Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:17 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mod of the Living Dead
Tell you what, XBMC looks fucking horrible on a 1080p TV @ SD resolution :vomit:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:30 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
do i need to download Softmod Addons PC_Arcade.rar [44.62 Mb or just the new xbmc pack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
Just the new one i put up via http, unless your interested in some apps or anything beyond the media player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
sorry for all the questions im clueless about everything really how do i get the save on the memory card do i need to sign up for codejunkies and when i try it says cannot connect to server? and what kind of apps?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
no, download this:
http://uk.codejunkies.com/downloads/XBO ... up1_31.zip

Info is here:
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7034
and here:
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?p=79752

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
thanks i draged it to the middle but it doesent show up on the card?it shows in the middle of action but not the card

Last edited by killmoney on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:00 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
you copy the file onto your hard disk,
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7034

The section called "Transferring the save", you need to make sure you go to memory>then memory card, then you need to select the big icon "on the left is highlighted, then press right and A and select "Copy" with the destination as Hard Disk. " . The big icon will be which ever saved game you are using, i use mechassault, so i select mechassault, and iirc i highlight it by navigating down to it, then i press the right on the dpad, and select copy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:16 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
i found out what was wrong i dident have the disc that it came with i got the action replay on the comp but it wasent regonizing it i got it now thanks for your help :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:30 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
hey im using ftp for the first time and i did every thing right from pc arcades directions but when i connect it says on my nortons thing to block the internet it so i did cuz i dont have the internet cuz its connected by my crossover cable to the xbox do i need to connect to the internet or im i doing something wrong? im on ltools and it says 192.168.1.32 but it dont connect.set up a new FTP site called Xbox (or simillar) with the following settings
IP = 192.168.0.3
port = 21
Username = xbox
Password = xbox
i put that in the quick connect and it keeps saying [R]connection failed[connection refused]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
You've just banned all network connectivity on norton. :lol:

Turn off norton, its a crap firewall and by "internet" it means "network"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
i turned it off still said the same thing im going to try a another ftp software and if that dont wont im goin to try to use a friends computer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:30 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
Quote:

Wait? it says that on your xbox? if it says its ip is that, then its ip is that... you need to setup an ftp site on that ip, whatever ip the xbox says it is, you can only connect into that.

where did this 192.168.0.3 come from? I can't believe for a second that's the ip you've got for your xbox, the 32 address is actually what I'd expect. That isn't usually a valid default ip range for 90% of hardware, 192.168.1.* is default (windows default too).

Anyway, when i first booted, my xboxes ips are always 192.168.1.32 ... i have no idea where your 192.168.0.3 came from as if your using crossover you aren't using DHCP and must use static ips, and by default m$ uses 192.168.1.* ips.

So for example, you will have say 192.168.1.1 on your pc, and 192.168.1.32 on your xbox.

The ftp step is really, really simple. Is there something in the guides that is making it overly complex?

Throw away any ftp advice you've been given to this point as I think its wrong.
1. Load up flashfxp.
2. Add a site with details 192.168.1.32 u/p xbox. That has always done it straight out the box for me.

If that doesn't work, please report back with a) exact the information on the ltools dash... that's all the ips, subnets, etc b) hit start>run on your pc, then type cmd, then type ipconfig /all and copy and paste that here

If that does work, please can you post what confused you so i can delete it... the ftp step is actually very simple and what ever's thrown you off is doing more damage than good and probably causing the same problems for others.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
thank you that worked i got mixed up.now my dash is xbmc i confused here how do i ftp now?where do i go?and can i go to the ms dash from there if so how?and does anyone have the xbox back up disc i can download cuz i think i fucked up using an auto installer that dident work?cuz my back up is 718 mb and with the back up can i delete thoes folder from xbox and replace it with the back up?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
a lot of questions there,
1) FTP server is running all the time when you are in the xbmc dash. If for whatever reason it is disabled, you can re-enable it under settings and i believe network. Details should be the same as under ltools
2) yes, in the bottom right (move to the bottom with the dpad or on your remote) and highlight the far right option. There should be load dash or ms dash or something. Alternatively, go to your "files" view, go to c:\, then load msdash.xbe. There's no reason to go back to the msdos dash.
3) I think the important bits of the backup are your unique hdd unlock keys, etc. If you have a full backup now, create another one as its likely stable in xbmc and there's not much to screwup.
4) To restore a backup you can a) put your hdd in your pc and format and restore b) copy the files back and reboot

Personally, I'd get a backup of your current working xbox and create this as your 'safe point' (don't delete your older backup though, keep that too).

I think you've had a bit of bad luck, its quite simple once you've got it straight. I would, after creating your backup, go and dig around the settings section in xbmc and get it configured how you like. As you can see there's a lot of internet stuff, and networking you can do to make a killer setup.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
PC_Arcade wrote:
Tell you what, XBMC looks fucking horrible on a 1080p TV @ SD resolution :vomit:

Yep, sure does. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
under network configuration
assignment manual static
ip address 192.168.1.125
network 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.1.1
dns sever 192.168.1.1

and i tryed that ip and it dident work is that weird it changed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:22 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
ah... that may very well be my fault... that's my manually assigned ip for my xbox :lol: I have a full network infrastructure, and a router... my router is 192.168.1.1, which is why its entered in gateway and dns.

Okay, what is your pc ip? Put your pc's ip as the default gateway and the default dns server, reboot and see if that works :)

I can connect in on my xbox using:
192.168.1.125, xbox/xbox

There's also some other options, you can get your ip assigned by dhcp too ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
what can i do online with the xbox that is cool?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Site Admin
Well there's many scripts:
http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Using_Scripts

However, i use mine just for media playback which is all content i play from network shares... best thing you can get is a decent permanent network with a hub / switch and router and use that to play your xvids off of :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:38 am  Post subject: Re: Xbox Softmod discussion

Mummified In Barbed Wire
where do i put isos i put them under games but i dont where to start them i found out how to play avis on the xbox but games?i put them under videos and it sees it but wont launch it?