Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
I accidently did something bad with some of the database (I missed a bracket on a query)... in case anyone was wondering why it was down for a little while :lol:
Was running some big queries.

This morning I rann the migration script on the users table and the frontpage.
You'll need to add the hosts file for images.dead-donkey.com.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:41 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
Something has changed my signature and it was not me. :o

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:06 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
did you have an imageshack avatar / sig? I blanked them out last night. Feel free to change it to whatever :)

Take a look at john_doe, d0c, etc. and they'll have the same, strange thing is is that your avatar doesn't seem to be on imageshack, did you change that today?

See here infect's which was also at imageshack:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18294&p=187981#p187981

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:46 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
I had multiple images in my signature. I think some of them were on imageshack an some not. :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:05 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
Ah, bugger, i just checked my script and it set the wrong field, it did the replacements, rebuilt your sig, then set the avatar image url instead of your sig :lol:

oh well, they are in a backup, but for the sake of a couple of imageshack images its probably best to leave that as a colatoral damage :lol:

erm.. i mean, no you, erm violated some rules and we removed your sig... completely intentional :wacky:

oops...

ps. if you can't remember what your sig was, i can grab it from my local copy for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
That would explain a lot. I'm going to correct it on my own. Thanks for the info. :voodoo:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
:lol: i usually do more testing, but I have to hold my hand up on that occassion, I've been swamped for about 3 weeks solid.... won't be doing that on posts/topics until i've finished testing it! :o

Just blown my nut at our domain registrar, I can't believe how long its taking them to change two lines of text.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:38 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
It's internship time. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:12 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
imageshack is now banned in all forum posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:12 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
i'm currently running the users script on the shah site; seems to be quite successful. I fixed the signature thing over there, it had a 1 instead of a 2.

Seems to be having issues with html in some posts, but if it can't format it errors out so all is good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:42 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
i've been running a few tests and i think i've got a decent script now; i just need to check against some copies of the collections to make sure it handles the html correctly and then it should be good to run.

I'll do some targetted runs first, replacing select posts (if you have some with complex posts, say a mix of a lot of nfo, some weird characters, html etc... some extremes for testing) and then on saturday running a mass conversion.

I'll have to wait till the weekend as its the only time i'll have free time :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:03 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
hmm? no examples? oh well

I've targetted a few threads thus far and am currently at 100% success on each example(html, thumbnails, etc. all seem successful thus far), my next step now is to locally run a mass-transload... then kick one off against the live database.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:12 am  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
Right, since its worked well so far, I'm going to run this script throughout today... I don't think i'll need to lock the database while it runs, but it may very well slow things down.

Please ensure you have the hosts file entry for images.dead-donkey.com, or you'll get 404s ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:43 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
Is there an image provider with these features?...

Registration not required
Allows filesizes bigger than 1MB
Multiple image upload
.png support
Sex / nudity images allowed
Provides links for different display options (e.g. clickable thumbnails)
Supports uploading of images in RARs

Or is this too much to ask? I'm currently using 3 providers for posts and it'd be so much easier to just use one.

I've looked at a few from Spud's list on page 2 but many of them need registration or are dead already.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Master Of The Dead Donkey
MCMLXXXVIII wrote:
Is there an image provider with these features?...

Registration not required
Allows filesizes bigger than 1MB
Multiple image upload
.png support
Sex / nudity images allowed
Provides links for different display options (e.g. clickable thumbnails)
Supports uploading of images in RARs

http://www.imagebam.com/

it supports .ZIP instead of RAR and you can only directlink to thumbnails, but you can chose different sizes:

I think it's the only decent imagehost that accepts nudity.

If someone knows something better, please report! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:23 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
Thanks elguaxo, I'll give it a try.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:12 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
has anyone noticed an increasing number of photobucket deletions? I don't think its related to this site, but it seems older images are being deleted by photobucket.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:48 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Ancient One
I have noticed photobucket stuff with "Bandwidth exceeded" on them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:23 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Right, since its worked well so far, I'm going to run this script throughout today... I don't think i'll need to lock the database while it runs, but it may very well slow things down.

Please ensure you have the hosts file entry for images.dead-donkey.com, or you'll get 404s ;)

Yesterday I was browsing through the VHQ, HQ and LQ section of the forum. I was looking for cool horror images (screencaps from movies) that I could use for my slideshow screensaver under xubuntu.

Unfortunately over 50% of the images were gone and displayed the following annoying picture instead:
http://img255.imgeshack.us/img255/1719/bugbuster003.jpg (add an "e" in imgshack to get the correct link)

Any chance that the script failed to fetch the images properly?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 pm  Post subject: Re: ImageShack says no to dead-donkey.com ?

Site Admin
I haven't run it across all posts because it was taking hours upon hours, I just zap them when i see them.

You can help out actually, when you see a post, click the little "file" thingy in the top left, just to the right of the poster's username, which will give a url like:
viewtopic.php?p=190347#p190347

Copy the number after the p, then paste it into the following url:
Code:
http://images.dead-donkey.com/transload/test.php?id=POSTIDHERE

In that case it would become:
Code:
http://images.dead-donkey.com/transload/test.php?id=190347

It will take a little while but if you then refresh the page once you've run it it will have relocated the page.

In the case of bugbuster, the postid was 173735
So:
http://images.dead-donkey.com/transload ... ?id=173735
viewtopic.php?p=173735#p173735