Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:41 am  Post subject: New List

Mod of the Living Dead
About the new look of The List:
I liked the old one better. Reason? I'm using a high resolution (1280x1024) and with font size set to standard I can barely read anything - the letters are too small!
Besides - I don't know if you noticed that, spud - the letters have different sizes. Last but not least - are you planning to do something with the "quicklink" column? In case of 1cd movies everything is ok, if a movie has more cds, it's pretty confusing sometimes when the link to cd1 is in brackets and the other isn't, or you have double links to cue/bins.

I would also consider placing a link to the homepage at the top of the forum site, so that you don't have to look for it. You could even make the HHAH logo at the top left corner to point to the main page.

Hope this helps. :)

Greetz
Polityk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:59 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
The problem is that if the text gets too large a horizontal scroller pops up due to the freakishly long names given to sequels

You can increase font size by holding ctrl+scroll mouse up. I also use 1280x1024 and i thought it was all very readable (using opera), i'll go back and mess around, but before people browsing with both 640x480 and 800x600 couldn't view the list without a horizontal bar. I'll see if i can figure out a way so it works for everyone.

Adding a link to the logo means editing the forum scripts and i haven't had time to look into it (i was actually looking at how to do before i made the sticky topic in the news section).

I'll spend some time having a look into it right now. Is there anything else wrong/needs improving with the site. I'll be happy to listen to any suggestions, and implement a solution ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:30 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
heheh,
i have mine at 640x480.

and i been meaning to ask,
is (on the main page) Island of the Zombies the same as Island of Death? the quicklink of i.o.zombies is a file named Island of death

ed2k: Island.Of.Death.1975.DVDivX-CuLTdivX-iNTeRNaL.avi  [698.20 Mb] [Stats]

so is Island of the Zombies this one-http://us.imdb.com/Title?0079788

or this one-
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0188527

eh?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:11 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
Right I've altered the list now. The table width is the same, and now there is only one Quicklink. Some, the ones with 2 or more cds, call some javascript and this loads all the files into the donkey/mule. If it only loads one file into it, click the link again and it will load the next file into the donkey. The text of the movie titles has been increased too. I'll see if i can find a place to insert a html link to the homepage now i've tackled that.

@smasher
It's Island of Death:
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0188527

either I made a typo or my mate passed me some dud info (most likely the first). I had a copy of zombie Holocaust but it's cut. The only other version is the german one, but the gits have dubbed it :evil:

Also i found out about that phantasm III dvd. There are no regions with the version of the movie you saw. According to IMDB, there is an gorier bootleg, and if you did see a version with more gore in, it must be that or at least a variation of that (check out the info i wrote up on the mainlist).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:11 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Now it's much better! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:00 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I sorted out how to make the logo link to my home page almost straight after posting but lycos ftp was down so i can't do anything about it atm. Glad you like the list better now. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:34 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
eh,
phantasm iii,
good chance that i'm just wrong. oh, well, after watching 10,000+ horror movies, they do kind of blend together.

island of zombies?! aaargh
stupid germans with thier stupid dubbing and thier stupid mustaches and thier stupid makeout parties that they never invite-woops. never mind