Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:58 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
emoboy wrote:
it is also that it plays on a certain fear of the backlands, far away from urban enviroment, without many signs of civilization, a room where a lot can happen without anyone noticing. also a certain sense of class-struggle, the left-overs of progress and evolution eing out there. and not to forget, a fucking butcher with a mask made out of skin!

Funny but for the most part I feel more at home in the woods and more remote undeveloped areas with those kinds of people. It is the city folk that scare me. :)

No, my name isn't bubba or jethro or joe bob...

Those are my cousins, they live next door.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:25 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Been thinking on this one alot and to be honest..can't really come up with one...I have seen movies that impress,shock,disgust and even offend me but never scare.I suppose Evil Dead 1 or Hellraiser might go on my list....but neither scare me...I am far to jaded..When I was a kid though a movie that did scare me was Snowbeast,probably becuase I was surounded by snow and did alot of skiing and did not wish to be ate by a big hairy bigfoot.Yeah silly I know...but I watched the exorcist around the same time and wasn't scared in the least.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:01 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
spudthedestroyer wrote:

I can't really say a movie that has truely scared me though, when Exorcist was unbanned, I was far too old, the only films I can remember being scared by were when I was little and they were films like Poletergeist and Ghostbusters.

Ghostbuster for me too.. hehe :wink: '
More scarymovies.. I thought that The ring (us) was scary in some ways.. I can't dare to watch that old lady when she looks at you int he mirror.. *brrrwhh*.. Too tired to come up with some more.. Maybe later...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:06 pm  Post subject:
a member of the recently deceased

i saw both Rings
and for me jap. version was scary.
usa's - not very...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:10 pm  Post subject:

and yet. 1 fella said that when he watched Ringu. just in several minutes after scene with women and mirror - *phone*
lol
he said he died almost :-)
and several m8 said that after movie they made photos of themselfs :-D
just to check
:lol:
and me...
after Ringu i slept one week with light turned on
:oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:06 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
like DxaKrator i;ve been thinking this through and mainly i gotta agree with him as i get mainly get shocked/disturbed by film's content and can't really remember many films that scared me.
I suppose Henry: Portrait Of a Serial Killer is the only film i have watched in a long while that scared me in the slightest.

I guess both Evil Dead (the first one) and Alien scared me a bit when i first saw them. Alien i saw at the cinema when it was 1st shown (i was 12 or 13 then) and was quite [enjoyably] freaked out. And Evil Dead i saw on video, again when 1st out (i guess i was about 15). And at the time the sfx on these looked pretty cool to me and a little scary.

things that scare me a little are watching films like The Case Of The Bloody Iris where in normal everyday situations ppl getting stabbed by a scalpel. that could so easily be real. Or maybe watching I.D. which is not a horror film but again scares the crap outta me cos is so real.

When i watched Happiness i got scared realising that the kiddy fiddlers and other assorted weirdos are probably just like that in real life and that is both sick and scary.

Not sure what all the fuss is about Ring, i watched the 1st jap one but don;t remember much other than was bored by it, def not scared. not seen any of the sequels or remakes though.

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:57 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
i like more the supernatural movies to the slasher/killers movies. the ones based on true stories are just sad, and i dont get any enjoyment out of seeing nasty things happen to people, that actually did happen.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'