Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:21 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@poly, i assume your meaning some kind of sticky system? Never works, you know no1 ever reads those things despite our best efforts :lol:

No, I rather meant something like a big twinkling banner, red on green. I know nobody reads stickies, so I was thinking about something one wouldn't be able to miss.

OK, how about this: some kind of info INSIDE the section on scifi. So it would look like this: you click the link to the section on the index page, and instead of being immediately redirected to HHAH you enter the section. Inside you only have the info that this section is not active on scifi and the link to the appropriate HHAH section. This way everyone would be redirected here, but they would be conscious why this is happening. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:45 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
aaargh U buggers!! i hardly have enuf time 2 read/post here and FH let alone a new forum 4 my 2nd fave genre :D

good work tho spud, looks nice

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:06 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Polityk wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@poly, i assume your meaning some kind of sticky system? Never works, you know no1 ever reads those things despite our best efforts :lol:

No, I rather meant something like a big twinkling banner, red on green. I know nobody reads stickies, so I was thinking about something one wouldn't be able to miss.

OK, how about this: some kind of info INSIDE the section on scifi. So it would look like this: you click the link to the section on the index page, and instead of being immediately redirected to HHAH you enter the section. Inside you only have the info that this section is not active on scifi and the link to the appropriate HHAH section. This way everyone would be redirected here, but they would be conscious why this is happening. :)

hmmm, I can understand what your getting at, but I'd bet that would be just as annoying.

Something as simple as, click and then post a topic on an annoying mysql bug that is going to consume us all, it would take, 3 clicks just to get here. Me shall think further on the matter Master Polityk :)

I will be putting a vote up on scifi in the next few days, regarding whether that site should simply just have a Site Development section of its own :lol: (as per request).

FAQ most definitely should remain as is though, copy crap over there would be a huge waste of database space. Best to focus all energy on one place to solve matters in that section.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:43 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
okay I opened its own site development over there...

The saga of Site Development is over...
...the saga of scifi.dead-donkey is far from complete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:33 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
only found that when i got back from Amsterdam (ain't been here for a couple of weeks). Kin sooperb. Great idea, but more bloody things too d/l.
Still NTL are upping threre ?17.99 150k to 300k soon for the same price :-))))