Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:18 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I'm a contractor, I get job offers via my hotmail account regular. These suckers pay crazy money & to change to another email simply coz of DD would be stupid, so hotmail need to fix this problem as its getting very annoying, plus I'm not just doing it for me, but for the thousands of other members who cant be bothered & havent noticed coz they just leech & dont talk :matrix: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:29 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
Ah, fair enough... but it still feels a little like this:

:deadhorse:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Hotmail, msn and live are all banned at hhah now.

This is unfortunately a very common practise and this escapade shows you why it is done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:15 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
Found a bug a few minutes ago:

When I log into the frontpage I get redirected to a site that says something like "click here to return to the previous page". But the provided link is wrong!!
It takes me to "http://www.dead-donkey.com/login.php" which should not be the case. I guess it is because the first login attempt failed. But nevertheless the link should go to the frontpage itself. Ok I know the previous site was the login site, but it would be nicer to have a link to "www.dead-donkey.com", wouldn't it? :roll:

EDIT: The anoying "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." bug returned today.
My query string was "http://forum.dead-donkey.com/posting.php?sid=65f73921afe4c6b9327dd71e699ec385". I know that it is not useful because it contains the session ID which expires after some time or vanishes once I log out. But I try not to log out so you could maybe try to reproduce it. It happened when I clicked the "Submit" button on replying to the "Janghwa, Hongryeon (aka A Tale of Two Sisters) (2003)" topic in the "Screeners/Unverified Releases" section.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
@frontpage, its always done that if you login from login.php rather than the side panel (since its the last page you navigated to). i can change that i guess, will just be an if statement :)

@forums,
I'm afraid the query string is useless for me when you are doing a POST since all the submitted data is hidden. The sid is private to your php session and id, i suspect the problem is you've got something that's either changing the form data (norton, for example can do this) or changing your session (a rotating proxy will do this).

As i previously queried, are you using a proxy? Are you using a firewall? is it interferring with your browsing? the only time you can get the submitted form was invalid is if your session is invalid or you are missing a field.

The only reason it would do what its doing is if your session has expired; which means you are taking a day for a reply (in which case this is not a bug and phpbb2 did exactly the same thing... its basic security), or you are using software that is invalidating your session either by changing your ip (rotating proxy since session is regenerated if your ip changes), blocking traffic (firewall) or blocking cookies (you can't be associated with your open session, firewall or browser). I'd suggest turning off your firewall / AV and anything else that might be not very good and see if that solves the problem.

I do not think it is a bug with the site though, i have been unable to reproduce it in any way and you seem to be the only one that is experiencing it. :( The only way i can get that message is if i purposely invalidate my session by loggin in, hitting reply, typing in a message and then waiting for a day for the session to be closed, and then when i hit preview it has to regenerate a new sid.

So i still can not confirm this is a bug, the above makes me think it isn't and is something on your setup :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
did some googling:
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic15559.html
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... id+session
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 92#2729092
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... on#2702932

All suggest it is a local problem (pre-fetching mostly):
AOL Caching
Google Web Accelerator
Norton AntiVirus Software
or any other software that does prefetching, they'll claim to be an "accelerator" or claim to increase "speed" but what they are doing is navigating to links in the anticipation that you may go there ;)

Quote:
This problem is caused by AOL's caching proxy and Google Web Accelerator. They both use the HTTP prefetch header, if that's any indication on how to block them, but you'd still have to redirect users to instructions on how to bypass or disable their service's proxy. This is easily done with GWA (e.g. "don't cache this site"), but AOL would require switching to some other browser like Firefox.

Sounds like you have a piece of software installed that is prefetching and changing your session after you load the posting.php page. Then when you submit you need to get the new session so its saying to the form is wrong. T

Let me know and i will remove the 'bug' from the unconfirmed bug report.

Bloody internet huh? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Hotmail, msn and live are all banned at hhah now.

This is unfortunately a very common practise and this escapade shows you why it is done.

Does this mean that you arent even attempting to send emails to these accounts now or is it just blocked for all new registrations?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
If people register they will be prompted with a message saying their mail is censored and because of this you must use another provider as mails will not get through. Until microsoft stop this practise there is nothing I can do.

If you have a hotmail address now, microsoft is deleting the mail before it reaches your inbox, it is being sent but they are preventing it from arriving. You need to get them to stop doing this, i have tried and they haven't got back to me. All they've done is send me a f*cking survey and done nothing.

I would advice registering with gmail; they are a better service by such a long way. They also offer pop/smtp so you can use thunderbird, outlook, etc. to check your mails too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I'm mythering them, we will get there, its just a matter of time :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Another brick on the wall... I don't understand why people use them.

Out of interest, what if you setup a mail forward and used gmail instead?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:45 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I wouldnt know how to be honest :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:42 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Check settings. There must be some kind of option to forward all your mail to a different adress which you can type in in the specific setting. I don't use hotmail, so I wouldn't know where this setting is located, but my guess is it is there. Even in my crappy workmail I can do it, so in hotmail it must be possible too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I'll take a look at that Slayer, thanks for the advice :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:52 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
they used to have it, they used to offer pop too... hotmail has been getting worse and worse over the years. Frankly it was a shit service back then too :lol:

I've contacted them again and after a day replied saying its been escalated to a special justice league or some other bog bot, so i've asked for the email address of the justice league so i can talk to someone who know's what they are talking about. The customer relation guy is lying to me which leads me to believe they have no intention of fixing the mail censorship problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:13 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Everyone can see green names in the list but cant see who/what they are/do. Obviously its the hidden group to replace front page mods, right? :P :lol:

Koff needs a clearer colour as I'm guessing hes a movie mod & yet us lowly frontpage mods who do nothing mostly stand out more than he does :googley:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:20 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
supermods will stay hidden, if i make em visible there'll be green splatted all over the index under every forum and it looks shit ;)

I changed the movie mod colour :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:31 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
eh?
could you explain that again?
I see your orangy/yellow all over the shop, the front page mods dulux cream & the supermods dark green too.

I dont have a clue what you just said coz I'm asking that you simply change the thing at the bottom of the page so that we know what greens are & what koff is as he was green before & now its hard to tell what he is:

Legend :: Administrators, Collection Mods, Front Page Mods, Help Mods, Movie Mods, Supermods

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:19 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
I meant exactly what I said :wacky:
supermods will stay hidden, if i make them visible they will be splattered across every single forum on the index page under the list moderators... and it looks shit. The reason the group is hidden in the first place is there's little point listing the supermods group under every forum as a moderator, they are supermods.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:43 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
I think that there is a misunderstanding here. BB apparently refered to the Legend at the bottom of the "Who is online" section, whereas Spud is talking about the Moderator list beneath each sub-forum on the main forum page - if I got this correctly.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
yup, I was talking about both, if i unhide the group its going to appear under every forum not just the who is online legend :(