Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:51 am  Post subject: CCE Help

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
This is not something I do often, but a relative has requested some TV Eps on DVD as they have no facility to playback MPEG4 files. I've used CCE in the past to convert PAL format Xvid files to DVD, with TMPGEnc DVD Author to do the authoring, with no problems. These files however are NTSC 23.976. And when remuxing the data with DVD Author the audio is out of synch. I mean completely out of sync by minutes.

I've tried using 3:2 pulldown within CCE but this doesn't work. I've also left the output at 23.976 and used a separate pulldown program to convert the resultant elementary mpeg2 video to 29.97. When I did this I also used Besweet as well to convert the audio from 23.976 to 29.97 but still the video and audio do not sync, despite both file lengths being exactly the same to the second.

What really surprises me though is this - I converted the original NTSC 23.976 video to PAL format, using Virtualdubmod to convert the video to 25 fps and besweet to convert the audio and remuxed with virtualdub. The audio and video are in perfect sync in this PAL Xvid format. Now when I use CCE to convert this to mpeg2 the video and audio are still out of sync. This despite PAL conversions working OK with other files.

I must admit I'm going round in circles right now and I've searched for a decent guide to using CCE with NTSC. It can?t be that difficult to put ivtc'd NTSC MPEG4 video on to DVD. I?ve resorted to using WinAVI in the short term and whilst this does work the quality is pretty poor.

Apart from the sync issue the Video is perfect in everyway and fully DVD compliant.

I think I've tried everything to get this to work now, from all configurations of pulldown with the elementary video with all of belight/besweet for the audio. Tried converting to PAL first with the AVI, then PAL from CCE.

It's not that the audio is even to a point where I can offeset it some. It starts out from the first frame out-of-sync and gets worse (up to minutes out). This despite the video file length being exactly the same as the audio.

erm...help!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:51 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Hi killingjokezzz.

I don't really know the techniques behind encoding but I use a nifty peice of software that combines all the tools you need in 1 handy GUI.

It's DVD2SVCD

Don't let the name confuse you it can also do AVI=>DVD.

It never lets me down and encodes using CCE and besweet.

When it finishes you get all the files created/encoded in 1 directory and you can go from there (author/mux etc).

Sorry if you're aware of it, but I've encoded alot of TV XviD/Divx rips and had no problems.

So is worth looking at?
Might fix the glitch :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:36 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I use the same method as Conky, and it hasn't let me down. The result is a muxed MPEG-2 file which can be pulled into any DVD authoring program (I use DVD-Lab), you also get the audio and video streams as separate files if you prefer to use those (DVD-Lab seems to prefer a separated video and audio stream).

Guide: http://uk.geocities.com/misterbarlow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:51 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Cheers for linking to the guide DJBenz :wink:

Was at work when I posted and couldn't for the life of me remember the guide I used, was googling for it, knew it was mr something or other :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:10 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Thanks guys I'll try that app. ButI've figured this out at last. I tried TMPGEnc, which worked OK. Which got me thinking it must be something to do with CCE itself. But I know it works with PAL OK, so I asked myself what was different between the way I did it with TPMGEnc and CCE. The only thing was the way I was inputting the file. With CCE (as I always do) I was using a script i.e. "directshowsource("workwith.avi")" in an avs file. With TMPGEnc I opened the avi directly. So I tried this with CCE too and it worked - wooohooo; how long have I been messing around with this to get it to work and it was something so simple.

I'm not sure why frameserving the file would not work with NTSC files and it did with PAL, maybe AVISynth is messed up with my PC or ffdshow wasn't decoding the video correctly? Who knows, that's for another time to figure out!