Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:29 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
George Tatum wrote:
2. Following previous discussions if I were to rip a movie now that had both OL and an English dub on the disc, it would have dual audio, probably 1/6 DVD, that way everyone is happy.

Erm well I dunno how can peeps be happy cause at that size + another audio stream you'll be way low on video bitrate. Unless the movie is 40 minutes long and compressible like an umbrella, you'll have to filter it like hell to avoid serious artifacts... :?

There's always room to improve video quality and you can always add the second audio as a separate download. :D

Like I did with Ricky 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:38 am  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Dubbed movies are bad. Movies should be watched in their original language + subs. I am all for putting dubbed movies in LQ and shooting to death whoever posts it. :matrix:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:13 am  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
well, I'm lazy & dubs are fine with me. Here's one to make you purists sick.....English dubbed version of Pans Labrynth!!!! :o :lol: :googley:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:19 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Lux Delux wrote:
Erm well I dunno how can peeps be happy cause at that size + another audio stream you'll be way low on video bitrate. Unless the movie is 40 minutes long and compressible like an umbrella, you'll have to filter it like hell to avoid serious artifacts... :?

Everyone should be happy because the extra 45MB over doing a 700MB is enough to add a second mp3. Most of the stuff I've ripped is ~90 mins and mono. OK there are those who won't be happy about having the additional 45MB d/l forced on them but this is about trying to please the most people, additional soundtracks have a tendency to die out even on ed2k and like it or not there are many people who prefer to watch films in English.

Lux Delux wrote:
There's always room to improve video quality and you can always add the second audio as a separate download. :D

See above, and some people would get upset anyway because the OL isn't in the main file, ie those who don't know how to mux, or those that don't appreciate that if someone feels so strongly about the matter it isn't hard to learn how to mux.

As for whether dual audio is against AFR standards, I am no more going to be bound by AFR than TDX. Other people's rules. Anarchy and peace.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:26 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
George Tatum wrote:
like it or not there are many people who prefer to watch films in English.

That includes me, if the movie is a shitter el naturel :mrgreen:

oOOps I just felt Ator down my pants

:watchingyou:

PS there are also a lot of people who prefer to watch movies in Turkish :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:18 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Haha, like "Dunyayi Kurtaran Adam" :googley:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
and german... obviously the less civilised nations :wacky:

@george, if your asking would dual audio 1/6th be the best option, no, I really think its not really the way forward... its like those mkvs with 4 dubs and 18 subs muxed in, its a waste of bandwidth attaching a dub... i don't really see the point of muxing in dubs just because you can. Reminds me of those weird ass xfiles episodes with dubbed german as the primary channel and then original audio as the secondary channel... what a mess :? They could have done with the bitrate spent on the german AC3 track, I ended up replacing all of them even after i'd muxed out the dubbing.

Wouldn't it be smarter to release it @ original audio and then dub as an mp3, and let the end user sort it out? You can use mkv to quickly mux everything together, or you can unmux the original audio and mux in the dub. You can even provide a bat file to switch out the original language and switch in the dubbing, i'm sure USB will be able to tell you how. That way you won't hinder your spread either by a locationalised rip. :)

Mediaplayer classic and co don't even need you to mux. Or if your concerned, then release it twice as original language and dubbed and cross reference the threads, you'll probably see which one really wins out in terms of sources in the end too :)

That way your not adding dubbing bloat for the smaller subset that actually prefer dubbing.

Quote:
interlacing for example looks like a bag of shite

Filtering post using ffdshow isn't that big a deal, its better than an out of sync dub any day :beerchug:

Quote:
More often than not though the sort of stuff I rip is really obscure bare bones DVD or VHS so I don't have the option.

Isn't most of your stuff is in lower quality anyway for this very reason? Its rare, hence why its raped by dubbing sometimes or its never been released on a DVD.

Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:33 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
purists

Its not actually being picky, I can't watch it. I nearly never watched Le Pacte De Loups because the DVD defaulted to an english track and it was horrendous. Some badly synced english guy talking about wine... err no. I bet it was quite comical actually, since i immediately, and i mean immediately dived for the remote and hit stop :lol:

I laugh now, but its impossible for me to watch that stuff, its not about purity its about making movies not entertaining.

There are exceptions, but i don't think I was off with my 9 out of 10s. I've got a lot of rips i suspect i'll never watch purely because they are dubbed and i can't watch them. :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
unskinnyboy wrote:
Dubbed movies are bad. Movies should be watched in their original language + subs. I am all for putting dubbed movies in LQ and shooting to death whoever posts it. :matrix:

That's my man. :) :beerchug: