Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:57 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Sorry, I missed this completly

AFAIK (and i've never used a superpass) you plug the superpass in the top and put the cart with your roms in in the GBA slot.

If you were to put the flashme on the supercard you can flash the NDS from the GBA slot and not need the superpass again.

see how you get on, if it doesn't work for you i'll see what I can find out

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:17 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
http://www.nintendumps.net/forum/index. ... =view&id=7

Is that right?

'AFAIK (and i've never used a superpass) you plug the superpass in the top and put the cart with your roms in in the GBA slot.

If you were to put the flashme on the supercard you can flash the NDS from the GBA slot and not need the superpass again. '

I tried to plug the superpass in the nds slot with a real nds inside. and then plug the movie player with my sd card inside. Nothing happens, just a white screen on top and bottom...

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
also the sd card doesnt seems to be able to stay inside the m3 player cart either.....I am getting worry that those items costs over around £250 is wasted and i still have to buy normal nds games to play :S

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:29 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
mmm, that's not right, the SD card should click into the M3 (like most other SD card slot)

I'm a bit confused here though - you went for a superpass and an M3 perfect?

Can you let me know EXACTLY what you have, is it supercardSD or m3 Perfect? superpass or superpass2? etc

cheers mate :)

It might be worth looking at the review here : http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=content&itemid=170

as it seems to highlight some of the same problems you're having

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:51 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
sorry mate, I was a bit confuse myself, this is what I have bought http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nintendo-DS-NDS-M ... dZViewItem

and this is teh sd card I got

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products ... _uid=96660

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:53 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
:lol: OK fine, you need to install the passkey2 software from the m3 perfect site, the review linked above will tell you what to do with it :)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:56 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
man this is getting stupid, after hrs of looking on the web and stuff i find out that first i need to upgrade my fireware so my nds lite will use m3, then i can use m3+sd to load up and program the passkey 2 and then finially i can play roms.

But shit happens at the very first stage already, while i am upgrading the fireare the bloody process stuck, so i try to open the battery cover and find out the god damn screw is too small to be open..........

so the upgrade stuck at the very beginning heh, probably like everyone else at 8% with no ways of opening the battery cover....

I think right now all i want to find is a god damn hammer and smash everything apart..........

Thx god i have the nds lite plug intot he main while doing this upgrade so it will never run out of battery haha, it will just stay there forever till i find out if it's safe or not to turn off the god damn thing....

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:21 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
wooohooo finially manage to get it working!! Took me sometimes and I have to go to a watch repair shop to get the damn thing open, after that almost every single steps is as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=30243 descripted. But be careful when buying the m3 adapter , the slimline version because it seems the card has problem holding the sd card in, I have to use abit of cardboard paper to stick it in heh. Otherwise my nds lite is a-go-go yay, thx a lot PC_A. now i can fully enjoy m games :D

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:06 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Congrats, just in time for the New Super Mario Bros !!!

Just trying it now

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:24 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
For those of you struggling with a passme the newest flashme is out and supports the DS lite as well as the older model : http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/flashme.nds

And the latest 2d super mario for the DS ROCKS!!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:31 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
super mario always rocks... well apart from mario 2..
/me pulls up a leek and throws it at pca
MOWWOWOWOWOW!

:lol:

You seen the DS lite? looks like they'll start phasing out the originals.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:32 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
DS lite looks nice and with the new flashme is pretty much identical from a piracy POV :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:36 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
bigger and brighter screen like gb -> gb lite?

btw, did you associate "MOWWOWOWOWOW! " with the right sound effect? :wacky:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:43 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
:lol: I think so, the growing bigger sound?

I hate SMB2 with a passion though, so if it's from that - god knows :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:43 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
damn, i was going for one of those pink things with the bowtie actually.

I just saw that smb in the press conference, looked like super mario world which isn't a bad thing :)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:20 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
actually I am not too sure if NDS Lite is such a great idea nymore, after playing on it for about an hr my hands are kinda sore, because it's a bit too small so when you need to press the L or R button it kinda strain your fingers a bit....

BTW Do i need to use that flashme now that I get everything work?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:31 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
You don't have to, but it negates the need for the superpass2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:15 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
http://megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idt ... 56&page=1&

DS lites cracking... shitty design?

Quote:
A large number of DS Lite owners have been reporting that their handhelds are presenting a very specific fault; a crack on the left hinge of the device. It seems that quite a few of the users were alerted to the existence of the fault by reports from other owners experiencing the problem.

There's trouble in paradise as Nintendo's honeymoon with public opinion, largely due to the marketing success of the Wii and the sales of the DS, may be coming to an abrupt end. A story that begun as a lonely thread in a gaming forum has spiraled out of control as more and more DS Lite users have stepped up to confirm that their unit also has the same crack on the left hinge that joins the main unit with the lid. Many users fail to notice the problem as it starts off as a tiny hairline crack, only to eventually turn into a bigger problem as can be seen from the images. I first thought the hairline crack was a pencil mark and tried to use a pencil eraser to erase it. It didn't go away but since it was very thin, I didn't worry about it. A week later, I noticed the crack got bigger. claims user Kerochan from the MaxConsole forums.

It seems that no DS Lite is safe as the same problem has been reported with white devices, blue ones and Japanese imports. There have been some suggestions that this issue may be a result of a design flaw and the most prominent theory suggests that the culprit may be the lock that holds the lid up once it is fully opened. The crack seems to align with the lock although we would have to wait for Nintendo's official word before we can draw any conclusions.

There are some voices claiming that a little SuperGlue will fix the problem but you have to remember that a person who pays for a brand new product, however affordable it may be, has the right to desire it to be in good working order for some time. Additionally, SuperGlue sounds like a temporary solution as you will, eventually, need to open and close the lid again and at some point the problem will resurface.

The most worrying aspect of this issue has to do with some user reports suggesting that when they contacted Nintendo regarding the problem they were told it is not covered by the warranty and that an additional cost of USD 50 will have to be paid for the repair.

We are certain that if Nintendo does recognize that there is a design flaw with the DS Lite it will make sure that owners are allowed to repair or replace their handheld as needed. Treating customers fairly, after all, is the greatest sign of an industry giant.

Nintendo response

Quote:
Nintendo has responded to reports claiming that a large number of DS Lite consoles were presenting with cracks on the left hinge of the cover. The company has tried to play down the number of faulty consoles but has accepted to repair DS Lites that have a cracked hinge that is not due to misuse.

The wording of the response seems to suggest that they are willing to repair the units but wish to do so in the most subtle of ways. The official Nintendo comment reads:

In the U.S., the reported number of small cosmetic cracks in the plastic hinge of DS Lite systems represents less than 0.02 percent of the total units sold. This cosmetic issue in no way impacts the gameplay or integrity of the DS Lite. Nintendo stands behind the quality of our products and encourages DS Lite owners to contact our Customer Service Department if they are not happy with the functionality of their systems.

The entire Nintendo statement seems to suggest that the company is concerned that many people that have mistreated their handhelds may try to take advantage of the offer to repair cracked hinges. This issue however, is the direct result of an assembly or manufacturing flaw so our best advice to the Japanese giant is to grin and bear it. According to some MegaGames readers, Nintendo has already agreed to send out a UPS label to inspect the cracked DS Lites. The company has hinted that there may be an issue with the overtightening of the handheld's lid and it will only accept to repair, free of charge, those consoles found to have an overtightened part. According to Nintendo CS the handhelds will be returned in 2-3 weeks with a new 1 year warranty.

Please use the comments section to inform MG readers of your experiences with Nintendo customer service.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:31 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
DS Overclocking
http://nds.jpn.org/nds2n.htm

:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:38 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
this has got to be the easier way ,but can u get it the uk ?
http://www.modchipstore.com/DSX-DS-Extr ... 16342.html
or would this work on uk models ?