Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 156  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:02 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Of course you mean you agree with elchup, bw.

I have watched

Elvira - a horror comedy, but the horrorpart is very small. The comedy part is nice, I laughed a few times, and it didn't become a boring or dull movie. The storyline is very simple, but not ina distrubing way, it has its charms and you'll notice it. The lack of horror was a bit of a disappointment for me, but still I like this one. Elvira is a cool chick.

Look what I noticed just before posting:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:48 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
yes of course, my apologies guys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:43 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
He he, no problem. I guess you were a bit mislead by the fact that almost only Slayer is posting his lately watched movies. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:26 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
that, or very stoned :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
midnight meat train - didn't like

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Site Admin
Zombieland - Best way to describe it is an American Shaun of the Dead. Its not funny, so its definitely an american comedy. The lead is an annoying drone throughout and I'm sick of that crap voice-over shtick on every other movie. There's CGI in places when there should be practical effects, its over the top and more 'crude'... so yes, its an American Shaun of the Dead.

All that said I kind of like it, it was a decent enough movie but losses all its points for not being in the slightest bit funny and having that fuckin American 'everything is great' ending like its the end of an episode of that shit hospital comedy (edit: Scrubs). Loved the intro though, Metallica with slow motion zombies :)

I think I would have preferred a more serious film, largely because its not funny... but that would be completely different a film. I guess that's because my favourite shot is when it zooms out and shows the rest of the world.

I think that can be translated as 'meh'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:44 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The Illusionist (2006): This movie is compared to "The Prestige" which also came out 2006. People who rate this better than "The Prestige" have no clue about movies in my opinion. Prestige is a much more complex movie. The Illusionist is a simple love story with magic tricks that are not at all explained. In fact they are real magic compared to the ones in Prestige. The ending is way too fast, in a few minutes you see a flashback of the police officers thoughts and that was it. Not a must see, except you are a fan of Edward Norton or Jessica Biel.

End Of The Line (2007): A great gory horror movie from this century. Almost unbelievable (sarcasm). People are trapped in a subway tunnel and attacked by followers of a sect. Is it happening all over the world or just in this subway station? Nice unknown actors and actresses show great talent in this really bloody slasher. Unluckily the ending is fucked up by the director who wanted us to think about it. Recommended though.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988): Aliens that look like big clowns come to Earth in order to feed on humans. Their space ship looks like a huge circus tent and they are using laser guns to capture people in purple cotton candy. Yes, that's right. Very nice horror comedy with great looking clowns and a lot of nice jokes. Really recommended.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Some rips I downloaded and watched recently:

Big Monster On Campus - funny take on Frankenstein. It is not scary at all, not even for non-horror fans, but is a funny movie, there are several good jokes in it. The story is very cliche but it is acted out quite well, which is nice for a change. Recommended.

Yilmayan Seytan (aka The Deathless Devil) - a nice example of Turkish pop cinema from the 70s, like max_cady has been posting them lately. An evil doctor wants to steal inventions from other doctors to make an army of robots and take over the world. You get to see one of the robots, and it doesn't look promising for Dr Evil ;) There is a lot of fighting in this one, and a very simple plot. Effects are laughable and the drama is like in your everyday soap opera. I loved it. Recommended for bad moviefans.

Tarkan Viking Kani (aka Tarkan and the Blood of the Vikings) - wow, one of the best bad movies from the past months, this one! Really, it is a treat for an SBiG fan. Effects are funny, a German Sheperd is actually a wolf, Vikings fight with Tarkan and then lose their wigs repeatedly, there is just too much to write it all down. These Turkish movies from the 70s are so much fun, I'd really like to see more of them! A must see for bad moviefans.

Sick Girl - well, yeah, there is sick stuff indeed. The girl is really mental and she does gruesome stuff and on the other hand is very sweet and nice to some people. These films were shocking when they started to appear in the 70s, and they still have shock value today. These new ones aren't cult yet, but they might be one day. Not that this film is particularly good, but it is something different from teenage vampire lovestories and other bullcrap pretending to be horror these days. Not really recommended, but if you like sick stuff, watch it.

Diagnosis Death - very predictable ghost/haunted hospital flick. You don't even have to guess, as soon as the culprit appears on screen, you know who it is. Some dubious stuff, but nothing special in the end. It is just another horror movie, which you don't really ned to see.

The Devil's Sword - very nice nonsensical Indonesian horror/kung fu (or whichever sport) film. There is this sowrd you know, and of course everyone wants it, because it gives you power to rule the earth. All bad guys fight each other over it and then the good guy comes, yadda yadda, you know and there is this evil princess too with a pond full of crocodiles. Oh, and there are crocodile men too, hilarious. Recommended if you like bad movies.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:01 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Zombieland - going in not expecting much, I got a movie which isn't very special, but it had its moments. Emma Stone is nice eyecandy and although the main character is somewhat stupid (and not in the way intended, I mean), the cast is pretty OK. It was an enjoyable watch, but this movie will never be a classic if you ask me. Recommended still, as I had a good time watching it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
rob zombies halloween 2 which was awful, as was sorority row

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:38 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
OK, back to the DVD collection:

Demoniac - Franco flick with himself in the lead part. Whatever you may think of his movies, his directing is (a lot) better than his acting. He is kind of static, and doesn't have many (different) lines. The story is about an ex-priest who kills women (and sometimes men) whom he suspects of being possessed. The police are searching for this killer, and eventually he kills out in the open, making it easy for them to catch him. I have seen many Franco flicks, this one is not like most of them. It has many sexscenes, including sadomasochism. For Franco fans only, I guess.

Scarecrow Slayer - the scarecrow has been captured by a guy named Caleb, and when fraternity guys have to steal it for their inititation, one of them gets killed and resurrected as the scarecrow. From there we get some gory and some nongory killings. Not as good as part 1, it just gives you the scarecrow and some more killings. If you miss this you won't have a gap in your personal filmography.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Demon Of The Abyss
The Tournament - Some gory kills, lovely if you're high as I am right now! :rock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:48 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Killjoy (1) - I expected this to be so bad, I'd fall asleep of boredom, but although it is a bad movie, it wasn't THAT bad. Effects are average at best, acting is so-so, storyline of course could be better. But it is not worse than, say, Mr Ice Cream Man, or David DeCoteau movies. Best thing is one of the thugs who gets burnt alive and then gets resurrected as some sort of a zombie. It looked pretty cool. The DVD is very very low quality though, the movie starts by itself, there is no menu, the subtitles are really really bad with a lot of spelling mistakes and sometimes wrong translations. Don't buy this, it is not worth any money.

Critters 2 - good sequel. A lot of the cast is the same as in part 1, and although the appearance of the critters is not explained very well, the story is OK. It is almost on par with the first installment. Some funny stuff, like the shapeshifting of one of the bounty hunters. I really like the critters, they are a lot more fun than the gremlins. Recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:48 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Site Admin
Watched jurassic park, 1080p on my projector. I have to say, most of the SFX have really stood up to time, I'm quite impressed.

I mean its got the usual mistakes, here and there, like the background/foreground composition (seen at the boundaries), and where the shadow is wrong so the cgi elements look too bright or blurry, but mostly it fits in... the scene where the T-Rex breaks free still looks fantastic. The mix of puppetry and cgi is spot on too.

As for the film itself, its a good film but I prefer Westworld which is actually the exact same film (same writer too :lol: ).

I'd like to see Speilberg do another horror film, Jaws was great and he seems to be able to walk the genre as well as the best of them (if not better?).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
the house that would not die and cathy's curse - 2 from the 70's which were okish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Site Admin
Watching Fringe, I likes it :)

Nice setting, needs to up the arch and have a bit more gore but I likes it :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Puppet Master III Toulons Revenge - my first Puppet Master film, and I liked it. The puppets were cool, the nazis were over the top, the way I like them best in this type of movie. I was surprised to see David DeCoteau as a director, considering the total crap he has made later in his career. If you are in for a nice old fahsioned Full Moon film, watch this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:48 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
martyrs, french horror thriller, wasn't too keen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
ive just watched that WHITEOUT with kate beckinsale. Well, craaaaap. Two good things = snow & kate. Everything else is total enough shit. The story is so predictable, that... well, very flat, very boring, very SHIT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Skinned Alive - weird redneck family makes leather jackets out of, well, you can guess that. It wasn't a very good movie, I smiled twice, I think. Acting is in it's premature stages, maybe this was good for a schoolproject. I don't think I'm gonna watch this again, as it didn't leave any impression on me. Skip this.

I Know What You Did Last Summer - I had to watch this one, it was one of those more or less famous teen slasher films I hadn't seen yet. I already knew the story because I had seen several parodies of it. I must say that it wasn't so very bad, except for the part where they actually run over the guy. That sucked big time. And the final parts, where only Love Hewitt is alive - how can any decent director kill off the better looking girls first? Speaking of which, Sarah Michelle looked hot in this! Recommended for Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Humanoids from the Deep - I was expecting a lot from this, as the cover looks so promising. I was disappointed: the story is very cliche and reminded me often of Octopus, or similar monster movies with toxic waste and all. Nothing new or special, although the humanoids breeding grounds were pretty cool, kind of like in Alien. Not really special, so no recommendation.