Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 156  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Demon Of The Abyss
Trick´r Treat - Well... Liked some parts, not so much others. But I guess the film works and I had fun with it, and that´s what it´s all about!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:57 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
How To Be A Serial Killer - kinda funny, but also a bit predictable. Not so much horror, only towards the end the gore comes in. I thought the main actor id a great job, the others didn't, or had to grow into their roles (for example the guy doing Bart - his start is really bad, but it becomes better towards the end). Not a waste of time, but no recommendation either.

Doghouse - good film, I liked it, altough I missed bits and pieces because of me being very tired. The story is set up really nicely and the actors do a great job. I like the style, it is very British. The man vs woman stuff is brought up in a funny way, although the sermon by Vince near the end about knowing women and all was a bit over the top. Recommended!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:34 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Starship troopers 2
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: not that bad as they say... actually it is good for its league :rock: :rock: ofcourse there are bad lines funny scenarist solutions and sometimes not good CGI but that low marks are because of comparing with first part :matrix: :matrix: :matrix:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Huntress - Romanian production with not too much money set in Wales. This mean most Welshmen in the film speak English with Eastern European accents, which is sad. Why not just set the story somewhere else? Then you wouldn't have this obvious problem. OK, on to the rest of the movie. It is a film which tries to revive the Gothic horrors of the 70s and it only partially succeeds. Yes, there is some atmosphere and yes, the eroticism is present. But then you have to make something out of those ingredients. This is where the director fails, and although I had a good time watching this one, I'm not gonna recommend it.

High School Girl Rika Zombie Hunter - great Jap zombie flick. For once, the girl mentioned in the title doesn't have supernatural powers, flies through the sky or does anything else totally incredible. She only becomes a heroine very late in the movie, and she kind of grows into it, so that was one nice example of character development in a film where you don't expect such a thing. I also really liked the infected professor with the muzzle, who was trying to help the non-infected people. All in all, one of the better zombieflicks. Highly recommended!

Dying God - looked like a crap movie, and it was. But: I enjoyed it anyway, as it wasn't totally shit. Lance Henriksen gets enough screentime, especially in the second half of the movie. The first half is forgettable, it's a bad policefilm at best. The second half is more enjoyable, and the ending is nice and SBiG. Only for bad moviefans (and skip the first half).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders - "makes the first one look like Star Wars" someone wrote on imdb and well, he is right. This is SO dumb, and the jokes fall SO flat, it is next to unbelievable. But then again, I like this kind of total crap. It is not one of the funniest bad movies I have seen because they sometimes push it too hard, like with the three (!) recitings from the same quote which was funny in part 1 ("Good, there's oxygen on this planet"). Overacting, bad set and sfx, stuff to gross out people, it's all there. If you like bad movies, watch it. Otherwise: avoid!

The Vanguard - this movie wanted to be mysterious I think. The whole time there's this background noise which aims at making you feel uncomfortable. Also, it takes more than half an hoiur before someone in the movie speaks out loud. The "zombies" (they are called Biosyncs in this one... *sigh*) are not interesting and the soldiers play too little a role. It was a bit annoying to watch. Only little upside was the acting of the woman, which was a bit above average. Avoid.

Haute Tension - third "modern" French horrormovie for me, after À l'Intérieur and Frontière(s). It started out OK, then it went into something plotwise which is meant to be the center of the movie. Only read further if you don't mind to be spoiled on this one!
Spoiler:
The murders and all are very bloody and pretty intense. I was actually glad you couldn't see how the kid was murdered. But, the personality thing in this movie is... well... I have two thoughts about it:
1) This is brilliant, nobody could see it coming. It gives the story a twist in a way not many moviemakers have done before. Especially the love thing in the end, it is the finishing touch (and btw the only way you could have guessed it would go like this).
2) This is madness! It is way too far fetched! If the killer is Marie, who is that man with the blue cap? If it is supposed to be some imaginary person, then that is ridiculous.

So, all in all, a good movie, which leaves me with doubt. I recommend it to anyone who wants to make up his personal opinion on this.

FleshEater - classic-like zombiemovie. It could have been called Night of the Living Dead 2 with ease. There were so many things which reminded me of NOTLD that it made me read some stuff about it and it actually is based on NOTLD. Even the main zombie acts out the same role as he had in NOTLD, together with some others. Well, in comparison to The Vanguard I can say this: this, director of The Vanguard, is how zombiemovies should be like. Recommended.

Then there were some movies I have seen longer ago, but I forgot to review them here, so here goes:

Offspring - movie showing two worlds, one "primitive", with cavemen-like people who communicate by making noises and eat people; one "civilised", with clerk-like people who eat vegetables and meat. This movie is not really going anywhere. Apparently, the filmmaker wants us to think about what civilised and primitive means, but it just doesn't cut it. Not recommended.

Seventh Moon - another mystery, this movie. Which way wanted the director to go? There's something about demons and ancient spirits on the countryside of China (? - could be another country) and people start dying. I didn't get the message, maybe you will. It is a while ago too since I watched it, and since I can't remember anything decent about it, it didn't impress me at all. Avoid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:59 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
not horror
A Perfect Getaway with Milla. Good movie. I specially liked how they capture all those hurting killing moments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:29 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!
Request Territory

Request Territory
I watched Until death, the Latest Van Damme. I really liked this one. I wasn't expecting any gore and still got some. The sequence was excellent, really excellent. Well shot, brilliant cinematography. It is really horrible movie. Every body should see this movie if he/she like horrible movie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
"Paranormal Activity"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/

*ffs what a load of crap...same as "The Blair Witch Project"...scary my ass...overrated and overhyped

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:34 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Weasels Rip My FLesh - yess, a real SBiG experience, this (very) low budget thingy from 1979! I laughed out liud several times! The director of this thing has a lot of credit, so he thinks. For example: when he shows a wobbling fluffy pillow, he expects us to believe it is a giant weasel. Same goes for the sfx in the beginning: we are supposed to believe that there were some sort of aliens (you don't get to see them), they lived on a planet with two campfires (actually a bunch of candles) and a rocketship. During the trip, the rocketship changes and when it lands, it is red and grey instead of all white. Also, it starts out with some images of a forest and some people and there is some blood and someone who pulls a knife. This has totally nothing, and I mean really nothing, to do with the rest of the film.

Some things I learned from this movie:
1) Weasels actually dig holes that are only 10 cm deep.
2) If you are gonna operate, you only have to put one glove on, the other one will appear by itself.
3) Severed legs can get you rabies.
4) Blood isn't red. It is orange instead.
5) If you're gonna tap someone's blood, you need to change shirts first
6) If you look into a headlight which is on the table, you can see what someone else is doing in a different room.
7) Bulletwounds aren't bad. In fact they heal within a couple of minutes.
8) If you mutate humans with weasels, you get some sort of turd-like monster with an octopus-like head. Oh, and it wears shirts too.
9) When you lose an arm, you gain a bump.
10) Rivers are dangerous places, as they are shark infested.

All in all, a cheesefest with no holds barred. It has to be seen to be believed. Highly recommended for bad moviefans!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:04 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Slayer, cheers for those facts mate. I am fairly certain they will come in handy sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:46 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Alien Raiders (2008): Alien infestion horror with Tony Almeida (24 anyone?). A group of people occupy a store, because they tracked down the source of an "alien invasion" to there. They start to analyze each shopper by using one of their members - a so called spotter. Unfortunately one of the shoppers is a cop and kills the spotter. Now they have to run a diferent test on the shoppers, which is cutting of a their little finger and see if it grows back. While the movie starts out really promising, the too much talking kind of ruins it. Not to mention the ending. Which in this case means that the movie is suddenly over. Ah and one thing: if the aliens are so dangerous and killing the source would kill all of them, why don't they just kill all the remaining 5 shoppers, instead of doing this stupid finger cutting test?

The Legend Of Gator Face (1996): An adventure comedy for kids, this one is. Not really horror, despite the IMDb genre listing. Two kids are bored in the summertime, so they decide to do a prank. They create a monster costume that resembles a half human / half alligator creature a local legend is about. That costume is used to scare the citizen of their small home town. I'll soon release a rip of this movie. It is something for kiddies in the style of Goonies though.

Drag Me To Hell (2009): Sam Raimi's bitched horror comedy(?). A girl is cursed by a gypsy and is then haunted by the devil (I suppose?). While the first half of this movie is really entertaining, the second half got somewhat boring, while the ending is really silly imho. An interesting fact is that the gypsys in this movie all talk Spanish. However the curse the gypsy speaks is in Hungarian. She says "Az ördög szálljon beléd.", which means "The devil should posess you.". I can confirm the alltough rare but really bad CGI gore effects. I really enjoyed Alison Lohman in this movie. The movie is funny and full of shocking moments. Raimi sure knows how to build up tension and then scare the crap out of you. Unlickily the movie gets itself too serious near the ending. These "twists" at the ending get really boring and predictable nowadays...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Nice, another balanced review of Drag me to Hell.

To All A Goodnight - a slasher in which I did not see it coming. Wow. The killer was a surprise to me! How refreshing! All other stuff is nice and very 1980, I just love that. Outfits, music, the way they talk, lovely. All other stuff wasn't really special, but I enjoyed this film. Recommended.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The Borrower (1991): An alien killer is punished by deporting to Earth in a human body. Whenever the body is damaged, he "borrows" body parts (mostly heads!) from its victims. This may sound like "The Hidden", but is a sure B-Movie effort with some boring scenes on how the alien stumbles around. In contrast to "The Hidden" the alien seems to have a lot of problems adjusting to the Earth's environment and you unfortunately get to see all this dizziness in those unecessary too longs scenes. Despite that it is a really funny horror movie with some known actors/actresses like Rae Dawn Chong, Mädchen Amick, Antonio Fargas and Tony Amendola.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:12 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Sounds nice, gonna DL it. I love Mädchen Amick!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Mom (1991): Vampire monster movie with Brion James. A vampire like monster (Brion) attacks the mother of a TV reporter, who first struggles to keep things normal, but than must notice that his mother is best finished with as soon as possible. This movie also has some nice actors like Brion James and Claudia Christian. The funny acting of Brion James makes this above average. It is surely a B movie but the cast tries hard, give all they can and succeed. In the end it is very enjoyable. A bit long, but with very nice (no CGI - well it's 1991 after all) monster face effects.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:07 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Black Devil Doll - kinda repetitive, this movie. Serial killer gets fried, and then his spirit (?) is trapped inside a doll. The doll actually was white, but it turns into a negroe as soon as the spirit enters it. Mmm, OK... Of course the doll is very horny, and it has sex throughout the movie, mostly with "fixed" women whose too big breasts have the ugly scars of the operation visibly over them, uuggh. Some bad jokes and a lot of showing off T&A, topping it off with some murders and some bad sfx.

Mataesfola wrote:
Trick´r Treat - Well... Liked some parts, not so much others. But I guess the film works and I had fun with it, and that´s what it´s all about!

Well, I liked some parts too. I liked the part about the girls, as they looked awesome, I liked the part about the kids visiting the spot of the schoolbus masacre, as it was done very nicely and I liked the way the four stories intertwined. That was really well done, and also kind of original. I can see why people like this film and it is definitely better than most crap which comes out today, but I don't consider this a classic or "the best movie ever". Enjoyable indeed, and I do recommend this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:49 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
Did you see this one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/

Absolutely wonderful movie, 10/10 from me. Noomi Rapace is awesome Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Devil, Probably
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009): Fantasy romance involving a guy that has a strange gene that makes him travel forth and back in time. Usually such movies are very twisted and leave more questions open than they actually answer, that's why I stopped thinking about them in the first place. I would rate this about 6/10 mainly for the good acting. Some parts of the story are not explained (like why the guy has this gene) and I heard that they changed the ending to a happy one to make viewers like it better - shame about that. I would not recommend to watch this as there is little originality in it at all.

The Hangover (2009): When I looked for the IMDb link I found that they actually are creating a second part for this one, which will be released in 2011. The movie is OK and has some funny scenes. Although I regard American humor in movies as very predictable with too much make up. It's fun to watch once, but there is nothing special to remember here. I am rating this 6/10 also.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:27 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
A Nightmare On Elm Street 6 - Freddy's Death (1991): Now I have seen all of the NOES episodes and this is the worst of them considering it should have been a horror movie. Instead it feels like a comedy. It's not scary, because Freddy spends 15 minutes bitching around with victims inside a video game console (!) instead of killing them immediately. The movie gives some background information on Freddy and how he became "immortal", which is good, but the stupid killing scenes destroyed this one for me. Freddy gets killed (as the title says) and let's hope that their not shooting any more episodes of this kind.

Chopping Mall (1986): Finally a really nice horror movie. Robots are used to secure a mall at night. A lightning turns them into killing machines and a group of young workers (that party in a shop) must fight them. Nice likeable characters, several tits and even an exploding head. Quite short (72 minutes) but well done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:29 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Mad Foxes - this is one crazy movie. I think the directors spent one weekend watching all kinds of exploitation movies and then decided to pick something from every movie they had seen in put it into a new film: this one. There are way too many different things going on, but the main stroryline is about revenge, and bloody revenge too. Genitals are being cut off, there are ninjas, nazi motorbike gangsters and other weirdos. If you want a crazy 75 minutes, watch this one. Also very much recommended for bad moviefans.

Meridian Kiss Of The Beast - from 1990, but it looks like it is from the 70s and it grabs the gothic horror atmosphere quite nicely. I found the plot twist OK, not really blowing me away, though. The monster looks ridiculous, but remember kids, 1990 is almost twenty years ago already. A nice passtime, but far from a necessity to watch, The ending is cheesy and only for girls.