Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:21 pm  Post subject: Need help with Upload speed problem

The Devil, Probably
Hi.

I noticed a few weeks ago that sometimes my eMule upload speed seems to jump up/down like crazy and I get a message in the eMule log which (translated into english) is like this:

Quote:
Warning: Your chosen Upload limit seems to be too high. Please review your Upload settings! Have a look at your Upload graph, the white or yellow (with NAFC) line should be as straight as possible. This message is only generated once.

I tried to set the Upload limit to different values already and searched the internet for information regarding this message, without any success.

It seems like the line is straight when I am AFK and let the PC run to perform up- and downloads. When I start to use the PC (and eMule runs in the background) the line seems to jump down.

What I also noticed is that in most cases there is one person downloading with 90% of the set Upload bandwith and the rest (about 14 persons) shares the 10% - which seems unfair.

Has anybody experienced similar issues in the past and can guide me on what I can change to overcome this strange phenomenon?

My internet connection is as follows:
- Download limit: 10 MBit / sec
- Upload limit 1 MBit / sec
- NAT over a WLAN router

Here is a screenshot of my upload graph:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:03 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
What I also noticed is that in most cases there is one person downloading with 90% of the set Upload bandwith and the rest (about 14 persons) shares the 10% - which seems unfair.

For many people this is a desirable feature; your pushing out big chunks instead of small. Many mods have an option to enable / disable this.

When you are using your pc, i can only think you are receiving a heck of a lot more ACK packets which take up upload (Asymetrical download problem).

I've never found emule to be the most stable when it comes to upload speed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:08 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Ok then. I thought that pushing out big chunks would result in 6 simultanous upload connections with higher speeds for each instead of lets say 20 with lower upload speeds.

But according to what you say this is not the case.

On the other hand it might be the download restriction of the users to whom I upload that restricts them from getting higher speeds. You never know.

Thanks for the response Spud!

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:02 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Just to show you that I am not bullshitting anyone.

Here is how the download graph looks when I get up in the morning (PC ran though the night):

So this is a really strange thing, if you ask me.

Do I have to set the eMule process priority to high?
Currently it is set to "above normal" (über normal):