Why not register?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:26 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Let me try this again, with spelling errors corrected, man I need glasses

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing that emule is something like torrents correct? I am using azerus now for that, but guessing that this is a whole different thing. I did a search on google, and coming up with different things about emule, There was one that looked like it was an official site, for version 0.47a I think, and another for emule plus, 1.something, but don't know if it's the same thing, Can you give me a good link to download this puppy, thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:55 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Here is the official site:
http://www.emule-project.net/

Make sure you read the FAQ's. Visit the forum and do a search if you have issues. Most emule questions have been asked a thousand times, so the forum should be a big help. We can always help here too if you have any questions that aren't answered on the official forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:56 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
tinkermusic wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing that emule is something like torrents correct? I am using aserus now for that, but guessing that this is a whole different thing. I did a search on google, and coming up with different things about emulle, There was one that looked like it was an aofficial site, for version 0.47s I think, and another for emule plus, 1.something, but don'e know if it's the same thing, Can you give me a good link to download this pusspy, thanks

Check this one out:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/faq/ ... tion=emule

Lots of info to get you started.
I personally use Emule Morph XT and it does well i think.
http://emulemorph.sourceforge.net/modul ... oad&cid=14

Have a good time using emule!! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:44 pm  Post subject: Thanks
Request Territory

Request Territory
Thanks for the info. Let me tell you waht I've gotten to so far. And forgive me being a newbie with emule. I'm so used to torrents and getting them. Got emule configured right I'm pretty certain. It's connected. First did the link you gave me for demon wind above and it opened up my emule and I assumed it was gonna start downloading. FIrst, I did a network test, or whatever it was called to see if my port forwarding wsa configured right which I did corrrectly through my router and it passed. I did an update for servers. Question there, so many servers come up, I'm asssuming that when you hit the connect button at top it searches automatically for a server and connects or shoudl I be highlighting a specific server first? ANd do all servers talk to earh of the other servers or is it possible that some files could be on one server and not on others? If this is true, how woul one find what they are looking for without having to go searching one by one. Torrents for example have great search engines that will list files through various servers. Anyway, I went to the transfer tab in emule and see the file I want, but noting is moving, the transfer is a 0 and not moving and status says waiting. Then I did a search and saw demon wind come up, and the complete sources tab says it's at 28 per cent. Is that percent represent competed files? People who have them and are simply allowing them to be downloaded from them? ANyway, don't know how to get the status out of wating and get the file started to download yet. thanks for the help. If you are familiar with torrents by the way, it would help if you compared what I know there, for example peers and seeders. thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:02 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
The network is pretty ad-hoc, the servers are interconnected and it used to take a while for sources to be shared between them. However, now with emule and its source exchange and serverless kad network this isn't really an issue and sources are exchanged through the server, directly with other sources getting the same files and from the KAD network.

The dvdrip has sources for certain. The 28% means that of all the people getting the file, 28% of the total number have it complete. So yes, people sharing,

Turn on emule and leave it alone for several days. It works on queue sizes that are very large and as a newbie, you have no upload credits to your name and as such you've got to sit through the entire queue to get to the front. More upload means you get a queue placement multiplier which means your downloads start quicker, but starting from vanilla you just need to work.

In terms of bit torrent, queue sizes are tiny and for very small kb chunks, emule is big queues for 8mb chunks, hence the speed difference.

Its a good idea to queue up a good number of films.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:02 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Great, GO things undercontrol now, thanks. The things I'm now downloading are going fine. Looks like there are more files here than torrents, however, the overall size are smaller, ie, not dvd 4.3 gb size, more in the vcd files seize. But really apreciate turning me onto this new way of getting files. thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
Just a further contrast with BT, emule is a vast network of interlinking servers and a real p2p application, one of the last great ones. Or rather an early one that still actually exists (I think its the most utilised network atm, bigger than bit torrent still). Bit Torrent, DC++ and the like either work on swarms (single file) or Hubs (single collection of files) which aren't really open networks and is the problem there. Personally, i'm not fond of those two paradigms because its very closed community and promotes activities like trading and profit from piracy neither of which I like. There's a lot of emule communities around, and whilst some maybe closed, the content isn't restricted due to the openness of the network.

There's plenty of DVDrs on emule network, in general, its just generally people find that a vast overkill with crappy bmovies (which is pretty much 99% of all horror :lol: ). Personally the quality to filesize gain just isn't there to support a downgrade from MPEG4 to MPEG2 in this genre.

HHAH has never been big on DVDrs and to be honest, I've made it a personal mission to be downright hostile to xVCD, and DVD is of the same technical branch :lol: In terms of the general pecking order, in terms of acheiving quality its MPEG4 based codecs (xvid), followed by MPEG2 (DVD/SVCD), then miles behind is MPEG1 (VCD). HDTV will see higher filesize MPEG4 encodes, but in terms of compromise, MPEG4 is the pony to bet on. It offers better compressibility next to mpeg2, and you can get a lot more out of smaller filesizes.

I guess its a bummer that there's not many DVDrs and the size of DVDrs, but the honest truth is a lot of the time they aren't needed and the quality gain isn't vast. MPEG4 standalones mean that you can watch those on your tv anyway so the key advantage it has is effectively eliminated off the bat.

Will you be encoding from MPEG4 to MPEG2? I wouldn't recommend it. A small investment in a modified xbox will mean you'll get preservation of quality and be able to playback pretty much everything from this site. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:19 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Great info to know, thks. WHat I generally do is when its an avi file, I usually use avi2dvd. THe reason I use that one is, that becuase my wife doens't speak English, I try to find avis that have the srt or subtitle files and avi2dvd I find the easiest, actually the only one, to work with in encoding them to DVD RWs. SInce I just watch em on my HDTV and then wipe for the next mvoe. Unleess you know of a better way to encode them, fater would be nice too, but I just leave them at night and get up in the morning to a finished DVD RW. Only in a few instances, do I Keep them on DVD Rs like I'm a big Beatle Fan and recently also downloaded most of the Laurel and Hardy 21 disc box set of all thier films, in vob format. I like having the dvds with original menus and extras. Even though sometimes the extras are not included, but the subtitles like I said, are important in Spanish. I live in Lima Peru. I did fiddle a bit with RatDVD, but it's just too damn slow in coverting them back to vob files to burn. That system is only good if you watch them on your CPU and when you have a 51 inch widescreen, who would want to do that.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:16 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
ok tinkermusic i see you on my q for this, i've given you a friendslot so hopefully you'll get it a bit quicker.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:10 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
cool, thanks so much, apreciate all the help, by the way, look in the credits for my name, shoudlbe at the end Michael Boyce or Gary, don't remember which one I used, thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:46 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
@tinkermusic

Hi, if it's okay with you I got a question about the movie.
When was is shot/produced and what's its release date?
When/where was it released the first time?
I'm just interested in that kind of stuff. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:15 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Well, wish I could tell you that info. THe only thing I have to depend on is my memeory. First, since I wasn't orginally hired as a principal actor in it, only an extra, I wasn't really priviy to that much info. I was asked during the shooting to take on the role. FUnny, They asked me how tall I was and I told them I was an inch shorte than I actually was since the suit wouldn't have fit me had I told them the truth. It fit anyway, but was pretty snug fit. As far as I remember, it was shot in 1989 for about three months . I worked on it off an on for about a month myself. Sorry, can't be more hlep with that info. There was no premiere that I knew about, and to be honest, don't think it even hit theaters. The first time I saw it was when it went to video. I was happy becuase it was one of the few times that I actually got my name in the credits even if I did only get back a base pay of $40 a day. I remember I was pissed off when the Doors with Val Kilmer came out more or less the same time. I had two lines in it, but they left me out of the credits. I made a lot better money on that one including residuals.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:23 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Thanks for your info. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:45 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
just goto emuleproject page and dl that 0.47 thingy.

emule is a passive download client, not an active one, like torrents are, this mans that emule will be dling the file as soon as you end your que.

It works with a credit system and youre credited for each client you upload to.

This one is NOT for the desperate bastard who wants the file right away, but for the patient motherfucker who just likes to dl weird stuff...

So... its your call, mate.

Enjoy :) :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:24 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Hey, thanks for the file of Demon WInd. However, it seems to be stalled at 95 percent. , also, under sources there is numbers like this 1/2/3(0), what does the numbers as I put them here represent. thks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:33 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
are you downloading the DVDrip i linked to or this VHSrip? You should get the dvdrip:
spudthedestroyer wrote:
This is a shit quality version (VHSrip). There's a DVDrip.
Don't bother resharing, the dvd rip is still spread (3 completes + partials)
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7705

If your downloading the vhsrip, your probably better off switching.

It should have several complete sources.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:39 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Yeah, it's the dvd rip. There is numbers under the source that say 0/11/12(1), Please can you tell me what these numbers represent, I don't see explanations anywhere inthe help section of the program that expalins the different headings there

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:41 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
tinkermusic wrote:
Hey, thanks for the file of Demon WInd. However, it seems to be stalled at 95 percent. , also, under sources there is numbers like this 1/2/3(0), what does the numbers as I put them here represent. thks

Hmmm.. well there is place inside the forum to discuss that matter, however, just in case, hereçs the answer:

Sources:

45+8 (4)

45 = # of ppl that have the file, complete or incomplete, it doesnt matter (you can see how complete or incomplete is the file @ the progress bar, if its red, then that part is currently unavailable or you can't see it
+8 = A4AF (Asked for another file) those are the clients that have this file and another file you're also dling, and are actually dling the other file from them
(4) = # of ppl you're dling from currently

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:57 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
thks, for the info, but the nubers I'm seeing are not separated by a + sign, but a / sign, and there are four separate numbers, you just described only three inclduing the one inside the ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:00 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
10/45+8

10 = Number of ppl you're connected from the total of 45 ;)