Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:42 am  Post subject: Duke Nukem Forever delay theory

Mod of the Living Dead
This has go to be THE most crackpot theory over for the delay of a game :

Quote:
Hi folks,

I would like to introduce myself to you all, My name is Nicholas and obviously as you can see my nickname on this forum is honeyjigga, I used to be in the military and i had a great friend which i have not seen for over 10 years, and completely out of the blue he phoned me last night while i was enjoying a night in in front of the TV. We spoke and i was so happy to talk to him, i suddenly thought to myself how did he get my number because i am ex directory. Then i remember thinking to myself when we were back in the army he always told me that he wants to work in the government, and i thought maybe he used some government information to track me down. So i asked him if he did this and he said 'yeah how did you know that' and i said 'well you told me all those years ago about how you wanted to work in the government' and 'he said you remembered about all this' and i said 'of course why should i forget', he said 'you have an incredible memory', because other people's memory's fade especially when you been in the army under all that fire power within training, anyway i asked him to meet up straight away, so we met up for lunch 2 days later and then he came around my house and stayed the night we just chilled out, then i introduced him to my computer and told him how i love playing first person shooters. Ii showed him Far Cry and he was blown away, and then he told me how he loves virtual reality and he said he owns one of those stereoscopic virtual head mounted displays by i glasses 3D and i thought wow i want to try that, he said he is interested in all types of games and i mentioned to him that the one game i want to play is Duke Nukem Forever and he said 'oh i want that game like so badly' and he said 'but i have to tell you something',
'remember to keep it to your chest like the old days of military secrets and i said of course scouts honour, we were in the scouts before the military but its like the same thing to say that?s for keeping secrets. He told me that Duke Nukem Forever looks set to never be released or not till when we are ready. First i thought what the hell is he talking about but i said go on, he says

It all started out as this, the United States Government, and the British government approached 3D Realms back in 1996, and spoke to George Broussard about the development of a new game which would be government funded, the team at 3D Realms decided to have their own engine made from the ground up, but the government said no we want an existing engine to be totally modified, and used for this game.

We also want a highly advanced game, with incredible looking graphics, A.I. and a style of game play that has never been done before, it needs to be the most interactive and atmospheric game to be made ever in history and we don't care how long it takes, we want it to be perfect. The game is to be about aliens and alien technology, plasma guns, laser guns, and very scary.

'They said that this is going to be based on real life'. Now that baffles me, that all this time the team at 3D Realms knows about the alien cover up and they have not told the general public, they must have signed some special NDA agreement, or more like speak and your dead agreement, you know what length the government goes to stop anyone from knowing the truth.

More of what my friend said. 'As the years went by in developing they had to stop development for a while, remember they changed engines, it was a lot of work to make it based on real life.

Now why all the trouble well, my dear friend continued,

He said his role has been dis-information, he said that Duke Nukem Forever cannot be released because simply us Humans are not ready for this kind of game that deals with alien civilisations, he says that?s why perhaps the name implies it, Duke Nukem Forever meaning forever and ever it won't be released until we are ready. He also told me that
the government simply will never say why we have known about the alien crashing at Roswell for over the past half century, and how they back engineer the flying saucers.

Instead he said that maybe someday when we are ready they will release the game so we can play it and then we would make up our own minds about alien life in the universe or universes as shall i say. Then simply the aliens will come and land on the White House Lawn, but the government will never tell us that they have known about it, its just there getting us ready for it, so instead of releasing the game too soon, they have been bombarding us with all the latest TV shows, to movies and documentaries on alien life, and UFOS and Area 51.

This comes to why George Broussard always said this when we have asked when will the game be released, he says 'when were ready' now you know folks, when were ready, it's been there staring us blank in the face all this time.

I am mystified by all this but my friend is truthful, who put his life in risk to save the lives of many and worked in the military and swore an oath to protect his country and he did this for the Untied States of America , so we owe him our heart and life, as maybe once i have finished writing this information that he has told me and that i have leaked to the internet then the government will do what they do best and cover up their tracks by sending the Men In Black to do their dirty work and assasinanate him for leaking out vital information of the biggest cover up in history.

I was never a believer of aliens but turned to be a believer, we must take this information, investigate it and believe it or we will never learn a thing about life.

Yours Nicholas and peace, the aliens are coming and we must prepare for it

:lol:

The original thread is here : http://www.filerush.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=941
and is well worth reading, it's really funny :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:09 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
:suicide:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:39 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I think I'll join you....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:06 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
OH NO! Not Will Smith again. =(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:34 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
i will join to Image lets make this the suicide post...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:59 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
thanks, satan, for pointing out such a convenient emoticon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:46 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
see you in hell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
:lol:

Anyway, looking for a Duke 4d thread, and this is the nearest there is :wacky:

3D Realms Sees Major Employee Departures, Fate of DNF in Question?
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/43655

Quote:
The many delays and long development history of 3D Realms' anticipated Duke Nukem Forever, first announced in April 1997, are well known to gamers, but it appears that at present the game may be undergoing even more troubles. Shacknews has learned from numerous reputable sources close to the game's development that, since approximately the end of 2005, 3D Realms has had something of an employee exodus. Apparently, up to ten major team members have left the company, with multiple departures having occurred as recently as within the past few days.

Developers confirmed to have left 3D Realms since last December include Scott Alden, Will Bate, Brian Cozzens, Kyle Davis, Andy Hanson, Keith Schuler, and Charlie Wiederhold. Some of the former employees headed up crucial game systems such as physics, animation, and rendering. Notably, Schuler is a sixteen year veteran of Apogee and 3D Realms. Our sources indicate that while the game's team has reached a size of about 24-28 developers, recently it has been closer to 18, meaning these current departures may actually comprise a majority of the team. Several sources have indicated that further information regarding these matters is expected next week.

3D Realms' George Broussard, who heads up the Duke Nukem Forever project, is known to hold a perfectionist attitude towards the game, which is in large part responsible for its many delays. The game has been revamped with new engines multiple times, further prolonging development time as game assets and levels have had to be rebuilt. Some sources speculate that, unless major changes are made to the development process, the game may never see the light of day. A Prey-like rebirth under a new developer supervised by 3D Realms may be a potential consideration, but descriptions from those close to Broussard suggest that he would be unlikely to approve such a direction.

3D Realms officials have been contacted for formal comment by Shacknews, but did not respond by press time.

"We're confident that DNF will be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, game of 1998. And this confidence is not misplaced." - Scott Miller, 1997

"duke Nukem Forever is a 1999 game and we think that timeframe matches very well with what we have planned for the game." - George Broussard, 1998

"trust us, Duke Nukem Forever will rock when it comes out next year." - Joe Siegler, 1999

"when it's done in 2001." - 2000 Christmas card

"DNF will come out before Unreal 2." - George Broussard, 2001

"if DNF is not out in 2001, something's very wrong." - George Broussard, 2001

"DNF will come out before Doom 3." - George Broussard, 2002

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:03 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
:lol: :lol: Haha almost forgot about DNF :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet it will come out next year :suicide:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:15 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
When will be the 10-year anniversary of the game first being announced? It can't be far away :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:27 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
George Broussard and 3D Realms have done a nice job over the years of vindicating John Romero and the Daikatana fiasco with the joke vaporware that is DNF.

A killer franchise brought to it's kness by piss poor management and decision making. Bloody shame.