Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
I finally got to see it (Thank you Dead-Donkey.com!) I thought it had it's good and bad points. I think alot more could have been done. Maybe if it didn't take place on earth it would have been better

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Watched it as well. I think more space shots (come on, Alien is in the title, and Aliens are... from space!) would have been better indeed.

Also, maybe more than one predator would have been nice. The humans are just in the way, so why even put them into the movie?

Nevertheless, I thought it was better than AvP 1.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:03 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Well you thought you paid $8-9 for a full feature, turns out they screwed you out of 10 mins !

Quote:
Ring the bell on DVD and Blu-ray!
by IGN DVD

February 14, 2008 - As humans, Aliens, Predators and Predaliens shake off the blood and battle-scars of their last encounter, Fox Home Entertainment today announced the release of Aliens vs. Predator – Requiem to DVD and Blu-ray Disc on April 15, 2007.

Available on both two-disc DVD and in high-definition format on Blu-ray, the AVP-R: Extreme Unrated Special Edition features more than ten minutes of never-before-seen gruesome footage added directly back into the film and comes jam-packed with five behind-the-scenes featurettes, still design galleries, directors commentary, special FX commentary and more. The two-disc DVD will join the hunt for an SRP of $34.98 and the BD will burst from you chest for the low, low price of $39.98. A theatrical rated and unrated single-disc version will both be available for the suggested retail price of $29.98 while a special DVD two-pack collection featuring both AvP films will drop for $34.98 on standard and $69.98 on Blu-ray.

Glad I still haven't watched it.
Otherwise I would have to watch it again :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:35 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
Geezus wrote:
Glad I still haven't watched it.
Otherwise I would have to watch it again :lol:

Ha! Yeah, it's almost worth watching once, but twice? What this movie really needed was Bruce Campbell, or a half predator/half Bruce creature, rather than that frankly ridiculous Alien-ator.

Someone said earlier that they didn't think filmmakers went into a movie with $20million aiming to make a mediocre flick. I'd like to think that was true, but recently what I see in movies is $100+million spent on making something crammed with CGI, but totally empty of frippery like 'story' or 'acting'. It's happening too much to be a coincidence.

Filmmakers may want to make something great, but money strangles the creative process entirely. That fucking Planet of the Apes remake f'rinstance — I refuse to believe Tim Burton set out to make a sub-Lucas heap of shit like that. The fact of the matter is that if you try to put something out there that might make people think you're going to get shot down on the grounds that it won't make enough money.

I have a paranoid theory about the elite and the dumbing down of everything, but I'll save it.

Yeah, AVPR — Amusing Visual Poop Riddle? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem - opinions please

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Watched it.

Utter wank.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem - opinions please

Site Admin
lol, classic... that's your box quote right there! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem - opinions please

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Ta. :)

Perhaps we should start designing our own disc/box covers to go with the rips etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem - opinions please

The Ancient One
Do you mean something like this? http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17318