Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:46 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I just heard some good news regarding (imo) the best xbox game i've played, Fable:

Quote:
Okay, so not a strictly 'new' Fable on Xbox, but rumours are swelling that a 'director's cut' is being mooted for Microsoft's console. Fable: The Lost Chapters has already been secured for release on PC, promising to be the ultimate version of the RPG - with all-new missions, characters, clothing and abilities. Well, it is believed that The Lost Chapters will wing its way onto Xbox too, possibly as part of the 'Classics' range? watch this space!

Seems its lost its exclusivity...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:11 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Yeah, already saw that some time ago. Too bad they didn't release that version on xbox too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:20 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Note to everyone: Morrowind sucks ass. Downloaded and I hate it, really terrible game imo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:22 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Knights of the Old Republic is quite enjoyable, the environments are quite restrictive, but they pulled off the illusion of size and its quite an enjoyable game on the xbox. A tad buggy, but fun to play.

Weird, i hated the pc version.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:23 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Note to everyone: Morrowind sucks ass. Downloaded and I hate it, really terrible game imo.

I told you it was inaccessible. Just put some effort in it you wimp. ;)
Good for you the game is only ~700mb.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:32 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Any other recommendations Spud & D.

Currently downloading Otogi 1&2, Big Mutha Truckers (sounds like a laugh), WWE Raw 2 (Can't stand WWE on TV but like the games), Advent Rising, Brothers In Arms (don't say it Spud I know what you're going to post).

On the last mission on MOH European Assault and it's bloody hard, locked in a type of courtyard with some mad bastard in a machine gun nest and what seems like the whole german army appearing all over the place trying to blow my brains out.

Pirates is getting a little boring now. Does anyone know how to make your sword strength go up mine seems to be low, 5 or 6 parries and my guy gives up. I usually try to avoid sword fights but if you're rammed you've no choice. Ive found my sister and I'm looking for some burried treasure and one of the top 10 pirates.

Blood Of The Werewolf
Rock 'n' Roll Frankenstein - Screenshots - Release Thread
The Dirty Mind Of Young Sally - Screenshots - Release Thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:46 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
I played Big Motha Truckers for the PC a few days ago.

Biggest waste of time I've spent downloading anything. It's a piece of garbage. I spent some 10 minutes with it before uninstalling it and deleting the ISO.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:03 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
subc wrote:
I played Big Motha Truckers for the PC a few days ago.

Biggest waste of time I've spent downloading anything. It's a piece of garbage. I spent some 10 minutes with it before uninstalling it and deleting the ISO.

It ain't much better on the Xbox :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:43 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Firstly, morrowind just plain sucks :lol: The controls are awful, the game is uninteresting and for me there's absolutely no desire to play a second more of it. I imagine its substantially better on the pc, but if it reflects the quality... then i'm never going to play on any version again.

Secondly:
Quote:
Otogi 1&2

I downloaded number 2 but aint going to play it until after Knights of the Old Republic, and because that's very enjoyable, I'm going to play the sequel straight after :)

Didn't spot number one, where are you downloading from?

Quote:
Big Mutha Truckers (sounds like a laugh)

big motha truckers was/is terrible

Quote:
WWE Raw 2 (Can't stand WWE on TV but like the games)

Ah wrestling games... my 2cents:
Wrestling games have been crappy ever since they dropped AKI from making them imo, they lost all the talent and the games aren't very fun anymore.

Lets be frank, Yukes are very good at making wrestling games, the smackdowns were feeble next to WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF No Way Out, etc. on the N64. AKI really hit the nail right on the head with the grabbling system, and it was apparant superiority in their games. Yukes or whatever they called make very poor, very button bashing games, with no environment interaction, etc. which led to very disposable and less fun games (fair enough, they had big storylines, cages first, etc. but if the core of the game is rotten it makes little difference, and the core of the game, that being the actual matches weren't very well thought out of programmed)

THQ is to blame, they were f*ckin idiots to let AKI go, that was a collosal mistake, and the quality of the games is what suffered.

ps. for those that don't know THQ owns the wrestling license, AKI are the development house that made all the best wrestling games back on the n64 when they used to be good

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:25 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Here's the link for Otogi 1.

ed2k: Otogi.Myth.Of.Demons.Pal.Xbox-Riot.iso  [1.80 Gb] [Stats]

Over halfway through Big Motha Truckers so I'll finish the download, as long as it passes a bit of time I don't mind if it's too shit.

Jade Empire is supposed to be a great RPG, I think it's a DVD9 but there are a few DVD5 versions on the mule with all movies intact. Maybe they re-encoded the movies to lower quality, same thing as sticking a blank video in a CDRip.

ed2k: [Xbox].Jade.Empire.-.Usa.Multi.-.All.movies.-.Proper.DVD5.-.Arschfotze.-.Clic.rar  [3.05 Gb] [Stats]

ed2k: [XBOX].JADE.EMPIRE.-.MULTI.3(ENG-ITA-ESP).rar  [3.01 Gb] [Stats]

There's also an RPG called Sudeki that has had some good reviews.

ed2k: sudeki_PAL_Multi_SP_XBOX_FULL_DVD.iso  [3.55 Gb] [Stats]

I've only played the Final Fantasy RPG's (loved No.7 & 10 was OK), played Baldurs Gate 2 on the PC but I got bored very fast.

[ Add all 4 links to your ed2k client ]

Blood Of The Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:32 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
@Flibble: I'd like to try Otogi too, maybe i'll download it someday. Just finished downloading Baldurs gate dark alliance, because the BG's on PC are great, just played a couple of minutes and it's not too bad if you like Diablo but this shouldn't be played on a console imo...
I'm also downloading Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, heard a lot of good stuff about this shooter. Also just saw Project Snowblind posted on Piratebay, looks nice too.
From what i read about Otogi, you'll probably like Ninja Gaiden if you haven't already got it. For the rest i don't really have any other recommendations.

Oh yeah, just this one: do yourself a favour and cancel Big Motha Truckers. :wacky: Get Burnout 3 if you want brainless racing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:43 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Both Otogi games got good scores on IGN, and seen a video of it running but it was a low q WMV but it looked nice.

Will have a look at Riddick, I remember there being a bit of fuss about it when it was realesed I didn't have an Xbox then though.

Got Snowblind on the PS2, but never really played it. I've looked at Ninja Gaiden a few times so I'll probably give that a click when I've finished a few in my queue.

Is Big Motha Truckers really not worth 10mins of playing time? Oh and I've got Burnout 3 on PS2.

Blood Of The Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:51 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Mr.Flibble wrote:
Jade Empire is supposed to be a great RPG, I think it's a DVD9 but there are a few DVD5 versions on the mule with all movies intact. Maybe they re-encoded the movies to lower quality, same thing as sticking a blank video in a CDRip.

I've got the Arschfotze release of JE through torrent a while ago. Works fine, downsampled movies and i think the sound had some skipping at some points but i'm not sure anymore. I still need to play it through tho.
Mr.Flibble wrote:
Is Big Motha Truckers really not worth 10mins of playing time?

I've never played BMT but seen it running at a friends place once. Altough it was on PC, it's probably the same. To put it short: it's a racing game in which you cannot race, something to be expected when driving heavy trucks... It's not really the time it's not worth, it's the bandwidth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:58 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
XBox Covers (HiRes 300dpi)

http://www.covergalaxy.com/games.asp?system=XBox

Greetings

Germaniac
:D :twisted: :D

i don't think god liked it when i stabbed that priest... but hell, the damn bastard was threatened to baptise me!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:02 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
i completed knights of the old republic 2, better storyline but the game engine wasn't updated that much (although there's more features). Has a problem with framerate.

Still enjoyed it though.

aside: just picked up the wavebird pad, man is that thing better than the xbox pad. Everything about it is better, shape, analogues, d-pad, triggers. Perhaps the left analogue is a bit too tall, but that's my only real criticism (maybe the lack of buttons too)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:41 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Now that i see this thread, i can really recommend Chronicles of Riddick. It's a bit short, but what's there is good. I expected most of the game to be a shooter but it's really more stealth gameplay.
I'm now playing Manhunt, it's quite entertaining but nothing really special.
Waiting to finish downloading Thief: Deadly shadows. I liked the first part on PC back then, never played the second tho.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:47 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
i played theif on the xbox and pc, pc versions better... no surprise there. if you got a good enough setup go for that one

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:26 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
OMG! if you ever needed proof of how crappy games consoles look, take a look at these HL2 screens:
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5482
Jesus christ is that thing ugly! :o

Low res textures, crappy looking models, etc.