Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:46 am  Post subject: easypost.ftireloaded

Blood Sucking Freak
ftireloaded have started trialing an interesting idea when it comes to making posting easier and ensuring a uniform layout and information contained in the release posts.

http://easypost.ftireloaded.net/

...could be an idea worth looking into for here, not quite sure how well it works (its still in beta) but it could be worth considering something similar here (might even be possible to "require" certain field before the post is allowed, or is that a bit nazi-like)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:13 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Quote:
(might even be possible to "require" certain field before the post is allowed, or is that a bit nazi-like)

That happens here for non-horror releases.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:07 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I've seen these before, AFC has had one for years but its kind of annoying posting releases.

I hate the template they have on fti's template form though, hideously bloated topic title with lots of visual bloat (!#*,etc.) conveying information we remove from titles and the structure of the post it generates could be a bit more... i dunno.

If you want a template i can give you one though :)

I usually use:

Code:
[img]POSTERURL[/img]

[quote="[b]IMDB:[/b] IMDBURL"]PLOTSUMMARY[/quote]

[nfo]NFOTEXT[/nfo]

[nfo]SPECS[/nfo]

[img]IMAGEURL[/img]

ED2KURL

find and replace:
POSTERURL
IMDBURL
PLOTSUMMARY
SPECS
NFOTEXT
IMAGEURL
ED2KURL

IMO, thats the best structure for a release thread, no worthless info, no extra info, ed2k links are at the bottom of the post not buried elsewhere, text information is at the top, screens are after, etc. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: easypost.ftireloaded

The Devil, Probably
EthrielTD wrote:
making posting easier and ensuring a uniform layout and information contained in the release posts.

As I said elsewhere...

If they want to make posting easier and ensure a uniform layout, they could do away with their 1 million sub-categories like "Lower Quality Rips of DVDs of Non-Animated Movies beginning with letters A-E and posted on a Tuesday"

That site is a total fucking mess and it's horrible to browse.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:44 pm  Post subject: Re: easypost.ftireloaded

Site Admin
ViSCeRaL wrote:
That site is a total fucking mess and it's horrible to browse.

Quote:
All comments presented by users of dead-donkey are in no way representative of dead-donkey's official stance or that of any of its subsideries (Spud's mega-pr0n inc) or Shareholders (MPAA).

We don't not believe in censoring or editing any content on this site that does not violate any of the stringent board rules. Trust us when we said, if we could, we would censor pants

:googley:

Personally, I'm not a fan of such fine grain divisions and the contemporary/not-contemporary split isn't great. However, its been like that for a long time so I guess the users they have are happy with that.

If there's any point of improvement we can make to the site here (even if its stolen from other sites :lol: :lol: ) make your suggestions guys... would a posting template be favourable? I know in phpbb3 there's a mod to have default text in the post box that you can do a find and replace on... but to be honest I'm not sure if that's a good solution.

The best thing would be a movie archiver where you can drop in your avi and based on your filename it automatically does everything for you (generates screens, parses the filename for imdb entry and retrieves all that info, grabs the cover from amazon, etc.) I've got a bit of that implemented, but haven't touched it since last year due to time issues (I still needed to sort out underlying database structure). Maybe i should go back to it to prevent loosing my java skills :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
I never said that fti was any great shakes and i agree thats the ridicous subdivision is stupid, I also didn`t say we should blindy copy(steal) some other sites templates or in fact that thier template was right.

It did seem like a good idea when i first read about it for the reason that it would provide a quick and easy way for people to make release posts and would help toward the posts all having the relavant info.

**HMMNN**

When i mentioned requiring fields i just meant that the mechanism would`t generate the code if a certain field wasnt filled "ED2K link" for example.

It might also be useful in that couldnt it do the amazon picture "white bar" stripping and do auto "cover" image sizing too?

As i don`t really use fti for anything other than stuff i know i want, such as current tv series etc then the odd subcatagories thing isnt that much of an issue, i know which forum it is "Completed Series" or "Ongoing Series" and then the series name.

I do hate the contempary/noncontempary thing though it does seem a bit "limp" but since i know where i`m going then i dont really notice things like that anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:46 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I guess i can look at doing some other options for posting for people that want fields. I'll add it to my list :)