Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:33 pm  Post subject: finally the new iron maiden album is here :)

The Ancient One
iron maiden - dances of death is here !!!! :)

i have been waiting for this one a long time now.... i am just listing to the first songs of the new album, its damn good thats for sure...

anyone else want to get it go here.....

http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?p=9431#9431

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:40 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
But it's not the same good ol' Iron Maiden it used to be before Bailey. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:26 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
maiden with baily sucked big time thats for sure...

brave new world kicked ass, rock in rio kicked ass and now the new album has arrived, some of the songs reminded me of piece of mind, powerslave, no prayer for the daying becouse of the sound and play they also do try out new things. i hear bruce trying to do something new with his vocals also... but it is maiden after all and have as usall alot of good songs, i still like it but not as much as the kick ass album new brave world.
i am gonna buy the kick ass picture disc release with 2 vinyl lps when it comes out.... nothing feel and hear like vinyls when it comes to the maiden sound :)

i give this album 8 of 10....

the most disapiontment is the cover art of the album, i dont like the computer gfx it kinda suck, where is the good drawings we all like so very much....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:53 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
The video looked cool for the new album...unfortunately I think I have grown beyond maiden as I didn't enjoy the music..mainly the voice...never had that problem when I was 13 listening to the # of the beast..I think I must have become extremely jaded over the past few decades or something.Still...one of the best shows I have seen in my life was Powerslave tour with the 20 foot Eddie giving Bruce dickerson a BJ..A classic memory if there ever was one..and to think...I watched Twisted Sister the same night...there is a message there somewhere although I am not quite sure what it is :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:00 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
d0c wrote:
the most disapiontment is the cover art of the album, i dont like the computer gfx it kinda suck, where is the good drawings we all like so very much....

Yeah, I want Eddie! Especially that the CG is really ugly in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:19 am  Post subject:
a member of the recently deceased

:shock:
what is Iron Maiden?
something like Limp Bizkit?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:30 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
I've had the album since Friday in mp3 and since monday on CD. I gotta say it absolutely rules. Bruce Dickinson was made for maiden, and since Brave New World they are just as strong as ever.

To be fair, Blaze Bayley was just wrong for the band, he isn't a bad singer, he just wasn't Bruce Dickinson and his voice wasn't strong enough. They do have some great songs on the Blaze albums, one of my favourites being The Sign of the Cross.

As far as the album goes, it is one of my favourites, and is almost as great as Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Now that was an epic album. IMO Wildest Dreams is the weakest (or at least my least favourite) song on the album, and that was the single they released and it got to number 6 last week here :o

To say Iron Maiden is voice alone is a great understatement of Biblical proportions, Steve Harris is one of the best song writers as well as Bass players and a great influential musician. Lots of bands owe their existance to Iron Maiden. The twin, and since the return of Janick Gers for Brave New world, tripple guitar solos in their latest albums are awesome. And of course with the return of Bruce Dickinson, the central voice is now as solid as the rest of the band. Notice also the song writing credits, Bruce Dickinson, Gers and at long last Nikko have joined the writing credits with Harris.

oh yes, and everyone agrees they poser cover sucks, but I got a solution, remove the sleeve, reverse and enjoy :) That skull on the reverse looks hella cool :) The in side is also pretty cool, btw Death is Eddie, they should have just left him and not bothered with that Poser crap :(

PrayeR, don't be daft and don't even joke about knowing about the biggest heavy metal band of all time, dwarfing the likes of Metallica. :matrix:

Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:32 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
i am gonna buy the kick ass picture disc release with 2 vinyl lps when it comes out.... nothing feel and hear like vinyls when it comes to the maiden sound

Damn straight! I recommend even those commited to boycotting the RIAA to buy this album.

Come on ?8.99 at http://www.cd-wow.com :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:26 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
spudthedestroyer wrote:
They do have some great songs on the Blaze albums, one of my favourites being The Sign of the Cross.

Yeah, but Bruce's interpretation of this piece is much much better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:47 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
@spud, your a green alien but you have good music taste, i must admit that.... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:40 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
DxaKrator wrote:
The video looked cool for the new album...unfortunately I think I have grown beyond maiden as I didn't enjoy the music..mainly the voice...never had that problem when I was 13 listening to the # of the beast..I think I must have become extremely jaded over the past few decades or something.Still...one of the best shows I have seen in my life was Powerslave tour with the 20 foot Eddie giving Bruce dickerson a BJ..A classic memory if there ever was one..and to think...I watched Twisted Sister the same night...there is a message there somewhere although I am not quite sure what it is :mrgreen:

WHAT! You have seen Twisted Sister live!? Damn, I'm jealous... :D
Still one of my favourite heavy metal bands.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:24 am  Post subject:

what Spud? :lol:
just asking.. i am not in new music...
Iron Maiden.. Limp Bizkit.. dunno..
lol
jk man.