Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:52 pm  Post subject: Masters of Horror
Request Territory

Request Territory
I've seen all of the episodes to this great idea of a series, and I must say that I am a bit disappointed. Perhaps it was in the efforts of the "greats", or perhaps it was the choices of the greats. I think the whole thing would have been pulled off better if they gave some directors that have for their whole carrers functioned with less budget than each episode cost. as everyone at this site knows, there are many great gems that may outshine Gremlins, or Lucky McKee's MAY. Don't get me wrong, I think that most of the directors deserve the title, but I wonder if they've lost some edge over the years. Any suggestions as to a dream line-up of directors/writers for a real Masters of Horror?. I'll start with Sam Raimi and Clive Barker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:58 pm  Post subject: Forgot my favorite (how could I?)
Request Territory

Request Territory
David Cronenberg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:06 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Uwe Boll....... :lol: j/k

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:16 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
i've not seen the banned Takashi Miike ep yet

clive barker would be my choice.

when is uwe gonna do some horror? i see he's released alot of comedys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:31 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Terry Gilliam
Stanley Kubrick (RIP)
Alfred Hitchcock (RIP)

In all honesty, i don't differentiate between career horror and rounded directors, i don't think you should have to have exclusively made horror movies to be a master of horror, i just think you need to display a clear influence and the ability to make successful horror movies.

Stanley Kubrick made a whole host of movies but he really did all of them well. Hitchcock's horror and thriller movies were just brilliant. Unfortunately its not likely we'll see them in any future series :lol:

I think Terry Gilliam has it in him to make a really brilliant horror movie if he so desires it, and as far as director's go he's the one i most want to see make a horror movie. Ironic since he's not really done one. He does really good monsters and fantasys though, so i'm hoping one day he'll take the plunge into more sinister waters.

I also want Speilberg to make a straight horror movie. I really want to know if the rumours behind him being the real director for Poltergeist is true. He of course made Jaws which is a good horror / action movie.

Quote:
maybe some people want to have both movies from the same ripper

it was quite good, but i think like his other stuff, it suffers from really broken narrative. His stuff isn't really, i dunno. Sometimes i get the impression its weird for the sake of it.

As for the series, i didn't mind the one with the lesbians (that was about bugs)... biggest dissapointment was Dante's zombie / soldier thing... really didn't like that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
gilliam was suspose to direct terry pratchets good omens. until something went down. if he did a horror to the same caliber of madness as Brazil or fear and loathing in las vegas it would be a good psychological mindfucker. something like SAW but better and not as wooden acting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:47 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
i have seen Jenfier by Argento and I was deeply not impressed...his older movies are so much better...like zompete mentioned above, maybe if the directors had a smaller budget and the times were different maybe the movies would have turned out better for this series :twisted: