Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:21 am  Post subject: Need help setting up another emule client for releases

Blood Sucking Freak
We have a fiber optic internet connection at work, where I am in charge of the PCs and the network. One of my co-workers has emule running, but she keeps the upload capped at 20 KB/s. Today I turned off the upload limit just to see how high it would go, and was amazed to see it peek at around 850 KB/s.

Since our upload bandwidth is hardly used, I was thinking of setting about 100 KB/s of it aside to help share out my releases. I have no problem setting up new port forwarding settings on our router, but what I would like to know is the ideal settings in emule just for sharing. (I will not be using the new install of emule to download, only to upload.)

I noticed that no matter what I set my UL bandwidth to, by default emule likes to split it into about 4-5 KB/s per person connected to me. Rather than 20 connections at 5 KB/s, I'd like to do 10 x 10 KB/s. Is this possible, or is it better to leave it the way it is?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I don't think you can influence this in a way that you have 10 x 10 kB/s uploads.
The only thing I know about is that slider that lets you toggle the upload slot limits.
The higher you set that value the less uploads with higher speeds you will get. The lower you set it the more uploads with lower speeds you get.

According to my experience the upload of people are never the same. It seems to depend on many things. Maybe the credits, high/low id and such stuff.

But if you want higher upload values with fewer users at the same time, keep the slider at the highest value (right side). :wink:

I hope I could help, at least a little bit.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:51 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
I'll just leave the defaults. Seems to be working alright - the new client has shared out 8 GB in less than 24 hours. Too bad I can't set emule use more upload bandwidth during certain hours. I'd crank up the UL at night when nobody is here. Unfortunately, I get to work much too late to turn it down manually before it affects other coworkers.

Oh well, 100 KB/s + my 75 KB/s should be more than enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:43 am  Post subject: Re: Need help setting up another emule client for releases

The Ancient One
gigantibyte wrote:
We have a fiber optic internet connection at work, where I am in charge of the PCs and the network. One of my co-workers has emule running, but she keeps the upload capped at 20 KB/s.

So this is was network administrators are doing the entire day besides drinking coffee. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:05 am  Post subject: Re: Need help setting up another emule client for releases

Demon Of The Abyss
elchupacabra wrote:
gigantibyte wrote:
We have a fiber optic internet connection at work, where I am in charge of the PCs and the network. One of my co-workers has emule running, but she keeps the upload capped at 20 KB/s.

So this is was network administrators are doing the entire day besides drinking coffee. :lol:

Oh, I could tell you a story about a cablenet company where many customers were complaining about irratic speeds. :wacky:

Turns out half the company's employees had set up private ftp servers :shadey: :googley: