Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:05 pm  Post subject: Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem - opinions please

Demon Of The Abyss
Well, wether you asked for it or not - you're gonna get it.
The trailer is out for 2 months now. Trust you saw it.

Just posting it as a reminder that it's out in 3 weeks. You are forgiven if you didn't pay attention to it's release date :lol:

Better watch it again so you won't get too excited about it.
Glad they went for the R rating, pity all the blood and acid looks so painfully cheap-cgi.
And the colorado setting. ffs. Nobody remembered "Southern Comfort" when scouting for locations went underway ? Wrong bush you idiots.
The Alien just looks out of place in this open dry-land arena.

The amazon would have have been even better setting, anyone ever read batman vs alien will know what I'm hinting at.

No, thanks.
I'll take it as a ed2k link someday.and that's it. :P

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZaqldqBKCZU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZaqldqBKCZU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ignore the stuff down here. Just modified the old topic.
Quote:
AVP Sequel Talk
Studio gets the script.
by Paul Davidson
January 27, 2006 - The follow-up to Alien vs. Predator is moving on to the next stage. The IESB.net website has learned from Fox honcho Tom Rothman that the studio now has a script in hand for the next Alien-Predator invasion.

"They just got the script in...we are making that movie, it's gonna be kick-ass," declared Rothman. "We're hoping for [an] August of 2007 release. That's what we hope."

Our readers may recall that last spring, Rothman also confirmed some AVP-2 story details, saying that the sequel would involve Aliens and Predators actually invading human civilization, instead of the bloodshed being confined to a remote Antarctic temple or a distant space freighter.

There's still no word on whether or not Paul W.S. Anderson, writer and director of the first AVP, is involved. He currently has a number of other projects on his plate, including Deathrace 3000, Castlevania, and Resident Evil: Afterlife.

</i>

(IGN.filmforce)

:suicide: :moon:

Last edited by Geezus on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:37 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
you can tell that someone doesn't have a f*cking clue when they use the phrase "kick-ass" :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:43 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Gee...can't wait :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
*Modified original post*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:48 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
They've disowned Paul W.S. Anderson, but imo. no alien movie should ever take place on earth, based on a comic book and corny as hell or not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:33 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
checkout the japanese poster:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/news ... php?id=318

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:19 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
spudthedestroyer wrote:

Yes, well what would one portray on the poster to get people go watch this thing ?
Could place the female lead topless with a big .50 on it I suppose.
:wacky:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:39 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I might order a print of that poster, its awesome :)

If only it didn't have that AVP2 shit all over it. :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:48 am  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Looks killer but it's going to be lame...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:55 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
The game was nice for a little while. Why they ever wanted to make a movie out of it was already beyond me, this sequel just blows. It's even more boring than watching a friend play a game for a few hours.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
WTF ???

Way to kill any left-over-anticipation :

Publicly release high res pics of the "Predalien ".... Your last ace it the hole you had left. Blown.

I can'r resist posting it......

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Down here ! !!!!! :watchingyou:

Last edited by Geezus on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:54 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Oh my god that looks stupid. :mrgreen:

AVP was already unnecessary and now they are going to shoot another one... If there is no Ripley, no Arny or Danny Glover in it, it has nothing to do with the previous movies and I'm not interested to see it at all.

When is Freddy vs. Jason 2 coming out? :roll: :vomit:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:16 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
imo Alien 4, AvP and AvP 2 (although i've not seen this one yet, but i'd be amazed) are completely unnessacary shite and have done more damage to both franchises than if they were never made.

Alien 4 is an absolute piece of shit and systematically destroyed the achievements of the other three films. The film was an embarrassment. The whole space pirates writing was a f*cking disgrace and it was completely unnecessary to bring back ripley and make her wonder woman. It was all down to lousy writing by someone who just didn't have the talent to handle anything outside of his teen rubber stamp plots and suffered from unsuitable art direction. A complete mess... the fact it came back to earth in the end too. That was a f*ck up.

AvP is a film made by a new generation of completely talentless film creators that have no idea what cinematography and photography are let alone studied it. The plot and writing were below shite, and it was just plain retarded to have it set on earth.

AvP 2 looks like more of the same drek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:29 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
alien 4 was ok in my opinion. Yes, it's plot is like comic book, but heck it was interesting to watch. Ron Perlman is also there if I'm not mistaken (alongside with W. Rider)

and those water aliens were cool.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:56 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
its crap like that as to why we end up settling for mediocrity. :(
I don't see any justification for just "ok" under any circumstance, its a waste and its a travesty.

alien was a figure head franchise, alien 3 might have been deeply trouble but artistically its a more than welcomed addition; alien 4 made it into just, to use your word "ok" (imo f*cking garbage would have been my description as you might have guessed).

That's why the film industry is so full of shit; paying consumers seem so eager to be spoon fed utter shit and lap it up without complaint :(

I'm kind of from the school of thought that says if you set out to make a movie that's just "ok", by devaluing a franchise, giving it a shitty buffy story, wrecking characterisation and act, you're probably better off not bothering making the film at all. But then i like film and I just don't think these people have any real passion or talent, else they wouldn't make this shit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:35 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
Why is everyone hating on this movie already? Just because it's a sequel to a shitty movie it doesn't mean that it's going to automatically be the same. From the trailers it looks pretty fuckin cool IMO. It already looks much better than the first. I'll be seeing it in theaters.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:47 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
i liked the game but a movie huh? havent seen the first one but i can imagine it blows big time and a sequel? well why the hell not better make it a trilogy of turd while you're at it :outsider:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:45 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
wicker man wrote:
i liked the game but a movie huh? havent seen the first one but i can imagine it blows big time and a sequel? well why the hell not better make it a trilogy of turd while you're at it :outsider:

the game is completely unrelated. I prefered the first AvP game frankly, i didn't like the style of the second and the game engine didn't scream playability.

The biggest crime with those games is the lack of co-op, that would have made those games brilliant, especially the first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:22 am  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
well.....you done with your rant yet spud? You sound like a critic. So lets see YOUR movie. Shit, I was watching Alien when you were pissing your diapers, and its good to still see the monster, as it brings back great memories of scary movies as a child. It may not be great, but it brings back a nostalgia that I love. here's hoping for another 50 sequels :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:10 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Yea sorry to burst your guys bubble. I dug AVP 1 besides the whole badass predator needing help from a human bit. I thought the aliens being the base for ancient civilization is a bit played out (even though thats highly possible i.e. chariots of the of gods) but it was still a good movie imo and I cant wait till I can download avp2 cause I cant afford the movies :twisted: