Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:59 pm  Post subject: Kinect Thread

The Ancient One
that Kinect is now killing the xbox360...

Quote:
Microsoft must have thought it had finally banished the infamous "red ring of death" from its PR schedule. But the hardware failure, is back on the news agenda.

read more...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... ng-failure

the xbox360 must be the worlds most unstable hw ever released....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:11 pm  Post subject: xbox360 slim are as broken as the other xbox360 versions...

The Ancient One
there was hugh trouble with the older xbox360 it had a 70% failrate at least. ms said they have fixed it, but damn the rrod still plague the xbox360 slim to. i guess we can call the xbox360 the worst ever hw released and a epic failure, from now on i would advice all people to steer clear of it for good.

video...

here you find more youtube videos with failed xbox360 slim...
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 129560/pg1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:27 pm  Post subject: Re: xbox360 slim are as broken as the other xbox360 versions

Site Admin
I was moving house today, i've had a xbox 360 that's not been turned on for over a year. Booted fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:39 am  Post subject: Re: xbox360 slim are as broken as the other xbox360 versions

Demon Of The Abyss
d0c wrote:
i guess we can call the xbox360 the worst ever hw released and a epic failure, from now on i would advice all people to steer clear of it for good.

That is just your opinion and I call it bullshit.

Calling xbox an epic failure is just fanboyism.

While I find the PS3 having the best experience in graphics (consolewise!) xbox has the best multiplayer and network experience. They (MS) really put an effort in creating a network for gaming and imho it's the best out there, it has it's glitches but the idea behind achievements and how it's worked out (far better than PS) makes it really competitive and fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am  Post subject: Re: xbox360 slim are as broken as the other xbox360 versions

Demon Of The Abyss
My opinion about the hardware problems, I agree that MS should have tested it better. But I'm also sure they will make up for their faults. They extended the warranty with the previous rrod, so I don't see a failure in here?
Is it inconvenient? Yes!
Is it an Epic failure? No way.
Do you have a xbox 360?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: xbox360 slim are as broken as the other xbox360 versions

Site Admin
Quote:
best experience in graphics

Indeed, but it comes at a great cost; its not directX, its cheaper to develop against the xbox360 since its a pc, and most entry level developers just can't suck as much money from ps3. Similarly, some basic pipeline stuff is much harder to achieve on the ps3. This is why most cross platform devs hate it, but first party devs that sony sends the mouth of sauron to team sony to love it.

This is why ports of hl2, bioshock, well, every game really that is cross platform always looks worst on the ps3. The optimisations requires indepth hardware/software knowledge and with all things in-depth (like anal pr0n) there's a cost :lol:

In terms of hardware stability, xbox360 is a cheap pc in a very confined space without decent airflow or heat sinks. However, microsoft wanted something cheap to go quick to market with and in the western world they dominate because of it (was reading in EDGE that microsoft is outselling sony in the UK, north america and most of europe).

For me, the wii is the most unstable hardware and cheapest. Why? Because its the only one that failed on me and had graphics corruption in games like RE4. Of course this is subjective bullshit too, but its the only one that personally failed on me.