Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:00 pm  Post subject: ATI, those whiners!
a member of the recently deceased

Location: Hell ___________________________ ------ Horror Dealer ------
Cut and paste

http://www.tcmagazine.net/story.php?id=6591

ATI Response to Doom 3 Benchmarks 2004-07-26 10:11:06
One of our staff contacted ATI to inquiry about the highly debated Doom 3 benchmarks that were recently released, here is what was asked:

"I'm just emailing you because I have alot of confused gamers from both Team Radeon and x-3Dfx about what's really happening in Doom3. What they've been presented paints a relatively poor picture on the x800 Pro and x800 XT PE prompting many fellow gamers (about 400 on Team Radeon and 300 or so on x-3Dfx) to question wether or not they should cancel there pre-orders."

ATI response:

"Hi Richard - this is a non issue - Doom 3 isn't even available yet, and we all know that some of our competitors use partial precision where possible. We expect to have updated drivers available in the coming weeks."

UPDATE: "...And btw, let's not lose sight of the fact that ATI performance isn't relatively poor at all. I think Kyle himself said that even the X800pro delivered 'great' performance, and Carmack said in the HardOCP article that there's more to consider than just frame rate. The frame rate difference even today is so minor, it's impossible to tell without diagnostic tools - ie: the end user experience isn't affected. And with ATI you get full-precision enabled all the time - we don't do PP (on R3XX and R4XX) like some of our competitors. It's also important to note that most of today's games play faster on ATI hardware, and you can expect that to extend to other 'big title' games expected this summer. Chris"

Accused from this article:
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Good reads.=)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:01 pm  Post subject:

Location: Hell ___________________________ ------ Horror Dealer ------
NVIDIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:26 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Since when? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:29 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
hyl! frame rates dont matter... i gotta buy ati now :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:10 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol that's total BS, nvidia have bought the support of Doom3, just like ATI have bought the support of HL2 (in fact vavle say the same about nvidia)..

If you believe either, and that "xyz rules" then I'd say your an idiot for buying into this crap. :o

Quote:
hyl! frame rates dont matter..

If you read what he says properally, you'll notice he says:
Quote:
there's more to consider than just frame rate. The frame rate difference even today is so minor

and he's right for saying so, or at I don't understand what that comment came from. Pure polygon and fps is utter pointless if one is slightly higher than the other. What is important when performance is identical is what features that can delivered to make it look good whilst delivering a suitibly high fps. Beyond a certain point pure fps difference simply is not interpretted any different by the human eye, and is purely a fanboy thing to linger on.

The simple factor of the matter is, these two companies have bought the rights for these two games support. The real fact of the matter is, beyond a few bugs on the way, your going to see similar performance from both cards on both games.

Damn I really didn't think anyone would fall into such a fanboy pissing contest, that article is retarded and, well kinda pointless.