Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:47 am  Post subject: Anyone interested/Spread Check section

Mod of the Living Dead
Before I voted in favor of this idea, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it was such a good idea to put SC into AI... In its present form it looks rather messy.
Perhaps we should think of some consistent system of marking which is which in the thread topics or just separate them and make two sub-sections instead of one...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:05 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I didn't see what was wrong with posting a message:
"How many sources are there for this" in the actual topic to be honest, it's what most people do. Another section is unneeded as there are like 4 posts.

I think we'll try that for a while :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:34 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
There will be more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:56 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Well I'd have to disagree - we need a sticky thread ...

Just make it more general - Instead of just "spread check" make it a more general "can I unshare these files now ?"..wich would also include older & rare rips not done by you.....

I for one find myself CONSTANTLY being the lifeline for a dozen files....and when I finally unshare one I get this FR*GG*N plead for a BLOODY reshare 2 weeks later ! :x

this thread could therefor also function as a warning shot.....If I say , for instance, on september 1: Keep this shared till 8 september; If you read this on the 7th don't even bother !

Harsh ? Asocial ? I suppose true....but look at it from my perspective ; I Must STILL KEEP forbidden world shared( released 3 months ago) otherwise a dozen people will be stuck at about 300 mb ! What's my point ? Because I also posted this at fileheaven and I'm telling you guys there must be at least a DOZEN people who completed it...!!! None of them are sharing it now....

HEY,- .....thx for that !

It's not HD space in my case; it's bandwidth - I mean : you mean well, keeping it shared then you get this complaint things are going too sloooooww,and when they finally complete it they pay me back seizing to share within a week.....

Example: I'm not sharing Devil's nightmare at the moment - I bet it's dead .......can anyone have a look?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:08 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
i suppose a sticky thread won't be as annoying as it was in the anyone interested section...

I don't like the idea of it going in the release sections, I want stickys to a minimum in those. Perhaps put a topic as you describe in the reshare request section?

I'll have to think about it :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:06 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I was concerned about the movies that for some reasons don't have their separate threads (as Bassline wrote in the other section). Announcements/stickys are ok, but you must remember that many people don't even bother reading them. Besides, too many stickys is no good either.
I voted for putting spread check and anyone interested together because there is a close link between those two: if I want to unshare something, I ask if anyone is STILL interested in what I'm sharing; no response - delete the file, that's it. However, adding "pseudo-tags" like "Spread check [movie x]" to topic works similarly to "rel" etc. tags, and those we don't like, because we have separate sections for "rels" and "reqs" and so on. There is no reason why we should start using them in this particular section.
Bearing all this in mind, I am, at least temporarily, unable to find a satisfying solution, but one thing is sure, something has to be done about it. In such a small community there has to be some spread check.
Any ideas, anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:47 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
ohgodnotanotherone wrote:
Example: I'm not sharing Devil's nightmare at the moment - I bet it's dead .......can anyone have a look?

Wrogn, I'm still sharing it. 8)