Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:22 pm  Post subject: Plextor PX-760SA

Site Admin
Has anyone seen a Plextor PX-760SA for sale yet? It's meant to be out but i can't find it.
http://www.plextor.be/products/px-760sa ... e=PX-760SA

Its meant to be the perfect burner, reviews for all previous sata plextors have been beyond superb (9s or 10s across the board), full media compatability, high write and read speed (Serial ATA). The 716SA had some bugs, but since then its been rosey.

My existing dvd burner seems to be on its last legs, its burn quality has gone really low and its making coasters every other disc :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:45 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Why just :google: it Watson :P

Monday, December 19th, 2005
Plextor To Announce New PX-760 Ship Date In February
11:01 AM CST Posted By: Ian
As we reported a few weeks ago, Plextor had put their new 18x DVD?RW drives, the PX-760A and PX-760SA, on hold due to writing quality issues. The Japanese website, AV Watch has now reported that Plextor will be announcing a new ship date at the end of February. Translated from Japanese:
The プレクスターcorporation announced that on the 19th, 18 time stenography record correspondence DVD?R/RW drive "PX-760A/JP" of DVD?R (ATAPI connection), "PX-760SA/JP" (serial ATA connection) shipment time of 2 models, in late 2006 is guided February.

The PX-760 series at the time of product announcement October 17th, PX-760A had made late November sale and PX-760SA earlier December sale. But, on November 30th "in development schedule lag occurred", (the same company) thing postponing shipment to the reason. We had assumed that shipment time is announced with the decision circumstance Web sight.

At the same company, "when shipment postponement is announced, large number there was the inquiry regarding the shipment time of the product. It is the circumstance which cannot guide concrete sale time even at present time, but by the fact that next guide time is made clear, the case where purchase of this product is examined if it becomes reference information, with thinking, that it announced that it reports circumstance in late February ", it has explained the reason which reaches to the latest announcement.
Personally, I'm more interested to know whether or not the drive will be available in the US. Considering, Plextor America still has not announced the PX-750A nor the PX-755A, I'm not going to hold my breath. If you'd like to read more, the entire article can be found here.
[discuss this in the forum] </i>

Full article
Raise that popup killer mind you

BTW is SATA fast enough to supply 16+ read/write speeds :? (assuming 2 medium weight programms running )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:59 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
ah february. I read it was supposed to be out by January even after the delays (from google)... i'll hold out until febraruy then.

of course SATA is fast enough :) Check out reviews for the 740SA