Why not register?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:55 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
He Sure did.

But he couldn't get Godfather because Game said that there was an error in certification on either the disc or the sleeve so they couldn't sell it and had to return all the PS3 copies :googley:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
awww it was so fun too! Too many <s>sheep</s> chavs in this world:
http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23781

PlayStation 3 becomes UK's fastest-selling home console

Quote:
Chart-Track estimates 165,000 units sold in two days

Chart-Track has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that UK consumers snapped up 165,000 PlayStation 3 units in the two days following the console's launch.

That makes PS3 the fastest-selling home console in history, beating the Wii - which shifted 105,000 units during its launch weekend - and Xbox 360, with 70,000 sold.

Both Nintendo and Microsoft struggled to meet demand with their consoles, leading to stock shortages - but Sony previously stated that the UK would get around 220,000 of the 1 million PS3 units allocated to Europe for launch.

Overall, the PlayStation 3 is the second fastest-selling piece of games hardware in history. That record still belongs to PlayStation Portable, with 185,000 units sold during the handheld's launch weekend.

PlayStation 3 launched in Europe on Friday, priced at GBP 425 / EUR 599 for the 60GB model.

What a waste of money :(

I'm pretty sceptical there though, especially with scenes like these:
http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:40 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
So let me get this right......

On launch the PS3 BOMBS! as is evident, but then becomes the fastest selling console ever. So we missed the crowds on days 2,3+4 then. Nobody could be arsed to purchase on launch day but the 100s thousands bagged them all the day after :o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:01 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
or maybe they all have the same butler and he ordered delivered? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:18 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I'll estimate that the PS3 is the most powerful, bestest, fastest selling and all round only true next gen machine IF Sony pay me enough too :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:37 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
PC_Arcade wrote:
I'll estimate that the PS3 is the most powerful, bestest, fastest selling and all round only true next gen machine IF Sony pay me enough too :lol:
Would you though........really?
Or better still would spud :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:05 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
At this point i'm far more likely to be buying a Xbox360 since its a more appropriate price. Not until it gets a game i give a shit about though, and no, i doubt that will be Halo :lol: Not unless its nothing like those two boring halo games already out.

Methinks when Fable 2 comes out (which is looking very cool), and they fix the console's lack of digital outputs.

So what, 2009? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:10 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
That video from jeuxfrance was brilliant. All those photographers following about 5 people into the shop :D

That head of Sony in France looked a very worried man :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:00 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
I doubt it, well three things could have happened:
1) Sony is lying again, using shipped to shops as shipped to consumer. Microsoft does this as well with its sales figures.
2) Sony shipped kabillions of the fuckers, they sold a shit load but there's still loads left
3) Initial few days, everyone who wanted one bought one, but now that all the hardcore are out of the way, nobody is buying them.

I'm inclined to believe its a mixture of all three, with a heavy emphasis on 1 and 3. 1 because its Sony, and 3 because its not the kind of purchase you make if your not sure.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23862

Quote:
Retailers praise "biggest-ever" PS3 launch

But warn that offloading stock quickly could harm long-term sales

Now the dust has settled on the PlayStation 3 launch, UK retailers are beginning to report on what they've seen as the "biggest-ever" launch for a home console.

Retailers are expecting to continue selling the luxury console over the busy Easter sales period, but some have warned that reducing prices to lower stock levels could harm long-term sales.

"Given the relatively plentiful supply, it's fair to say this was our biggest-ever console launch in unit and value terms," HMV's head of games Tim Ellis told GamesIndustry.biz.

"We still have some consoles in stock around the chain, as we were able to order plenty, but we expect these to sell these through over the coming days and weeks, especially as new games titles are released," he said.

"It's been a remarkable week for us here at GAME following the successful launch of the PlayStation 3," revealed Anna Macario, marketing director at GAME.

"We have seen huge demand and seen fantastic sales throughout our 400 stores around the country."

With all pre-orders taken care of, retailers are in the unusual but desirable position of having enough stock in store to sell to customers walking in off the street.

"We've managed to fulfill every one of our pre-orders and continue to see strong interest in the console into this week as well," said Macario.

While sales are good, managing director of Chips Don McCabe called for the retail community not to panic if stores still have plenty of stock left from their launch allocation.

"In many respects it was an exceptional launch, Sony put an awful lot of product in the channel when we're used to previous launches where we have to manage customers expectations," he commented.

"Day one sales were very good, but since then it's not been so good. There seems to be a lot of discounts going around on the machine and on games."

"The market needs to stabilise because there's some retailers that have got a few too many units. They're trying to bring down their stock levels too quickly," he said.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/03/29/ps3 ... e-edition/

Quote:
PS3 continues to shatter records: France edition

Yes, you read the subject line correctly: France. The place where everyone claims the PlayStation 3 launch was a complete and utter disaster. While the launch events may have been a disaster, it's important to be able to separate those from the actual console performance upon launch. In that respect, France gave the PS3 a very, very nice welcome.

Despite the reports of the PS3 selling 600,000 units across Europe in two days, one cannot help but speculate what each region sold in a similar period. According to George Fornay, prez of SCEF (F for France, silly), said that the number of units sold in France over a two day period totalled to 78,000. He expects the 100,000 mark to be passed by the end of this coming weekend. This number trumps the 360 and Wii launches for France, even the PS2 only sold a bit over 60,000 units. Awesome! Keep it going, Sony!

Sony are saying:
Quote:
165,000 units sold, equating to £100 million worth of business over the course of 2 days. He said: "This not only makes it the most successful games hardware launch, we think it is the most successful consumer launch of a product in the UK."

However, in their brains a sale is a sale to a store (even the ones that can return unsold consoles, like Game).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:36 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Yoo sore looser-san.

My blue ray is winning the format war ImageImageImage
Oh yes it is ImageImage

If all of europe, merely bonus market, then little brittain irrelevant. Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:45 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
:lol: Kuturagi-san, did you consider my offer? :

PC_Arcade wrote:

:wacky:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:17 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol, nice... now we can ban geezus for having six account! :lol:

hehe :wacky:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:24 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
That's not Kutaragi, the real one would know how to spell 'Blu-ray'! :o

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 am  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

Site Admin
BUMP!
This is a funny thread to thumb through, so much bullshit from everyone. :lol:

Anyway, instead of opening a new thread (which maybe I should have done?)... 3 years later, bluray won out (but still sucks and is being pwned by DVD :lol: ), sales are still lower than xbox2 and (epic! :lol: ) wii, the price is still way too high, and *still* no good games... well the last may change:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/news ... mes&id=531

Stunning. Collosus was such a dream to behold, it was so unique at the time, and frankly it still is. This looks really nice, and the trailer is really something to behold.

There's some been some big bad bosses since Collosus came out of course, but it just won in terms of scale. Would love to see Zelda take back the boss fight, but it did pretty much establish everything in this little subgenre.

Just a shame that there's no chance of emulation worth a damn :( I'm trying hard to get Collosus working but its just not performing very well. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

The Ancient One
at the time this thread was started i agree with much that was said but now soon 2011, i feel its the rigth time for ps3... the inbuild accessories is good to have, the bluray is starting to take of, alot of good games is out, its a nice media box(even if there is more advanced ones out there). the online play is still free, there is a usb modchip and the prices of the new slim ps3 is very acceptable for what you get now days. over all the ps3 have become a fine quality product in the end and it have at least 10 more good years on its back to grow software wise... interesting times is ahead for the ps3..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

Site Admin
Disagree I really can't think of a single interesting thing in the console space coming out any time soon, you've got the inferior gaming experience to pc across the board, weak graphics and hardware. Bought a xbox 360 last christmas. Big mistake. Going to give it away to my brother. Nintendo has to pumping out their new console next year, wonder if they'll make an announcement.

Just crappy japanese games, arcade port and a rubbish media center. PS3 is all about streaming, transcoding and faffing with files to get them to play; that's not a media center for me. Give me a proper media center and Steam for gaming any day of the week.

Anything but interesting for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

Site Admin
oh tell a lie, there's a single game made by the makers of shadow of the collosus that's being continually delayed I'd like to play that will be bundled with a remake.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

The Ancient One
The Last Guardian, looks awsome and i am waiting for that one.... Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will be redone in HD, so gonna grab those two also when released. Two of the best games for the ps...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/16/ico-s ... nly-hd-bu/

The Last Guardian....

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD...

8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

Site Admin
Yup, but a couple of hundred quid for a single game and nothing else is a bit much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Official PS3 thread

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Yup, but a couple of hundred quid for a single game and nothing else is a bit much.

the prices of these consol games are expensiv but there is always a bargain to be had on the internet...