Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm  Post subject: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

Dead But Dreaming
Hi, was wondering if anyone here ould help.
I have this JVC 28" widescreen Tv that has 4 prefabricated picture settings - user/manual, soft, normal, and light. During the last year, user/manual, soft, and light settings have turned into a picture setting with no light, cronstrast or color. Because light and soft are fabricated settings from the factory, i can't change these. I can only change the user/manual settings back into color. The normal setting still works.

Can anyone figure this one out? Could there be any way to edit these??? When I push the "reset picture" setting, they all reset - to the no-color black/white setting, except for the srill functioning "normal" setting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
*notes JVC 28" widescreen Tv on his not to buy list*

Media Cult wrote:
The normal setting still works.

What are the normal settings? If they work, what is the problem? I personally never touch these settings once they are fine with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Devil, Probably
Media Cult wrote:
During the last year, user/manual, soft, and light settings have turned into a picture setting with no light, cronstrast or color.

Excuse me but what the f*ck happened here? Why did they lose light, contrast AND color? I never heard of such a thing.

Media Cult wrote:
Because light and soft are fabricated settings from the factory, i can't change these. I can only change the user/manual settings back into color. The normal setting still works.

Can anyone figure this one out? Could there be any way to edit these??? When I push the "reset picture" setting, they all reset - to the no-color black/white setting, except for the srill functioning "normal" setting.

So you need a way to manipulate the settings of the "normal" configuration? Is this the issue?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

Dead But Dreaming
I knew this would be difficult to explain properly, but took the chance the easy way :D .

Ok.

On the remote, there's a "picture" option - clicking it, your supposed to be choosing between 3 preconfigured picture styles (normal, light, soft), and the 4th is the "manual" one, where one can change light, contrast, color, sharpness, etc. One can ONLY change light, contrast, and color on the manual one. The rest are factory determined I think.

Now.... Suddenly, the "light", "soft", and "manual" picture options turn into a picture with no light, no contrast, and no sharpness. For the manuel option, this is only an annoyance, since I have to manually go to the settings and set up the proper light, contrast, and color. But since the "light" and "soft" picture options are prefabricated, it means that I can't manually change them - so for some strange reason, their default settings are now this picture with no light, no contrast, and no sharpness; and I can't do a thing about it.

The only two picture options that work are the manual one (which I have to change back from the picture with no light, no contrast, and no sharpness every time) and the normal one (which for some strange reason hasn't been affected at all).

I want to know if anyone has ever heard of such a weird thing, and if there could be anything at all to do about it? Cause there might be a time when the normal option switches to the other picture with no light, no contrast, and no sharpness, and them I'm kind of fucked having to go and manually change the picture each fucking time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:25 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
Is this a hoax? :lol: This is too hilarious to believe. :wacky:

Check if your guarantee is still active and call the manufacturer (!) and NOT the seller about the issue. The seller is only responsible for implied warranty which handles faults that were already present as you bought the product. Which is not the case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
If you have an LCD TV you need to have someone over to repair it. I had a weird error in my LCD TV once, where the volume started to rise automatically and I couldn't do anything about it. They had to change my set of button on the side to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:05 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
It's knackered, dump it and get a nice new HD LCD if it is not still within the manufacturer's guarantee period.

A sort of similar thing happened to me with my old CRT, I'm so glad I upgraded. XBMC looks so much better upscaled. 8)

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:30 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:
If you have an LCD TV you need to have someone over to repair it. I had a weird error in my LCD TV once, where the volume started to rise automatically and I couldn't do anything about it. They had to change my set of button on the side to fix it.

you sure you weren't just sat on the remote?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 am  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Devil, Probably
Media Cult wrote:
I want to know if anyone has ever heard of such a weird thing, and if there could be anything at all to do about it? Cause there might be a time when the normal option switches to the other picture with no light, no contrast, and no sharpness, and them I'm kind of fucked having to go and manually change the picture each fucking time.

It looks like JVC widescreen televisions are retarded. Sorry, I've never heard of such a thing.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:16 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Slayer wrote:

you sure you weren't just sat on the remote?

Yes, I'm sure. I even fought some battles against the TV, with the remote as a weapon, trying to lower the volume while the TV was trying to let it rise and rise. I could only win these fights by pressing the MUTE button.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:41 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

Site Admin
i remember that john cleese wanted to do a monty python sketch where they'd slowly get more quiet then scream at the end when everyone had turned their tv thinking it was broken... the bbc wouldn't let them do it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:32 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
Haha, that reminds of a joke by a cabaretier (what's the English word?). He was telling about an evening where he and his friends were at a bar drinking and after they had some, he and his friends stood around one guy and they all started swinging, making him think he was really, really drunk :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:53 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

Site Admin
comedian ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 pm  Post subject: Re: TV problems - color settings have fucked up

The Ancient One
Ah, right: comedian ;) I knew that word! I really did!