_http://www.aloneinthedark.com/

Alone.in.the.Dark4.(eng).DISK1-3.ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:21 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
"Nice but very hard game. "

I hear that!!! Rock hard, took me ages to get the hang of it, but it is a good game.

Nice thread, when i get round to loading up the donkey, i'll add these!

edit: cool, looks like i can get 1-3 from abandoned software sites :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:51 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
i did a little hacking to get these links to pop up like they do. the abandoned wares site didnt allow right clicking, so u couldnt get the link in the normal way. they didnt like linking from their site, but i got around that, so now u can dl from here and not being on their site;).....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:26 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
downloaded and archived :D Just no. 4 to go

I had all four at one point but have no idea where they are now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:38 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
down, better links in another thread --> Dead Donkeys