Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:36 pm  Post subject: Nintendo DS conspiracy

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Too much to explain so go read the 28 pages yourself:
http://www.gamecubicle.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3035

Also, Sonic DS beta rom was released, but it seems it is a fake...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:54 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Sounds freaky. Kind of ties into the comment that they refuse to do internet gaming until they find a profitable way.

BTW, nintendo don't tell anyone anything, so that means.... speculation!

Warp Pipe wrote:
There's another post there that I think solves the mystery. To sum it up he says that as long as you're in range or 1 or more other DS's you will be able to see all DS's in range of them, and all in range of them, and all in range of them, and on and on and on. That way, you won't even need to be at a hot-spot to be able to play many different people at any different game at a low ping.

Nintendo.com wrote:
...And wireless functions could link players in the same room ? or across the country.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm? ... em&id=1759

http://nintendojo.com/specials/view_item.php?1096488064

Nintendojo wrote:
What You Now Should Know

--The Warp Pipe Team is working on a new project for the Nintendo DS that?ll enhance the social aspect of online multiplayer.
--The DS is capable of producing multiplayer signals well beyond the 30-100 feet range, or even the nationwide Wi-Fi.
--Nintendo, whether this is related to the existing Warp Pipe project or not, is interested in creating a system by which DS users can download new content, updates, and more.
--The DS has the ability to ?link? to other DS?s in a large-scale area by utilizing hot-spots, though it is not known if this ability will be utilized via this project. In other words, 10 players in the 30-100 feet range can find 10 more in the vicinity of, say, an entire college campus.
--The Warp pipe service will launch later this year.
--Several publishers and developers are amongst the select few "in the know".
--N-Sider will break the news (at least in part) by mid-October, following an NDA that was signed, with the full blown announcement scheduled to debut a bit later.

What Remains To Be Confirmed

--Is there a connection between Chad?s team and the Nintendo corporation?
--Is Warp Pipe Technologies now an officially licensed software developer?
--Who will support this new feature, aside from the aforementioned third parties?
--Will the new feature come embedded with the DS, or will it function via an external peripheral of sorts?
--Will similar technologies come implmented into Nintendo's Revolution to offer a revolutionary, *free* online service? Remember, Nintendo never wanted to go online this generation to avoid having to charge extra for services, ala Sony and Microsoft. Iwata said they were researching ways to go online without having to do so. Could this be the answer? Will a social, new online experience come straight out of the box?

Quote:
I post on Warp-pipe forums said that Purog is Panasonic's online center.

Panasonic and Nintendo have worked to together in the past...

Quote:
don't know if you want to thank me or hate me, but I'm the person that posted the story to /.

I realize now that there were lots of errors in what was reported, but there was also a lot of confusion and buzz around the event as well.

Having watched things transpire, here's what I think. Some of this has been mentioned other places and, as always, take with a grain of salt.

The Warp Pipe team is working with Nintendo to online-enable their games.

Games will feature an icon on the box to show they are compatible with the service.

Nintendo has been looking for a PROFITABLE way to get into the online game arena while making it EASY for consumers.

Nintendo will, for the small price of investing in the good folks at Warp Pipe, trump Sony and Microsoft?s online attempts and not bleed money while doing it.

The picture of the dog and some of the clues refer to Animal Crossing.
The animal is crossing the road (Animal Crossing)
The scene is in the forest (Animal Forest ? Japanese version of Animal Crossing on the N64.)
Remember, bees? sting. Did everyone forget the bee-hives in Animal Crossing?

There won?t be a GPS / Camera in the DS

There won?t be a microphone attachment

There will be a headset

There won?t be a repeater, you will have to be near another DS or a Wi-Fi hot spot

Marionette is Mario Net and not a reference to the Marionette demo shown at E3 a few years ago.

The Warp Pipe team freakin? rocks

This IS the Metaton announcement. I base this on the fact that, almost 2 and ? years ago, I saw a leaked video of a Super Mario Bros game running in full 3D. I didn?t know what it was at the time and everyone thought it was the GBA2 that was about explode. Nintendo kept the whole thing very hush and told everyone it was a hoax. Since nothing else was heard about this device, we all assumed Nintendo was right. It turns out Nintendo has been holding their cards very close to their chest. The whole DS device should be thought of more as a communication device first, game device second. Rather than being a Blackberry or Danger Sidekick that uses pay-per-month fees, it allows you to communicate with friends over systems you already own such as your Wi-Fi connection or directly to their DS. Rather than being designed to facilitate business, like a Treo or Blackberry, it is designed to facilitate play.

Imagine sitting on your sofa and having your DS beep cause your nephew in Wisconsin is available. You chat on Picto chat for a while and then join a game together.

Look at the popularity of IM and SMS over the past few years. Communication IS the killer app. Nintendo knows this. Look at their games such as 4 swords, crystal chronicles and Pac-man vs. All of them require extensive communication with other players.

What do you all think?

http://forums.warppipe.com/viewtopic.php?t=11573

lol, lots of geeks :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:59 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol more geeks, they seem to be really excited, and that's strangely addictive. Maybe this thing has something that can beat off my PDA?

If its a gay bear playing a banjo though....:eatthis:

http://forums.warppipe.com/viewtopic.php?t=11400

There's some weird net tech giving out cryptic clues :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:52 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Could the DS be the games machine that finally convinces me to use something that is portable? Could it be the machine that changes my opinion of Nintendo? Who the fuck knows, but it has a huge amount of potential, watching this and the PSP battle could be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:30 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol and the geek armies are amassing... now all we need is these little japanese people to come out and say:
"You are not ready... you lack the will of the warrior..."
:lol:

@TaK, PDAs rule. I got a IPAQ 5450 and it can play roms perfectly upto 16bit, but there are also loads of 3d games, I have tomb raider somewhere and it looks identical to the psx version... infact a lot better since its not stretched to a crap res.

That's what they have to compete with if they want my attention! Of course you can't programme and run windows like apps, which is a major downside.

btw. wireless eats batteries, I'm very sceptical about battery life, although it apparantly trounces the psp. I think psp has 6hrs bat life (game gear?), but I don't know what this things life is.

ad-hoc 802 is extremely tempramental, if they are feasbily doing something, there's something they haven't announced or its going to be dissapointment for people who want pdas to steal the technology :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:34 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Time will tell.

Oh yeah, bring on the jappy chappies, I will crush them like bugs. It is time for me to re-enter the world of gaming.

BTW, I am pretty good at Halo online now, I am coming first in about 70% of the games I play, I wish that shit was real LOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:56 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
no comment, I hated halo. I played the xbox version and it was okay, but the pc version sucked. Methinks if bungie hadn't have been bought out by m$ it would have bombed, or not done as well in a competative pc market ;)

pretty good at halo online on an xbox is one thing, unless you have keyboard and mouse a moderate player on the pc has the advantage :lol:

I'm not a fan of online games myself, I love multiplayer, but lans and friend's consoles. Super Monkey Balls is still fun when everyone is pissed lol. No one wants to play zelda: 4 swords cos it takes too much effort, so its normally some crappy generic multiplayer beat em up. Soul Caliber on the xbox they like, then I have to do stealth put on super smash bros. lol, gives everyone headaches because of the madness so I just slaughter everything :D

/me is a brawler, not a fighter
/me is a driver, not a racer
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:15 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I play on the PC, but have not really bothered with the single player aspect. Like I have said before I am not a huge gamer, and I hate single player due to the limitations of the computer, it is either perfect or predictable or just plain stupid.

Halo is one of the few games Ihave liked, nothing better than running someone over in a scorpion tank and then watching them bitch at ya cos "it aint the right to play".

/me is a racer, not a driver.
/me is a stoner, not a drinker.
/me is a gobby shit, not a mass debater :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:26 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
racing? You can't run people over in racing!

Carmageddon all the way... screw the racing, kill all humans!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:28 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
LOL I played Carmageddon a few months back, I forgot how much I loved that game.

Anyways, whaddya mean I can't run ppl over when racing, you obviously aint seen my driving Spud.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:26 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Just confirmed the preorder on my DS :D :D :D

Getting Mario 64 DS and Feel The Magic (a sexy version of Wario Ware according to one site :wacky: )

Here's hoping I don't get fucked by customs :evil: