Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
Removed by author

Last edited by Signe on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
Signe wrote:
But Texas Chainsaw Massacre I think is more or less based on a real person at least...?

I think I read somewhere about a far fetched link which is to Ted Bundy, but he was alone, TCM has a family doing it. Ted didn't use chainsaws either.

Quote:
Hmm... How can Hostel be shocking to anyone? It's fiction. I want to watch something that makes me so disgusted by myself that I go completely apathetic.

Most people want to watch something for their enjoyment, so especially for mainstream moviegoers, Hostel is shocking as it is something different than what they usually watch. Most people here won't find it shocking, as they have seen tons of flicks which were "worse".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
Removed by author

Last edited by Signe on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Devil, Probably
Sounds like you need a hefty dose of LSD and a massive head injury :lol: That'll help erase your brain. :googley:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:20 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Worked for me :googley: :prat: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:26 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Devil, Probably
Texas Chain Saw Massacre = Ed Gein

"I may have a head injury, but at least I don't have a head injury..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:29 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
Removed by author

Last edited by Signe on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:48 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
Erzsébet :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
karstmobile wrote:
Texas Chain Saw Massacre = Ed Gein

F**k, I meant him. Only misspelled his name a little. :wink:

Don't know how I got them mixed up so badly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
The Ruins.
Not that a ton of people on these boards or other internet boards love or even remotley like this movie though. Locally, all my friends and aquintances just said it was sooooo gruesome and made you feel soooo lonley and helpless. The movie was one of the most boring things I have seen... ever. The amputation scene is about all there is. 2 minutes in a 92 minute movie. I watched it again last night actually, to make sure I didnt miss anything. The only thing I think I missed that I noticed this time.... was that the guy that plays... the skinnier non-bearded guy.. is the same dude from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake that plays the fro'd glasses wearing stoner dude. Yay.

Cannible Apocolypse.
Sometimes I get it and holocaust mixed up, title wise. But I double checked and yup, this gets a ton of praise too. Why? I dont get it. Its garbage. Its boring. It doesnt make you think. It doesnt have ANY scares in it. It literally lacks any gore besides.... a leg getting cut up? Oh no, someone cut up a leg with a grinder. Whoo! Yeah its a bit older movie when special effects were harder to come by (good ones)... but its from an era when atmosphere ruled the horror cinema. And it lacks that too. It has no atmosphere. Nothing special at least.

Phantasm.
I probally need to watch this again. I havent seen it sense I was probally 12 years old. Im 27 now so its been a while. But during the time, I DEFINATLY knew what scared me and what didnt. This... did not. I will put this on hold, download it and watch it again.. then determine if it was just something I didnt understand when I was younger.. or it just sucked. Much like I thought the shining sucked because I hadnt seen it sense I was a little lad. Watched it again a few years ago and it blew me away. Hopefully this "classic" will do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Devil, Probably
Phantasm is actually really funny. At 27, I too can't find any movies to scare me... fictional horror at least :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
I saw The Ruins at the cinema, and I liked it. Not very much, but I thought the thing with the cellphone etc was quite original.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Dead But Dreaming
Ahunt5714 wrote:
Cannible Apocolypse.
Sometimes I get it and holocaust mixed up, title wise. But I double checked and yup, this gets a ton of praise too. Why? I dont get it. Its garbage. Its boring. It doesnt make you think. It doesnt have ANY scares in it. It literally lacks any gore besides.... a leg getting cut up? Oh no, someone cut up a leg with a grinder. Whoo! Yeah its a bit older movie when special effects were harder to come by (good ones)... but its from an era when atmosphere ruled the horror cinema. And it lacks that too. It has no atmosphere. Nothing special at least.

I agree. I rented this a few years back and was bored to butt of it. I don't understand why this movie gets the hype that it gets when its not even the best of its genre in my opinion. This is one flick my collection can live without.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Halloween 3,4,5 and so on ....after 2 looses its grip ,becomes repetitive and boring.
Same for Friday 13 , only decay starts after first.

The Sixth Sense - I can't find words to describe how much i hate this movie
Hellraiser 3 - Pinhead becomes stand-up comedian here
The Blair Witch Project - who doesn't hate it?

Scream 1,2,3 - Wes Craven :roll:
A Nightmare on Elm Street 1,2,3....67 - Wes Craven & Co. :roll:
Rosemary's Baby - It's unwatchable.I tried to watch it three or four times and every time i fell asleep.NEVER made it to the end.
Bad Taste - I think it shows how P. Jackson is REALLY talented director :mrgreen:
Land of the Dead - complete Romero crap :moon:

And many,many more.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Devil, Probably
I think I add: Automatons :mrgreen: boring as hell. Watch the last 15 minutes only! :twisted:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

In Hell I Burn
all the recent REMAKE CRAP !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:43 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Buried In The Backyard
I've seen quite a few horror films that I've deemed completely worthless.

The worst offenders would be:
Carnage (1984) (if you haven't seen it, consider yourself lucky. By far, one of the worst films I've ever seen. I guess its about a haunted house, ghosts and some other bullshit, but its so horribly shot and ineptly edited you don't even realize whats going on)

Terror At Tenkiller (1986) (One of the worst slashers films I've ever seen. Stay away, please...)

The Last Slumber Party (1988) (Teeny-slasher stuff with a ridiculous plot involving not one, but TWO killers wearing surgeon scrubs. Worth seeing once for the comedic/entertainment aspects, but still complete shit)

A Virgin Among The Living Dead (1973) and almost any other Jess Franco film. I don't see the appeal. He hired awful actors, most of his films all have this murky, sludgy quality which is quite unappealing and I find most of his material to be extremely banal and dull. I know a ton of you will not agree, but I say fuck this guy.

Zombie Lake (1981) and most other Jean Rollin films. A friend of Franco's. More ineptly made, horribly acted worthless shit.

Any Ulli Lomell film that isn't The Boogeyman.

Any Uwe Boll film.

The Scream series.

I guess those are my most hated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:55 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
Jess Franco and Jean Rollin are dirty pleasures. So I understand your opinion, and if I was a filmcritic writing for a newspaper-site I´d write the same, but I enjoy a dirty pleasure from time to time... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Demon Of The Abyss
Slayer wrote:
Jess Franco and Jean Rollin are dirty pleasures. So I understand your opinion, and if I was a filmcritic writing for a newspaper-site I´d write the same, but I enjoy a dirty pleasure from time to time... :wink:

Same here :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Dead But Dreaming
Slayer wrote:

Yeah, every time I go randomly searching for movies via titles, I always end up clicking on the header link. I read a little more and then
I find out that it's a Franco film and think 'maybe later'. But I got to hand it to both of them that they can pick out awesome sounding
titles and even sometimes the plot sounds interesting. They just can't execute a film worth a damn. How can you go wrong with
lesbian vampires? :wink: