Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
I got a mail back from microsoft, can you see if you get mail now people? (I'm guessing badbugs has autoreply notification on so may have one)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Nothing in my inbox & yes, I got DD set to tell me when I get a reply to post or PM. :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
RedVeil wrote:
I think that there is a misunderstanding here. BB apparently refered to the Legend at the bottom of the "Who is online" section, whereas Spud is talking about the Moderator list beneath each sub-forum on the main forum page - if I got this correctly.

Thanks redveil thats exactly what I was saying. :D

Its just that unless you were here before the migration, you are probably wondering who the green guys are as theres nothing on the forum legend to tell you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:07 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Well, I hope Spuds pulled a fit bird who talks binary load lifters in her sleep coz hes a good bloke & should be busy flickin the bean rather than talkin technobabble :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:23 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Quote:
I fail to see how blocking mail i need is in my best interests, it seems the opposite in fact.

Can I have a contact of someone on the Sender Escalations Team please so I can find out what is going on?

Cheers

Quote:
Thank you for writing back to Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Chynna and it is my understanding that you are encountering an issue receiving messages from dead-donkey.com domain. You want to know if you can have a contact of someone from Sender Escalations team to follow up this issue. I understand the inconvenience this issue may have caused you and the importance of addressing your concern.

I appreciate the time you took to follow up. We are unable to provide a contact number or email address of specific someone from Sender Escalations Team. They have their own set of rules when addressing customer's issues. However, please be assured that they are looking into this matter together with the other domains encountering the same issue.

Please be guided that if Hotmail is blocking your sender or domain, it is in response to a violation of our best practices and done to protect Hotmail customers. The Sender Escalations Team is dedicated to investigating these blocks and assisting other domains with their outbound spam problems. The Sender Escalations Team will attempt to contact the email administrator of <<dead-donkey.com>> domain. It may take a few days for the Sender Escalations Team to resolve this issue and for your wanted mail to arrive in your Inbox.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Mail. Have a great day ahead.

:suicide:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I know it! All people who work at MS used to be in politics!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:18 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
Quote:
The Sender Escalations Team will attempt to contact the email administrator of <<dead-donkey.com>> domain.

Did they f*cking read you mail? O.M.G! :voodoo:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:14 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
RedVeil wrote:
Quote:
The Sender Escalations Team will attempt to contact the email administrator of <<dead-donkey.com>> domain.

Did they f*cking read you mail? O.M.G! :voodoo:

quite clearly, no.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:47 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
I don't know if it's with any purpose, but when I click "Mark topics read" in the Torrent/NZB section, the forums itself stay unmarked and the other way around. Which is kinda annoying when you want it marked as unread to go on reading about ed2k releases on the boards.

If I click "Mark forums read" on the index page, it marks both the forums and the posts in the torrent/nzb forums. Nice :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
yes, its the storing of the timestamps; there's a "forum" and a "topic" last read table, if you click mark all forums read it updates every forum timestamp and deletes all topic timestamps. The problem with nzbs/torrents is that its having to track a topic that doesn't exist in the forum, it doesn't know how to look at a child forum, work out the subset of topics from that forum and then insert those into the forum above.

So when you make all as read, the nzb and torrent section timestamp is above the last post time of its child forums and everything is hunky-doory, its when you go to a child forum and its marked as read, it either needs to do inserts for all topics into the parent forum (slow and bad), or a fancy join is needed, the topics need filtering and the 'last read time' needs processing for topics from the subforum. Bit of a ballache and can be quite computationally expensive :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:33 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Wow, "computationally expensive". I'm gonna look forward to an opportunity where I can use that expression! :mrgreen:

@ timestamps etc: I get it. Hope you dream of a nice solution one night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:38 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
There's several "solutions", but they are all bad/good for different reasons.

@computationally expensive, aye :)
its a computing term for the expense in terms of resources of performing a task:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computationally_expensive

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Tried to post a comment in the recent downtime news post & got this error:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/deaddonk/public_html/sites/dead-donkey.com/modules/comments/index.php on line 60

I was going to say that it feels like the downtime hit us hard as things are very quite :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:28 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
BadBugs wrote:
Tried to post a comment in the recent downtime news post & got this error:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/deaddonk/public_html/sites/dead-donkey.com/modules/comments/index.php on line 60

I was going to say that it feels like the downtime hit us hard as things are very quite :(

that will be a bug, we got cut out half way through me uploading some performance patches... i'm guessing on of the files hasn't finished uploading.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:33 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
yes it was, only had half of the file uploaded.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:54 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Master Of The Dead Donkey
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@email, evil, please read the opening two thread posts :) Let me know when you get mails :)

FINALLY !!! It's working now (well, it seems to be). I've received an e-mail notification for my Tales From The Cryptkeeper that a post have been made, at 12:36 PM today (04-04-2008). :D Here's a little preview :

Topic reply notification - "Tales From The Cryptkeeper S1-3 ('93-'97)(Rip & DVD-R)"
Add contact
Sent:April 4, 2008 12:36:03 PM
Reply-to:noreply@dead-donkey.com
To:

I only hope now that it was not just a bug and that it will keep working !!! :googley:

Last edited by EvilDeadlyImmortal on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:19 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
interesting, no changes made at this end to make them work. I have blocked registrations but if you can confirm it is working for hotmails then I can unban the domain.

btw, that sig is pretty hudge on my laptop (800x600), could you shrink it / make the images side by side / something? :) :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:49 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Master Of The Dead Donkey
spudthedestroyer wrote:
interesting, no changes made at this end to make them work. I have blocked registrations but if you can confirm it is working for hotmails then I can unban the domain.

Well, it's working for me, since today, i've made no change here, just that i've updated my PG2 lists, but I doubt that it mean something. And just to mention it, I don,t have the Microsoft Lists in my Block List Manager with PG2.

Here's a picture to show you that I've really got an e-mail notification :

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6962/hotmail1sp7.jpg

So, if it's only working for me, I don't understand why, like i've told you, i've made no change at all, the only thing I can remember is updating my lists of PG2, and that's all. I've made no change in the User Control Panel of Dead-Donkey, and i've didn't update my firewall since last two week, my PG2 is always open so it's not because i've closed it and I didn't formate my computer recently (it was 3 months ago the last one...) :? :roll:

spudthedestroyer wrote:
btw, that sig is pretty hudge on my laptop (800x600), could you shrink it / make the images side by side / something? :) :beerchug:

And yes, I know it's too big, and I can make something for it, cause I was planning on making me a new signature (pretty much the same picture but with something else...) so for now, i'll delete one, and leave just my personal sig. :wink:

btw, what the hell are you doing in 800x600 !!! :watchingyou: Make it at least 1024x780, MINIMUM !!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:07 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:

Well, it's working for me, since today, i've made no change here, just that i've updated my PG2 lists, but I doubt that it mean something. And just to mention it, I don,t have the Microsoft Lists in my Block List Manager with PG2.

Here's a picture to show you that I've really got an e-mail notification :

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6962/hotmail1sp7.jpg

So, if it's only working for me, I don't understand why, like i've told you, i've made no change at all, the only thing I can remember is updating my lists of PG2, and that's all. I've made no change in the User Control Panel of Dead-Donkey, and i've didn't update my firewall since last two week, my PG2 is always open so it's not because i've closed it and I didn't formate my computer recently (it was 3 months ago the last one...) :? :roll:

They must have fixed it, its entirely their end and i've been complaining for a month essentially saying... so? have you fixed it yet? so? have you fixed it yet? :roll:

Quote:
btw, what the hell are you doing in 800x600 !!! :watchingyou: Make it at least 1024x780, MINIMUM !!! :lol:

Its an ultraportable:
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 85#p160885
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 19#p165119
:)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:23 am  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
I am happy to confirm that microsoft has sorted their blocks out and i have re-enabled hotmail account activations again.

No changes were made at this end, so i can only assume the complaint from a month ago has been acted upon.