Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 pm  Post subject: Left 4 Dead ?

The Ancient One

anyone found a working cracked version of the pc version of this zombie game yet... or is it only playable on valves nazistream?...

anyway it looks awsome!
http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/left4d ... lt;title;1

:zombie:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Demon Of The Abyss
Nope.

But man this game is pure crack. :mrgreen: 8)

Downed the demo last friday bracing for yet another disappointment...
Been playing the damn thing ever since.
Gotta go now. :rock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
I have a lot of reasons to hate steam:
* I couldn't sell my own games due to their eula and had my ebay account locked by valve
* It isn't compatible with nvidia's hardware firewall completely and things were getting blocked
* ICS causes problems for any machine hanging off the main box

However, as a platform now its progressed several years its neat and tidy, pretty feature strong and if you legitimately purchase games its pretty decent.

I won't buy a full retail title from steam because of the eula issues, but I have absolutely no objects to using steam for activiation of titles I buy in the shops. Small or online only games I would probably buy off of steam too.

Its improved a lot of the years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:57 am  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

The Devil, Probably
Looks cool. I own CS:S so I might check it out. I don't download games. I used to buy them for cheap prices years after they have been published.
I have never felt the urgent need to play the most modern computer games. I can wait - there's no hurry. :wacky:

I too hate Steam. Mostly because it is so damn slow and because of all the unnecessary updates it downloads that doesn't even affect my system. It also restarts itself after each stupid update - which I think is ridiculous. Years back it also caused me troubles connecting to servers. Another thing I don't like about it is, that it is simply too stupid to store my personalized view settings of the main window. :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:05 am  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
'unnessecary' is quite necessary sometimes; for example, a major security update for multiplayer. Did you ever play CS the original? You know remember how patching was back then? That's something you should never, ever, ever want back! :lol:

That's another plus to go with the minus points. Cheaters get their steam account locked, no more mega-dicks on multiplayer :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:57 am  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

The Ancient One
i am no fan of this stream thing either, it have put me off all valve game. but this new zombie game looks very interesting. hopefully someone will fix it so you can host the game yourself on lan/internet and invite 3 others and play through the game. its a co-op game so no cheaters is needed....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
Quote:
its a co-op game so no cheaters is needed....

Cheaters aren't needed anywhere.... Cheaters cheat just to mess with other people, this game would be just as vulnerable as those that cheat at counter-strike etc. ;)

Seems stupid to pirate a online-only game though, a lot of hostility to steam is based around the fact you can't sell, etc. your games but someone said you can now transfer games as a gift? That true?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

The Devil, Probably
There's an application that would let you play CS on a LAN without the need to connect to the steam network - I can't remember its name though. :(
I can only laugh about VAC as I ran into cheaters on a regular basis - speed-hack wall-hack ... I am sure you know these very well. :matrix:

I agree that patching games in earlier CS versions was not very comfortable. But you were not forced to install them - I prefer the option of skipping updates.
I always look what the update logs say and they usually contain exotic stuff that really doesn't affect me - that's why I mentioned this.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

The Ancient One
RedVeil wrote:
There's an application that would let you play CS on a LAN without the need to connect to the steam network - I can't remember its name though. :(

There is a progie called "Steam Down" that you can use to install all steam games for free: http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3403446

Quote:
Steam-Down gives you complete 100% access to the games. You can play the Single Player portion, through LAN or through fixed servers without a problem. Basically, you can play anywhere except in the Valid online servers. The Invalid Ticket Fix is being worked on, so be patient.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
Quote:
I agree that patching games in earlier CS versions was not very comfortable. But you were not forced to install them - I prefer the option of skipping updates

I was forced to manually update; CS wasn't backwards compatible and as soon as a patch hit, every single server used to be updated meaning if i didnt patch, i'd be playing on my own :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Demon Of The Abyss
Goddamn buckshot buckaroos ! :matrix:

I'm takin' more damage from my teammates than the horde ever gets the chance do dish me. :matrix:

I love it when you're down but can still fire off rounds to give cover to a teammate.
With the hope that he can find time to revive you.

Had a game where we got overrun and only one of us was left standing, barely, crippled.

Then he made the foolish mistake of walking to yours truly, attempting to patch me up no doubt.

:oops: With my heart still near 200, I acted impulsively and treated him one round of lead to head. :oops:

And somehow it made me laugh :lol:
The rest was not amused BTW.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:52 am  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

The Ancient One
the game have been cracked and you can play lan/online co-op. there is no need to pay for steam/valve at all, but i just read the pc spesifications for this game its whopping 3ghz.... its no point in downloading this for me thats for sure....

to think that the "source" that is based on counterstrike have become a bloatware over 4 years is just horrible. the graphic is pretty much the same as the counterstrike source, that was released in 2004........ this is just a bloatware mod (these you could download for free i back in the late 90's and early 2000)

:prat:

Last edited by d0c on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

The Ancient One
and if you desperatly want to try it out on lan/online (singel player work fine) follow these tips and download here....

Quote:
This worked for me and a friend over hamachi:

1.Open Left4Dead dir>Left For Dead>cfg
2.Open Config and Config_default and change "bind "'" "toggleconsole"" in both of those (recomend open Config in wordpad or Word to get a better view)
3. Change the standard keys to eg F11 in both documents
4. Start game
5. Open the console with the key you chose
6. Write in the following commands:

sv_lan 0
z_difficulty (space) (easy, normal,hard, impossible)
net_start
map (and chose from dropdown "hospita"l is the first map)

The game should start by now. Open the console again and write:

sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0

Now it's the persons who shall join turns to write in this in the console:

connect (space) (host ip)

The hosts ip is the hamachi ip worked for us with 1.0.3.0.

If this doesn't work, check that Hamachi is on the top in the network list by doing these steps:

For XP/2000: Start > Control Panel > Network Connections, then, on the menu bar, click Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

For Vista: Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center, then, on the left side panel, click on 'Manage Network Connections'. Now press Alt, click on Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Round up of how to play this rip Online.
You need to add the "left4dead.exe" to Steam by using the "Add non steam game...." option and launch left 4 dead from steam. Then open the console (~) The key under ESC) To enable the console at the main menu, select "Options," then "Keyboard/Mouse." Enable "Allow Developers Console."

Then copy a server from this list and hit enter go down the list intill you connect to one.(you need to be logged into Steam and have lanched left4dead.exe from the Steam "My Games")

connect l4d.csmania.ru:27015
connect l4d.csmania.ru:27016
connect l4d.csmania.ru:27017
connect l4d.csmania.ru:27018
connect l4d.csmania.ru:27019
connect l4d.ukrgame.net:27050
connect l4d.ukrgame.net:27051
connect l4d.ukrgame.net:27052
connect l4d.ukrgame.net:27053
connect l4d.ukrgame.net:27054
connect 79.165.32.67:27015
connect 94.31.191.29:27015
connect game.nashalife.ru:27041
connect game.nashalife.ru:27042
connect game.nashalife.ru:27043
connect game.nashalife.ru:27044

Get Steam> http://storefront.steampowered.com/down ... nstall.msi

download:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4529446 ... Skullptura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
d0c wrote:
the game have been cracked and you can play lan/online co-op. there is no need to pay for steam/valve at all, but i just read the pc spesifications for this game its whopping 3ghz.... its no point in downloading this for me thats for sure....

a) On some servers that will be patched. You can not play it online on NA official servers i believe, and a simple patch is going to fix the issue shortly. If you want to play real online, you will end up buying it. Its a shame if you are a cheap bastard, but i've found the long hard way that if its an online game, its usually just worthwhile buying the damn thing rather than the continuous cat and mouse of jumping to cracked servers with twindling numbers of players (and mostly arseholse)
b) its specifications with a c :)
c) its well under the specs of my pc in the uk, its not that hard to achieve as I built this quite a while back :)
d) When i get a pc here in spain i'm certainly considering buying it, its reviewing very well

Quote:
to think that the "source" that is based on counterstrike have become a bloatware over 4 years is just horrible. the graphic is pretty much the same as the counterstrike source, that was released in 2004........ this is just a bloatware mod (these you could download for free i back in the late 90's and early 2000)

:prat:

source is the engine for Half-Life 2, which counterstrike was a mod of, its not based on counterstrike, that's getting everything backwards. Source came first, as its the game engine.

Source is a game engine, like the core quake engine, or the ocarina engine, etc. It isn't bloated I think you'll find, and is being quoted as one of the easiest, if not the easiest next gen game engine on the network. Why don't you download the Source SDK from Steam and have a look?

The engine hasn't stayed static since 2004, there's been several core updates and it wasn't exactly ugly back then either. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_eng ... e_upgrades

The bloatware mod and early 90s i don't know what you are talking about; what's your point here? This was indeed a mod that got bought out by valve, just like they did to couterstrike in the first place, if that's what you mean.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Mod of the Living Dead
The genuine requirements:-
Quote:
* CPU: 3.0GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
* RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2 GB for Vista
* Disc Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
* Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
* Video: DirectX 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9 compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

3ghz p4 is hardly a big deal, the P4 was discontinued in August this year after 8 YEARS in production! Even the 3ghz P4 was introduced 6 years ago, and can be bought for around £50.

Looking around it doesn't seem that there are any current (core2duo or better) processors available @ less than 2Ghz

so pretty much any pc bought within the past 4 years or so is capable of running this, not exactly "whopping" system requirements in 2008 in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
and source supports multiple cores in one of the updates i was talking about ;)

I think a 1.5GHz dual core is what they meant, they are just doing ebay maths ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Demon Of The Abyss
This game would have been truly epic if :watchingyou: wacko jacko :googley: made a cameo at the graveyard level.

Just plain awesome without him though.

None of you playing this yet ?
Shame on you all.
Support this stuff if you want more of it made :matrix: .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
the sdk comes out next month iirc, you can add your own child molester in if you desire :)

Quote:
None of you playing this yet ?

I'm not playing anything. My pc is back home and all i have is my ultraportable laptop. The only game I can play is mario kart at work :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Site Admin
Bought this from steam on boxing day, played loads of this... with my brother and some of his friends. Really fun game, could be better... but really, really fun; much better than shitty deathmatch based modes. Been saying for years co-op is better and this is proof... the end levels of each chapter are ace too, utter madness.

Single player ai is retarded though, its fun, but your team mates are useless.

My main criticism of the game is that the counter strike children are taking it rather competively; you'll always get one tool that doesn't want co-op and runs ahead, doesn't cover, runs out in front of team mates to get more kills. Not a big problem but players like that don't seem to 'get it'.

Great game though, best multiplayer game i've played for a long, long, long time :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead ?

Demon Of The Abyss
2 months on and I'm STILL playing it.
(Gears of Bore 2 for instance started gathering dust ever since I finished it 6 weeks ago)

Sadly, most people nowadays insist on abusing all gliches and exploits.
Mic is a must imo.

I'm itching for new maps though.