Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:21 pm  Post subject: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
Seems to have stopped printing in February, I sent a mail to them about not receiving the last three issues:
Quote:
Hi Fango Fan. Thanks for your email.

Our fulfillment center has ceased operations and we are currently working on a securing a new house to handle our customer service inquiries. For now, it is being handled in-house by a skeleton crew and we are doing our best to answer your inquiries as quickly as we possibly can. We appreciate your patience while this is all sorted out.

IF YOU ARE WRITING REGARDING THE STATUS OF FANGORIA #345 AND #346, please see the update below my signature from our editors. A further detailed update can be found at the link included towards the end of the message.

If you have an inquiry regarding your EXPIRATION DATE, are requesting a REFUND, or have any other inquiry, please resend it to ... with the nature of your inquiry in the subject line. I promise to answer it as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

----

Dear Subscriber,

First off, thank you for your great patience with FANGORIA Magazine in these past months. The editorial staff at FANGORIA has been hard at work to deliver you the issues you are owed, and you will receive those issues soon.
In the meantime, FANGORIA is adopting a new policy in which subscribers will receive issues digitally as soon as production has finished on the magazine, as to not hold our subscribers up any longer with our print woes. Below this statement is a link to FANGORIA #346 with a redeemable promo code that will allow subscribers to receive the issue for absolutely free.

A few years ago they sold a lifetime subscription, which many pronounced to be the end of the magazine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
So they are up to 348, but the last issue printed was 345. They are still selling subscriptions and listing 'pre-orders', and their site is devoid of news... looks like they are facing bankruptcy or something, very odd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Mummified In Barbed Wire
no wonder. look around - everything is slowly dying like this forum...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
Masonna wrote:
no wonder. look around - everything is slowly dying like this forum...

Maybe they just have slow response times and there's a pending reply? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
They've shut down the online store but are still posting articles on their website. I guess they put all their readers subscription money into news articles?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
About a year and a half ago i renewed my FANGO subscription. Never heard anything, filed a claim through paypal and got my money back. Like stated here before printed material is dyiing.

But There are some really cool underground horror mags outthere still.

For example i really have been enjoying EVILSPEAK magazine from the US. And just recently funded the kickstart campaign for de restart of chas balun's deep red zine.

Everything evolves, I never thought i would be streaming movies and series and that pay per view would work but here I am just doiing that. I guess this stuff will only work in a underground way in the times of the internet and information beiing there for the grabs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 am  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
I never got my money back. I think i paid by debit card and left it too long. If its paying someone's redundancy I don't mind, if its going to the company then I'm pissed. They've ignored all my tweets, facebook messages and emails but continue to post social media content. Very dishonest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

well that sucks !

When I did not hear from them for several months it took me a while to find out they had major issues. from the outside it looked there was nothing wrong. But yeah they were non communicative on all levels indeed.

To bad because I liked that zine a lot !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
I think they lost the money from branching out into failed film labels and stuff, the magazine itself although i'm sure wasn't the biggest seller in the end was always good enough and readers. You couldn't even buy it in the UK, it went from being in every big newsagent to being only in one in one town 20 miles from my house.

I have almost every single issue in my parents house, just missing one special never released in the UK.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Great to hear you have almost every single Fango issue !! would love to dig into those old issues !!

guess the were outrun by some poor business decisions than, too bad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:11 am  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

Site Admin
Holy Shit!

FANGORIA IS BACK!

They said they will honour my subscription too, that's great!
http://fangoria.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Fangoria magazine dead or to be re-animated?

I actually got a new subscription last week, cant wait for a new issue to arrive. Its been a while ! :rock: