Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:53 am  Post subject: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Site Admin
Sweet Jesus! :jesus:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... 7242FCF7F8

Ranked Number 4 in most viewed "lap"top at notebook review:
http://www.notebookreview.com/price/pro ... ilyID=1218

At 11lb I can also crush those who cross me to death!

That's a heck of a lot of money, but damn I want one. I love thinkpads (have ever since I got this x61s I'm typing on now)...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

The Devil, Probably
Already got plans for the dual screen do ya? :)

Here ya go:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

The Devil, Probably
You just want one, or do you need one?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
HOLY SHITTING FUCK! I am totally GETTING one of those.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Site Admin
In related news, the chairman of lenovo stepped down. I suspect this is because this laptop was too ace for him.

Although i love lenovo laptops the company really needs to sort their act out. This isn't even out on the uk website, and more important than that, you can't even customise on the uk website! I have to import my thinkpads for the US... now you'd think paying hundreds of pounds customs and shipping would be expensive, but they are still ~£500 cheaper than the UK website that only sells base models. The company really needs to get themselves up to speed with their laptops.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:55 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Dead But Dreaming
Ugh. That design is not doing it for me. And that has to be the sorriest, most laughable implementation of a second screen i've ever seen.
This on the other hand...
True Beauty...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:19 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

The Devil, Probably
Macbook?

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Dead But Dreaming
RedVeil wrote:
Macbook?

Yup.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:25 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Site Admin
macbooks are for retards and people who can't draw and want to pay too much for the most lackluster, laptop battery exploding pieces of shit money can buy.

You pay twice as much for half as much, and since its only worth formatting that crippled piece of shit and putting fedora on anyway, its not only a waste of money, its waste of my time too :suicide:

Give me my thinkpad over a macbook anyday!

Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death! :rock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:43 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

The Devil, Probably
They are advertising this as the "greenest notebook they have to offer". Of course this might as well just be a marketing strategy.
You don't know what to believe these days. But trusting what the advertisements tell you is like selling your soul to the devil. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Dead But Dreaming
spudthedestroyer wrote:
macbooks are for retards and people who can't draw and want to pay too much for the most lackluster, laptop battery exploding pieces of shit money can buy.

So people are retards for owning something they like. If you say so. I don't take notebook computers that seriously. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Site Admin
That about does it ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Dead But Dreaming
So thats what goes for a rebuttal around here.
Onion video. mmkay.
I have to lol, then cancel into a smh @ people who fell for that.

Last edited by PumpThrust on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Site Admin
wow, fanboy then? Its satired perfectly every criticism:
a) price
b) hype
c) "innovation", sorry, but 90% of the "innovations" are utter shite; a single wheel click button is the kind of crap we may see in the future :wacky:
d) rabid fanboys, get over yourselves; "shiney and made by apple"
e) crap battery
f) hardware problems, prone to overheating and failures, which when combined with a) is a ripoff.

You don't see any of that in the macbook range huh? you honestly don't see any of that or a bit of yourself in the video? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:24 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Dead But Dreaming
spudthedestroyer wrote:
wow, fanboy then? Its satired perfectly every criticism:
a) price
b) hype
c) "innovation", sorry, but 90% of the "innovations" are utter shite; a single wheel click button is the kind of crap we may see in the future :wacky:
d) rabid fanboys, get over yourselves; "shiney and made by apple"
e) crap battery
f) hardware problems, prone to overheating and failures, which when combined with a) is a ripoff.

You don't see any of that in the macbook range huh? you honestly don't see any of that or a bit of yourself in the video? ;)

So now you're backing up your lame rebuttal with assumptions. I don't even own a mac, nor am I nazi enough to attack people who do (or don't). I was being ironic when I posted that pic. And from the words that you type, you appear to be the only fanboy in this thread. :roll:
spudthedestroyer wrote:
macbooks are for retards

Give me my thinkpad over a macbook anyday!

Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!

That's a heck of a lot of money, but damn I want one. I love thinkpads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Blood Sucking Freak
Isn't that obvious with the first post... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

The Devil, Probably
Yeah, sure it is. Spud is a Lenovo fanboy. :wacky:

One of our younger lecturers owns a macbook and he says that it's very reliable and it's a good choice if you are looking for something to stick to for a long time.
I consider him a trustworthy person and I believe that it was his earnest opinion. However I won't be buying a new laptop until my current notebook breaks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

Dead But Dreaming
RedVeil wrote:
However I won't be buying a new laptop until my current notebook breaks.

I just bought one of those small mini notebooks to take with me to school. That way, I can leave the fully on crankin that emule. Stay away from them acer minis though, those things look brittle as hell and aren't very well designed. The one I got is made by MSI and was a pretty nice value for what I got.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:34 am  Post subject: Re: Lenovo Thinkpad w700ds! Need $5000!

The Devil, Probably
Speaking of mini notebooks... here is my new one:

Asus N10J-A2