Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:26 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Firstly, thanks guys for your support, I wasnt trying to be an arsehole, just disappointed that I will not now complete Demonic Toys. It just rubbed me up the wrong way that sin could so easily and without conscience leave so many ppl in the lurch over a petty misunderstanding.

And FWIW if it comes from a DVD but looks like a VHS then it should go in the low Q section.

Finally sin, I know you will prolly not read this, but I really have no worries over what you call me, you do not know me, and never will. I like to think I know the guys here fairly well, we all get on well, give each other friend slots, reshare on request, we do the whole community thing and that is the reason I will do my best not to let these guys down, and that is why I am proud to have the HHAH tag in my mule nick. And for the record, those caps above do look shit for DVD, you either messed up or the DVD was real low Q, I dunno which theory is correct, and dont particularly care.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:59 am  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
I dont see any full sources I have just 54MB

-------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:20 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
George Tatum wrote:
If Sin666 wants us to be rude then does anyone else think the top cap looks like he forgot to deinterlace it?

ahhh....so there IS someone who noticed :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:46 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Shit, I have missed the whole lovely conversation. :evil:

wargand wrote:
Grindhouse wrote:
So i would say if it was ripped from DVD it would belong in DVD rips.

Why? The way you say this "DVD rip" and "VHS rip" are more honorary titles than a quality characteristic. I absolutely don't care from which source a rip comes as long as the quality is watchable.

Yup, I agree. We could name the section high- and low-quality, but this won't change much. In case somebody's got any doubts what these honorary titles mean, that's what the descriptions underneath are for.

Now, let me refer to what's just happened. A rip got moved, as it often happens. It was moved because one person said it had bad quality. If there is any doubt, the rip shouldn't be in the DVD section, which is a place for quality rips ONLY. And by quality rip we understand a rip from a good source. If the source had bad quality, the rip is low-q. It does not matter if the source was or wasn't DVD. We all have limited bandwidth and therefore everyone should know what to expect before they click a release, especially if it's about the DVD section, which should be 100% sure.

By moving the thread I'm not questioning anyone's ripping skills or truthfulness. I'm just responding to the facts. The reason for it was not the fact somebody said it wasn't ripped off a DVD source; it was the fact somebody said it had bad quality. I clearly stated it was only temprorary unless it really turns out to have bad quality. It turns out it's bad indeed, as we all can see from the screens. So the place of this thread is in the low-q section, and that's where it stays, unless of course you unshare it.

Now, let's get personal. I don't like ppl offending other ppl, especially if they have no good reason to do this. Sin's reaction was very aggressive and surprised me, didn't know it was that important for him to have all his rips placed in the HQ section. At first I thought he was just kidding. I think you had a very good welcome here, mate, and you brought many great rips with you which I'd love to see. Pity. But that does not mean you can offend ppl like that. Do you really think the quality of this rip is comparable with other rips in the DVD section? Besides, it's not rude to move posts to the sections they belong. It's rude to leave so many ppl with half-downloaded rips.

I'm glad TaKYoN reacted like he did and I like his last post very much. Quite a mature response for a childish person, if you ask me. I just want to repeat what he said: HHAH is a community, and much here depends on good will. Shame on those who don't show it.