Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:03 am  Post subject: Zombi 2 2006 DVD?

Buried In The Backyard
I ordered the 2-disc Shriek Show DVD from HMV, and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Having been triple dipped on this movie (buying the Anchor Bay, Blue Underground and now Shriek Show versions) I was concerned when I read this today.

From wikipedia (I know, not the best source of facts):

Quote:
Also worth noting are the differences between the 2004 Shriek Show Media Blasters release and the 2006 Shriek Show Anchor Bay release, which often get confused. While Anchor Bay has a history of showing a great deal of respect for the preservation of purity in original director approved and uncut film releases, the 2006 Anchor Bay release of 'Zombi 2' inexplicably has a few minutes of footage omitted which can be found still intact in the 2004 Media Blasters release. Both feature comparable digitally remastered, anamorphic widescreen transfers, as well as the same bonus materials, but only the 2004 Media Blasters release can truly be considered "uncut".

When I upgraded from the old Anchor Bay release to the Blue Underground DVD I'd heard the latter was more complete, but really all I noticed was the opening shot of the film doesn't begin quite so abruptly. Can anyone confirm that:

1) there is a new Anchor Bay pressing of the same 2-disc set that Media Blasters released in 2006;

2) the film itself is not as complete as the Blue Underground version?

If there are actually TWO different versions of the 2-disc set, one with an incomplete film, I'm not sure which one I'll be getting since I ordered it sight unseen. I'm looking forward to watching all the bonus features, but I'd like to think I'd be getting the most complete version of the film with them.

Because I'm not buying this damn movie again. :lol:

EDIT: I picked up the DVD today and it's from Media Blasters.