Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Youve done something... search site has gone all bright.. need some shades 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:04 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Change your template from the dropdown box or click here:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/login.php?mode=theme&theme=2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:42 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I mean the links below the latest News and Posts.

In the forum you have the following links:

FAQ :: Rules :: IRC :: Members :: Search :: Site Search :: User Control Panel :: 0 new messages :: Logout [ elchupacabra ]

If you click "Site Search" you see the following links:

News :: Movies :: Old Movie Archive :: Site Search :: Links :: Forums :: Sci-Fi Forums :: IRC

The link for FAQ, Rules, Search and User Control Panel is missing. On the other hand, Old Movies Arcive, Sci-Fi Forums, News, Movies and Links is not visible in the forum. I hope it's clear now. :)

The same applies if you select "Rules" or "IRC".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:50 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Its always been like that... the portal isn't part of phpbb.

I'll add it to the feature request list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
fixed the IE/opera rendering problem where it was using a table align and applied it to all its children.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:19 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
fixed the IE/opera rendering problem where it was using a table align and applied it to all its children.

Sounds fine. There is one problem though....
The "Quote:" text above the quote-box is still centered. :wacky:

EDIT: Sometimes when I click the "Preview" button to view my post the following message gets displayed in red:
"The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
damn you need to nanny these browsers more than i thought.

updated and cache flushed :)

I can't get the preview problem, can you provide details on how to repeat it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:57 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Devil, Probably
Ermmm grmpff.
Now the Quote and the box is correctly formatted, but the Code box has gone centered again. :googley:

Try the following to reproduce the "preview problem":
1. Click the "post reply" button or the "quote" button
2. Now you should see the fields for entering the message (enter some text when you clicked "post reply")
3. Click the "Preview" button and sometimes there appears this message "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

NOTE: Sometime you have to press the "Preview" button again and again after the form is loaded to get the error. But the message is wrong IMO, since the form is filled out correctly (cause you don't change a thing when you simply press "Preview" again).

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:08 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
When I open a topic and the loading of the page is done, I see a short flash sometimes, like a picture is very very quickly opened and closed. I really don't know what it is :wacky:

When trying to open this: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... a&start=20
I got "Page cannot be displayed" error, but it didn't repeat itself upto now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:20 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Quote:
When trying to open this: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... a&start=20
I got "Page cannot be displayed" error, but it didn't repeat itself upto now.

How stable is your internet connection? I just refreshed that for 5 mins at 5 second refresh rate (firefox plugins are awesome :) ), and didn't get one error.
The "Page cannot be displayed" error is usually an internet communication error, i get them when my net usage is going flat out and its at random... say google will do it. Its a problem at my end.

If your line is stable, i will have a look at the error logs but its a client side error iirc.

@quick image, what browser are you using? Can you give a sample link?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
I'm not gonna say which browser I'm using, because you will kill me! A sample link? Should I try and make a screenie of it? That's gonna be hard, because it flashes away in a split second, but still looks quite annoying. Or do you mean a link to a topic where this happened? Because there are many (almost all of them).

Other shit I found:

When clicking the read newest post link on the introduction thread in /General, it linked me to the first page of that thread. Which was kinda surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:26 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:
I'm not gonna say which browser I'm using, because you will kill me! A sample link? Should I try and make a screenie of it? That's gonna be hard, because it flashes away in a split second, but still looks quite annoying. Or do you mean a link to a topic where this happened? Because there are many (almost all of them).

I meant, give me a link to a thread that it happens in, ie. http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 32#p179132

Quote:
Other shit I found:

When clicking the read newest post link on the introduction thread in /General, it linked me to the first page of that thread. Which was kinda surprising.

Just clicked the icon next to your name and its gone to your post... is that not happening for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:

I meant, give me a link to a thread that it happens in, ie. http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 32#p179132[/quote]

OK, example: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17353
When the blue loading bar is ready, a white flash appears for a second (or less). Oh, and on editing this post, it happened as well.[/quote]

Quote:
Other shit I found:

Just clicked the icon next to your name and its gone to your post... is that not happening for you?[/quote]

No, it didn't just now, but I have to wait till someone posts there until I can try again.[/quote]

More shit:

Why does this look so ugly?

And I don't mean only the colours, but also the fontsize of the "scores" and the "hits" and why are the movies so far apart?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:

I meant, give me a link to a thread that it happens in, ie. http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 32#p179132[/quote]

OK, example: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17353
When the blue loading bar is ready, a white flash appears for a second (or less). Oh, and on editing this post, it happened as well.[/quote]

I can't repeat this, I've tried in Firefox, Opera and IE7... what browser are you using?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Other shit I found:

Just clicked the icon next to your name and its gone to your post... is that not happening for you?

No, it didn't just now, but I have to wait till someone posts there until I can try again.

You can click the little white note to jump to latest in any thread, under the column last post.

Quote:
More shit:

Why does this look so ugly?

And I don't mean only the colours, but also the fontsize of the "scores" and the "hits" and why are the movies so far apart?

You can select a theme on the right under the block called "theme". The site theme ids have changed since the upgrade and subsilver = smartdark on the forums.

I'm going to delete all session data, this will force people to log in again and default to the default theme for them :)

As for it looking ugly, that's a theme called subSilver... talk to wargand :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
Right "bugs" i'm raising against it... the quotes are silly, they are way too wide and now its ignoring the table definitions in all browsers :? I'll add a quote table class to fix that.

I also thing that the quote and the wrong way around. In phpbb2 they were quote then edit, this is really dangerous as I just found out (I pressed edit then wrote over the top of your post :lol: )... good job i use tabbed browsing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:31 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
I've added some slight padding around the forum which mirrors the frontpage... do people prefer it like that, hate it or don't care?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
Hehe, when clicking the orange icon for "read newest post" on this thread, it again sent me to page 1, post 1.

I'm using the prehistoric IE 6.0.2900.2180.

Quote:
I'm going to delete all session data, this will force people to log in again and default to the default theme for them

This worked. It's back to my beloved smartdark again. The big letters in subsilver are inherent to the theme.

Is there also a way in which I can make this reply-box I'm typing in now black again, with white letters? Because now it's a big white box with gray letters, which I like less than the black box with white letters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:43 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
hehe... badbugs asked the same thing, yes i can fix the box.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Quote:
Other shit I found:

Nah, you click on the right side of the screen, next to my nick, right? When I click there, it does as you say.

What I meant, is: I click on the far left of the screen, on a small arrow which is right in front of the topictitle. It has an orange leaflet next to it (see screenshot below). It usually brought me to the newet post, but now it regularly (not always) brings me to page 1, post 1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:56 pm  Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Bugs

Site Admin
hmmm, i've got 100% success rqate clicking that one too... the only time it didn't instantly go to the newest was when it was still loading the post, and when the post in question finally loaded it jumped to it.

I'll continue to try and get it to break though... ie6 you say? :prat: