Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:10 am  Post subject: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Devil, Probably
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/06/uwe ... ignatures/
Quote:
Ladies and Gentleman, we finally have a chance to rid the cinematic world of a cancer. Uwe Boll, the German director behind such horrid video game adaptations as House of the Dead, BloodRayne, Dungeon Siege and Postal, has recently admitted that he would retire from making movies if enough people want him to stop. When FearNet mentioned to Boll a petition online signed by 18,000 people requesting that he cease making films, Boll responded that “18,000 is not enough to convince me.” So how much would be enough?

Indeed, now we have a goal. All we need is 980,000 more signatures on this petition and we can rid the world of future Boll-directed/produced cinematic atrocities. as my friend Scott Weinberg on Cinematical points out, Tunnel Rats, Far Cry, Zombie Massacre and BloodRayne 3 are already in production. So we might not be able to stop those productions. Be we just might have the ability to prevent a BloodRayne 4 or House of the Dead 3. So sign now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Demon Of The Abyss
NOoooooooo, me wants BloodRayne 4!!!!!1111

Don't you dare sign that petition! :matrix:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:24 am  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Site Admin
Frontpaged; I'm signing because of the pain and the waste.
I hope its a clean vote. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Master Of The Dead Donkey
No way. :matrix:

:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Mod of the Living Dead
Not signing, you don't HAVE to watch his movies you know :lol:

Having said that apparently Postal isn't that bad!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
yay my wishes came true the guy just sucks period

example =

house of the dead = WTF

resident evil = better enterainment

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Ancient One
House of the Dead 2 is one of my favourite bad movies. I sometimes love to watch bad movies, and Uwe provides them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Site Admin
PC_Arcade wrote:
Not signing, you don't HAVE to watch his movies you know :lol:

Having said that apparently Postal isn't that bad!

excuse me, but i did.
Think of people at film festivals who have no choice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Ancient One
You put it as if they came to the festival at gunpoint ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Ancient One
This is just silly, and proof that people take movies way too seriously. Bashing him has become so fashionable among fanboys it's plainly ridiculous.

It's not as if it's a legal contract and he has to stop making movies if they get those names, plus the whole thing is just more publicity for him anyway.

If you don't like him, don't watch his films. I'm not a fan (based on HOTD and AITD) but I'd still watch Dungeon Siege (I usually like fantasy movies whether they are good or bad, e.g. Dungeons & Dragons :oops: ) and Postal sounds like it might be an interesting watch.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:

i didn't go for his f*cking film; ;) i went for the other four that were showing before and after. If i'd have left i'd have lost my seat... he wasted my time therefore i think he's scum. Waste my time to that degree and you get the same evaluation. :voodoo:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Buried In The Backyard
56298 signatures and counting!!! come on people don´t be shy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Slayer wrote:

i didn't go for his f*cking film; ;) i went for the other four that were showing before and after.

You'd suspect the festival organisation to put his film in the middle on purpose :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Buried In The Backyard
56298 signatures and counting!!! come on people don´t be shy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Ancient One
Are you a bot with a programmed message?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:01 am  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

LOL :matrix:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:31 am  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Slayer, Uwe Boll did only the first House of the Dead, so if HoD2 is the only bit of Boll you found tolerable, you can be the 680128-430 signature and counting!

Btw, c'mon... you guys (the ones signing, worrying, bothering etc) can't see the joke is on you?! Boll is having a blast with all the bashing he gets... even more now that he beat one or two dumbfucks who tried to boxe him (or at least put up a decent fight ;p).

Btw²... First time I watched HoD I thought I was gonna die... rewatched it about a month ago, had a blast... dug the videogame bits, the overuse of everything cheesy... the ravers turned swat team concept... the zombies look good, there's more gore than in the sequel for example, the zombie killing is entertaining... had it been made in the 80s people would remember it differently.

On the other hand he did uber-crap like alone in the dark.... BUT if you check on what's to come from him, it doesn't look that hideous... the guy is all over the place, but he's not the worst director alive, "Seed" looks like fun... "Far Cry" might be entertaining (I won't bet on this one though) and there's "tunnel rats"... the trailer believe it or not looks good, not could-be-fun good or cheesy, but actually looks like a nice little war flick, Ittenbach is doing effects and everything.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:33 am  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Site Admin
Quote:
Btw²... First time I watched HoD I thought I was gonna die... rewatched it about a month ago, had a blast... dug the videogame bits, the overuse of everything cheesy... the ravers turned swat team concept... the zombies look good, there's more gore than in the sequel for example, the zombie killing is entertaining... had it been made in the 80s people would remember it differently.

I had to sit through that crap to get to the likes of the very enjoyable:
Undead
Mucha Sangra

So as you can imagine, it was much, much worse :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 am  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

The Devil, Probably
I signed it. No need to spend money on something that is shit. By this I mean the production costs.
It is not a bad idea to create movies based on games. But Uwe is definitely the wrong guy for making them.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Uwe Boll will quit making movies with 1 million signatures

Site Admin
I'm trying to think of positive things, but its very hard because i keep coming back to this:
  • Pain his shit film caused me :lol:
  • Coverage of films that are just bad bad, not fun bad... that's money better spent on other projects that get no coverage.
  • Stealing money from the German Film industry; I would like to see new original projects
  • Stealing money from the German government and people; if you pay tax in germany, you are/were being screwed over
  • Damaging computer games integrity as any kind of viable art form, leading to view points like Roger Ebert which I think aren't very well thought out. Games like Half-Life, System Shock, etc. have potential but not with the way they are currently treated.

Three and Four are not good for anyone except extremely rich people wanting to dodge paying the fair amount of taxes; there's the argument for the Germany industry investment, but I don't think its well spent with the boll buying outside license, foreign actors and hollywood productions to what should a film made by the German film industry.

Most people don't have to watch his films like I did, but the other points are quite bad if you think about it.