Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:20 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mod of the Living Dead
You can't play .iso images, if you want to play games from the HDD you have to unpack the .iso into a directory on the xbox (usually \games\gamesname)

[edit]Ooh Post 10,000![/edit]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
PC_Arcade wrote:
You can't play .iso images

Yes, you can only play isos/nrgs/img of DVD-rs, not games :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:31 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
this might be a stupid question i got a xbox game i want to make a copy of it how do
i do that is the only way with my xbox hooked up to my comp?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
killmoney wrote:
this might be a stupid question i got a xbox game i want to make a copy of it how do
i do that is the only way with my xbox hooked up to my comp?

wow... blast from the past! I only remember doing it once, many years ago :lol:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:57 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

The Ancient One
Ok, its taken 8 months but I've finally soft-modded the xbox.

The L_tools1.8MA.zip that PCA lists in his guide have been q'd for 4 months & still havent completed so I had a look about for a different guide.

Last week I bought an AR Max. The AR software isnt compatible with any version of x64, neither XP or Vista.
After loading on a 32bit XP & having to manually install the drivers, I used the Splinter Cell files & the guide here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710 to get the initial softmod files onto the xbox.
Having got it booting with the unleashX dashboard confirmed it was soft modded.

Now I havent got a clue about FTP so I looked for a CD/DVD installer for the XBMC dashboard & found this one here: http://www.aidtracker.com/

This comes with dozens of dashboards, emulators & loads of extras. (No idea what all the BIOS files are for).

Its set as dual boot that loads original dash with the drawer open so as not to get banned on LIVE & with the drawer shut it boots XBMC. Tested with a couple of films & it works fine.

The lights on the front of the xbox are red when running XBMC & green when running MS dash. Not sure if thats normal but thats how it is.

Total cost:
Crystal XBOX £25
AR MAX 8MB £17.48
Remote Control £5
Splinter Cell £0.99

I still don't see what all the fuss is about yet. I havent been able to adjust the AR on the video (maybe I'm missing an option?) But at under £50 its not so bad coz at least you can play games on it too which you cant do on a standalone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
I've not used a installed mod because ftp is copy and drag some folders, assuming you have a router or a hub and can just plug your xbox in... :wacky: If you don't have a router or a hub, you should get one because its the best way to share files; stick your movies on your pc in a share or on a nas and play them over the network.

Anyway, you can change all the colours, fan speed, hdd speed, etc. under settings.

Press the big green button on any video to change the ar, the one right in the middle of the remote. By default it will change the AR although you can of course change the buttons around; so i'm assuming your disc came with a new version of xbmc and a decent key configuration file. there's vast realms of settings under every settings options, you should go through them and tweak.

Quote:
But at under £50 its not so bad coz at least you can play games on it too which you cant do on a standalone.

If that's the only thing you think it can do that any other standalone can do i just have to ask this question, was it a new version of XBMC from the past few years? What about queing up entire folders? What about playing movies inside rars? What about network streaming? What about codec support? what... *snip* ;) Basic functionality is all over the place but absent from competitors.

If you've not got a hub/router, get one from ebay for a penny + p&p, and then get a bit of cat 5 cable and setup a network. I'd recommend that setup rather than leaving it off a network (you said xbox live so i assume you've got it plugged in).

Default xbox ftp settings are 192.168.1.32 and xbox / xbox ; any ftp client works from flashfxp to command line ftp to the freeware filezilla or winscp.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:04 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

The Ancient One
The nfo with the installer is this:
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

ÛÛÛ± °²±±° °²±± ²ÛÛÛ² °±±±±° °²±±°
²±±±± ²ÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛÛ± ±±±±² ±ÛÛ± °²²²² ²ÛÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛÛ
°ÛÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛ± °²²²±ÛÛÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛÛ °ÛÛÛ° ²ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛÛ °°²ÛÛÛÛ±
±ÛÛÛ±²ÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛÛ ²±±²±ÛÛÛÛ °ÛÛÛÛ°±ÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛ±²ÛÛÛÛ
²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ²°ÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ±ÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛ± °ÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ
±ÛÛÛÛÛ° ÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ²°ÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛ
²ÛÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛ°°ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛÛ°°ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ±²²ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ° ÛÛÛ±
²ÛÛÛÛ± °ÛÛÛÛ±ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛÛ² ²²²² ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛ° °ÛÛÛ°
ÛÛÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ±ÛÛÛÛ ÛÛÛÛ ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛ±±±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛ° ²ÛÛ±
²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛÛ ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ ²²²²° ÛÛÛÛ ²ÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛ²
ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ° ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ² °ÛÛÛ±²ÛÛ±
±ÛÛ±°ÛÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ °ÛÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛ°°ÛÛÛ² ÛÛÛ²²ÛÛÛ± °ÛÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛ±²²°
°ÛÛÛ ±ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛ± °ÛÛÛ±±ÛÛ± ²ÛÛ± °ÛÛÛÛ °ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛÛ ÛÛÛÛ°
±ÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛ± ÛÛÛ²±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ° ÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛ² ²ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛ± °ÛÛÛÛ²

Part of the HQ Network:
http://www.aideluxe.com http://www.xbox-hq.com http://www.360-hq.com http://www.psp-hq.com http://www.pc-hq.com

+=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------=+
Proudly Presents to you:
Auto-Installer Deluxe v4.30
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Created by: DJB .................... Completed on: 2008-07-03 |
| Homepage: http://www.aideluxe.com ......... Support: http://www.xbox-hq.com |

Release Notes:
--------------
Four months after the last set of ISO releases, it's time for another update.

The reason why it is a ISO release this time (and not an update pack) is because
it would have been pointless considering that the update pack would have been
about half the size of this.

Xbox Media Center (XBMC) is updated to 2008-06-30, and the XBMC Skins and Scripts
are up to date as of 2008-07-02.

Enjoy this Release...

Changes since v4.20 (Last ISO Build)
-------------------
* Updated: XBMC Skins and Scripts
* Software Added: AtariXLBox 7
MednafenX-NES 9 (Fixed version)
Xbox Media Center 2008-06-30
XBpartitoner 1.1
XDSL 0.6 RC2
ZsnexBox 3.4

Installation Notes:
-------------------
Use the AID ISO Updater to integrate any desired addon packs into the AID 4.20 ISO
and then burn with your favourite CD/DVD Burning Sofware.

+- Xbox-Hq NFO File 0.4 by DJB +
+ http://www.xbox-hq.com -+

As you know, I have the bebox bridged & plugged into my belkin router. This pc is wired & the other is wireless. both PC's are linked via cat5 although I can only use the vista pc to copy from folders on the xp pc as the xp pc is being denied access to the vista pc. Badly configured network coz I don't have a clue how to set it up right & I lost the tips you gave me after a powercut having not saved them from MSN. :suicide:

I've never done FTP, the xbox isnt networked at all, I was just simply stating for the record that to avoid getting banned on xbox live you have to use the msdash as a modded xbox will get you banned.

I spent a lot of time trying to get the thing softmodded yesterday & when I finally got it done it was very late so didnt spend a lot of time playing with it.

I bought a 360 off ebay tonight with 22 games, for £220 as a xmas present for my boy... this is probably gonna mean that I wont be watching films for a while, but I'll take a proper look at the xbmc next time I want to watch a film :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

The Ancient One
Now that I've had some time to play with it I'm pretty impressed. Theres so many features that arent on the standalone although I have a question:

I put in a bought DVD the other night & the subtitles came up on screen whilst it played. I looked everywhere for an option to disable them but to no avail. :suicide:

Is this a flaw or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
go to the audio / language xbmc menu, i have it mapped to the left of the center green button. You can change language there.