Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:10 pm  Post subject: Nintendo tell Microsoft to suck balls

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Found this linked on Maxconsole :lol:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20547

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:16 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
hahaha nice one!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:56 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:02 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
That was good, be even funnier if it was true :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:59 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
yeah, there was a thread about it over at fh.org a while back.

For some real quotes

spudthedestroyer wrote:
I mean look at the little fella? He's as senile as they come.

Anyone who knows Nintendo knows the former President, Hiroshi Yamauchi... he's the guy that scares the crap out of everyone and is senile as the Mad Hatter.

Here's some real quotes:
"I have been saying this for some time, but customers are not interested in grand games with higher-quality graphics and sound and epic stories,"-Hiroshi Yamauchi
"The essence of game design is to develop new types of fun, to constantly strive to raise the bar of perfection. Despite this, software companies keep on making IIs, IIIs, even VIIs, VIIIs and IXs. "-Hiroshi Yamauchi :lol:

He has in the past really run his mouth off at the competition, the fact that nintendo weren't market leaders anymore don't bother him :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:34 pm  Post subject:

What do you mean if it were true? Why would it not be true? You mean that he said it to Ballmer or said that he had said it? You can see it in the Wired interview linked from Register. Quite a funny interview my favourite bit is this:
Quote:
The PSP is probably the worst concept for a handheld device I've ever seen. And I should know, I released the Virtual Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:11 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
The Article is a fake (albeit a good one)

Nintendo's response :
http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4086

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:23 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
the article is extremely, obviously, and confirmed as fake ;) Funny though :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:15 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
aw shit!
/me removes fancy quote from signature

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:36 pm  Post subject:

Damn well that's a good fake anyway. But I did think it was a bit weird when he was saying Kirby looked gay :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:56 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Kirby isn't nintendo btw. I think its HALs, so if they split, it goes with them (like conker and Banjo with Rare)

Anyway, instead of making a new thread, here's some things from the Revolution rumour mill:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/583/583668p1.html
Quote:
The mystery surrounding Nintendo's upcoming successor to GameCube, the Nintendo Revolution, has drawn a fair amount of interest from gamers and the public at large. In a recent interview with John Romero, conducted by GameDaily.com, the game maker praised Nintendo's stance on revolutionizing the future of video games. Below, a partial transcript of the interview.

GD: Lastly, what are some of the changes that gamers will see over the next couple of years with the launches of new consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo?

JR: Expect a ton of graphics of high quality. I don't see any revolutions in game design on the XBOX2 and PS3, but we'll see something interesting on the Nintendo Revolution and the Nintendo DS is already doing some cool stuff with the dual screens. I truly respect Nintendo's forward thinking.

Stay tuned for more info on the Nintendo Revolution.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/583/583217p1.html
Quote:
Speculation on the upcoming successor for the GameCube, the Nintendo Revolution, has increased dramatically as of late. Rumblings came from the biggest online websites to the smallest of personal blogs, and everywhere in between. Nintendo has refused to comment on any of it. The secrecy shouldn't surprise anyone. Nintendo has always been notorious for remaining tight-lipped on every aspect pertaining to research and development of upcoming products. That's not saying everything stays hidden. Just ask the folks over at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. They grant public access to everything filed at its office, including patents concerning the Nintendo DS, GameCube and, yes, the Nintendo Revolution.

One such patent, originally filed by Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) on July 21, 2004, received an update earlier today. Upon inspection, the patent describes a "game system" and "game program" capable of providing a substantially improved view of the action by employing new technologies. These technologies, which by admission are somewhat difficult to decipher given the nature of the document, sound like something altogether different from what we've seen in any game system thus far. Take, for example, one of the main objectives of these technologies: to prevent a fixation point from frequently moving.

A fixation point is whatever a gamer stares at most of the time when playing a game. Thing is, most games feature several of these fixation points, so developers have needed to devise methods of including every object on screen at all times. When this wasn't possible, the display needed to shift and prioritize objects according to the action. Developers accomplished this by zooming the image up or down, to help gamers re-focus their attention. Just look at any number of sports games. The camera invariably follows the soccer ball, baseball or football. The document argues that the constant change in perspective makes playing games tougher than it should.

The patent describes a technology that would prevent a fixation point from moving and prevent the display area from changing in size. Regardless of where a player sits, he (or she) would command a deep view of the happenings on screen. This would also carry over into multiplayer gaming, where multiple players would normally require multiple fixation points. The new set of technologies would eliminate the strain associated with split-screen gaming. In summary, this would all make for excellent game sessions thanks to unparalleled view of the display. Changing the way a gamer watches the action unfold on-screen would be pretty revolutionary, but again, it's to early to tell what precisly the patent is refering to.

Kinda looks like three mini-Links

We honestly don't know whether this information pertains to the Revolution, GameCube or even the next iteration of GameBoy. Regardless, it sounds mighty interesting. It serves to note that certain things in the document lead us to believe the described technologies aren't talking about a portable game device. Still, we can't be sure. The patent may in fact describe a piece of what Nintendo hopes will make the Revolution revolutionary. It certainly sounds that way, in any case. The new display technologies may also work in tandem with a peripheral that tracks players' movements. Of course, it could also be describing an already-released multiplayer game, such as The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, which used a robust engine to help players keep track of the action.

Hell, there's really no way to know. At this point, Nintendo has left us little choice but to consider everything. And we have. We've spent countless hours speculating everything from a new PowerGlove to Full Body VR suits. Fully interactive holograms? Sign us up! Gyroscopic controllers? We're there. To be honest, pondering the capabilities of an upcoming game system is half of the fun of being a gamer. Only in the case of Nintendo, the wait is usually far tougher. But we'll keep waiting. And we'll take whatever morsel comes our way. Just as long as it's not another pseudo-sentient robot buddy...

lol, there's so much speculation every console, half the fun.

Nice to see there amazing a few quotes about innovation now, there's been quite a few....

unless they were asked "how well do you think nintendo will do? Do you like nintendo's console?"

"erm... its err... innovative" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:10 pm  Post subject:

have you seen the sketch that came out with the codename Nintendo 21? And the warty pad? Apparently you rub the controller. Image
Personally I can't wait to rub myself silly all day. Probably fake though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:20 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol! did you see the pictures of the gamecube before it came out, they were wacky and wrong :lol: I don't beleive it for a second, but its a crappy drawing anyway :lol:

errr... there was another patent listed, but it just looked like the gamecube (they have to review patents every year or something?)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:57 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
This thread is funny as fuck boys, keep it up eh?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:53 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
This thread is funny as fuck boys, keep it up eh?

"Suck my tiny yellow balls!"

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:22 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
LOL I guess I asked for that. Nevermind spud, if they haven't grown yet I am sure you can get some kind of hormone therapy :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:03 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
Yamauchi Leaves Nintendo
Nintendo's ex-president steps down after three years.
by Juan Castro

April 28, 2005 - Nintendo's former president Hiroshi Yamauchi will leave the board of directors after a shareholder meeting on June 29, three years after he stepped down as company president. Yamauchi joined Nintendo in 1949, back when the company produced playing cards. During his 52 years as president, he transformed Nintendo from a humble playing cards manufacture into one of the leading electronic entertainment companies in the world.

Yamauchi will leave the board of directors due to his age, according to Nintendo representatives, and due to the fact Nintendo business operations have stabilized since his departure as president. Yamauchi yields authority in Nintendo operations, but will still act as an advisor. He'll also hold on to his stake in the company, which totals 10 percent of Nintendo's stock. Deciding his pension would be best used by Nintendo, Yamauchi declined to accept his retirement funds, reported to be around $9 million to $14 million.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/608/608277p1.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:27 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Quote:
Yamauchi Leaves Nintendo
Nintendo's ex-president steps down after three years.
by Juan Castro

April 28, 2005 - Nintendo's former president Hiroshi Yamauchi will leave the board of directors after a shareholder meeting on June 29, three years after he stepped down as company president.
blabla...

Blabla etc....

http://cube.ign.com/articles/608/608277p1.html

Why post this here ?

Was this Yamu guy the sole thing that stood in the way of a takeover by M$ ?

If so then yes , it's game over console market - Sony can't fight both M$ money AND nintendo's franchise and it's (CULT like :matrix: ) loyalists army....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:40 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
erm because this thread is about the same guy? ;) The former head of nintendo, and the former head of nintendo has just retired. That article with all the joke comments was about the same guy, so it seemed better than creating a new thread.

And yes, he is also the largest share holder in nintendo, and if he sells all his shares, there is likely to be a new majority stakeholder in nintendo albeit only 10%.

There's a quote by Bill Gates, that goes something like 'if he were to phone me up, I'd sure answer'. M$ don't seem to be interested or have approached nintendo for any take over, but yes, if they acquired all his shares they would be the biggest stakeholders.