Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 pm  Post subject: UK ASUS RMA Help please

The Ancient One
I've a dead ASUS board that I want to RMA.

I've emailed them twice now & both times I get a very polite reply from ASUS China, telling me to check it by doing this & that & then contact them again if I need anymore help.

Both times I've replied stating that I'd followed the instructions given & all components are working fine & that they are all now sat in a new board that isnt giving me constant blue screens & I'd like then to send me RMA info.

This feels like a waste of time as they tell me to send it back to the reseller for them to test it & let them RMA it, which I can't do coz the shop isnt there anymore.

Anybody know of a UK contact phone number that I can use to call them on to sort this out?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 am  Post subject: Re: UK ASUS RMA Help please

The Ancient One
If there was already something wrong with the boards as you bought it, you must give it back to the reseller and collect the price. If that store does not exist anymore you could try to contact another store of them. If there are no more stores you'll have to buy a new board, sorry. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 pm  Post subject: Re: UK ASUS RMA Help please

The Ancient One
Thanks for the reply, but you not being in the UK & making assumptions isn't going to help :wink:

I've managed to RMA a 1TB western digital HDD today via some european 00800 phonecall & I've managed to RMA some crucial Ballistix RAM too.

There is no way that ASUS, with their reputation, is going to give 3yr warranties on boards that you can't return if they're faulty.

There must be a solution to this & I seriously hope that it doesnt involve having to phone america for tech support as I'm damn sure that phoning china will end up in a completely confusing language barrier problem. :voodoo:

There just has to be a UK/europe tech support centre that I can contact.

I can't be the first person to have this problem, surely? :shadey:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm  Post subject: Re: UK ASUS RMA Help please

The Ancient One
Yeah, I fogot that there are no written laws in th UK. Strange country. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:05 pm  Post subject: Re: UK ASUS RMA Help please

The Ancient One
Fuck knows what you mean by that. :roll:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting ASUS.

This is Echo and I will be assisting you with the issue you have posted.

Please go to this URL where UK RMA customer needs to go in order to apply for an RMA:
http://www.creativecomputing.net/catalo ... 7f74292f9b
The £16 fee is for shipping and insurance costs, the customer doesn't have to pay anything toward the repair of the item but we do ask that they pay the shipping to the repair centre and we pay for shipping it back. the reason for this is as the standard procedure is to go back to your place of purchase and they will RMA through the distributor so the customer doesn't need to pay for shipping, however if they deal with ASUS directly they will need to pay the £16 shipping fee.

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you~
I look forward for your response with all the details to assist you.

Echo
ASUS Customer Service Center (Shanghai, China)
(Fruitful 2009&Happy new year)

Theres the solution although its gonna cost a bomb, yet cheaper than paying for another board. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 am  Post subject: Re: UK ASUS RMA Help please

The Devil, Probably
elchupacabra wrote:
Yeah, I fogot that there are no written laws in th UK. Strange country. :lol:

I think he means that court decisions are made based on similar cases that happened in the past, rather than strict laws containing the rules to be obeyed.

That is what we get thought where I come from too. :roll:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)