Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
ED 2 is much better than ED, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
I also liked it better and I even think part three is the best of them all. Somehow I didn't quite like part one. Maybe I was already too old watching it the first time, but it all seemed too silly to me. Especially the tree rape scene. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Mod of the Living Dead
Slayer wrote:

/agree :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Evil Dead is the scariest of the bunch. Thus, for me, the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...
Request Territory

Request Territory
Eli Roth's,"Cabin Fever",above just about all others,including Roth's other abortions. :matrix:

—Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
I agree. Cabin Fever is a terrible piece of crap. :moon:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
This is a great topic--I think I will have to add in sections--there are so many! Definitely agree with Perkin on the Eli Roth crap==yuk--hate him and his flix--I also agree with Slayer about Do You Wanna Know a Secret--awful piece of trash, I also hate Audition (no flames please) had some scary moments but totally blew it (IMO) , Penny Dreadful (well named, as it was dreadful--I have never seen such a dumb bitch in a movie in my life) , Open Water 2, I found the Descent to be a let down....Also have to agree with most of the posters above --Early Argento is amazing--both for grue and visuals--Suspiria is definitely in my top 5--a truly stunning film--IMO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Buried In The Backyard
1. I agree 100% about 'The Blair Witch Project'. The whole film was marketed around the POV "reality" garbage (which, since becoming popular, has ruined television), and as you said, it wasn't even a new gimmick! And the films that did it before ('Cannibal Holocaust') weren't that great either (although Cannibal Holocaust was nowhere near as dull) which makes one wonder why it would blow so many people away NOW if it didn't catch on then... The only thing I can think is that audiences have gotten significantly stupider. A truly awful excuse for a film.

2. Halloween: H20 - Most people think 'Season of the Witch' was this series' biggest mistake, but I disagree. 'Season of the Witch' is actually a pretty clever film when viewed in context, which alot of people seem to have difficulty with. But since Akkad decided to ditch Carpenter's idea of making 'Halloween' an anthology series after part 2, it does seem out of place. However, since they continued on with Myers, I'd have to say they did an excellent job with Part 4. Part 5 was purely mediocre, Part 6 slightly better, but not by much. But then they unleash the abomination that was H20. Even the title is a ridiculous, trendy abbreviation. And "trendy" is about all H20 had to offer. Was this really a Halloween sequel, or was it 'Scream 4'? Well, it definately wasn't a Halloween sequel. They just ditched the storyline of the last three films entirely, which really pisses me off to no end. This film is a complete POS, and I consider it the worst horror film ever made (more than BWP), and an insult to fans of the series (specifically parts 4-6). I've seen hundreds of awful euro horror films from the 70's and 80's, I've seen some of the worst Shriek Show has to offer, like 'Blood Sisters' (which even Joe Bob Brigg's commentary couldn't help), I've seen 'Children of the Corn 5 and 6', I've seen 'Sleepover Nightmare' and other camcorder junk that actually has an excuse for being awful, I've seen Uwe Boll at his most inept, but none felt so insulting as Halloween: H20.

3. Day of the Dead 2: Contagium - Who the FUCK gave the rights of Laurel Ent. titles to JAMES FREAKING DUDDLESON?!

4. Creepshow III - Again, Who the FUCK gave the rights of Laurel Ent. titles to JAMES FREAKING DUDDLESON!!!!???

5. 'The Ring' - I remember the trailer like it was yesterday... "Scariest horror film since 'The Exorcist'" ... Ummm, no... not even close. This American remake turned me off to American remakes of Japanese horror films permanently. What a dull POS... Oh, and who else is tired of eccentric, bug-eyed children in horror films? I remember when kids in horror films were actually cute and likeable (Heather O'Rourke in Poltergeist, Linda Blair in The Exorcist, for instance). Now they just annoy the hell out of me. "I see dead people..." - Don't be so melodramatic, you little bitch! (Yeah, I know it's from 'Sixth Sense', but that seems to be the movie that started this awful trend). These kids in horror movies now make the badly-dubbed Japanese kids in the Gamera films seem talented.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Site Admin
PC_Arcade wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Although I don't like applying generalisations; most fans and critics would seem to agree with you. Its a clear example of sequel superiority. Only if someone shouts about a "straight horror" film is Evil Dead claimed to be better in my experience.

I favour the sequel too; it is significantly better :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:45 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
And yes... I DO hate Uwe Boll, his movies are skidmarks on the underpants of society!

Anyways a movie that I never liked was... SAW and all of its sequels... they try to pawn themselves off as the rebirth of the splatter film when really it's all just retarded dribble. The first one was especially annoying...
Spoiler:
I mean really? Was he really the god damn guy in a coma who we see for about a minute in the movie before the end.
The funniest part was that I jokingly said...heh... what if it's that guy and it was. :suicide: Wow. and the sequels were even worse. :sulk: But if a movie makes money its gonna get raped with sequels, even if it sucks. Which it does imo.

Oh and I like Eli Roth's movies I find them to be funny and gory two things i enjoy a great deal. I prefer Cabin Fever and the Hostel movies to SAW any day but that is just me.

Last edited by SlowIrishBud on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:49 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
PC_Arcade wrote:
Slayer wrote:

I Also Agree :rock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Site Admin
Here's another one...

War of the Worlds (1953)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046534/

I hate to hate it, the special effects were stunning and effective at the time, but its such a butchery of culture it makes me want to vomit and foul myself at the same time. Its so full of itself, that it just makes me course with rage at the vile savagery of the source material. It utterly decimates the core values of the story to make it into a pompous, overbearing and pathetic piece of cinema.

The religious fundamentalism, the naive patriotism, its everything I despise about Hollywood in the 'golden years'. For me this is right up there with 'King of Kings' on the vomit-o-meter, it makes me shake my head in disgust.

My hatred has only grown over the years, when I was little I was naive to how terrible the movie was because of the 'cool' spaceships, but its got to the point where this movie is simply unwatchable. Not bad in a fun way, its just awful.

H.G. Wells must be spinning in his grave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Site Admin
That's going to be controversial! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Demon Of The Abyss
Laaaaame :voodoo:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Site Admin
but imo its true, its pretty much Christian propaganda and an utter travesty, nostalgic pap that any repeat viewing should now reveal as the shite it is! ;)
:shadey:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Dead But Dreaming
Horror movies I hate..

Blair Witch Project- Loved it when it came out. This movie actually scared me but that may have had alot to do with watching it over my then gf house (who happens to live in the woods of all places) late at night while we were the only ones in the house. I even bought it on dvd but watching it nowadays, it just sucks. BW is one of those "see it once and forget about it" type films. Seeing it again exposes how ridiculous the premise and its execution truly were. But shit, $100+ million box office said it worked at the time.

Gothic-I used to marvel at the cover of this movie when I was a kid going to the video store with my mom. For 20 years I wondered what the hell this movie could have been about. Well, I found the rip on mininova a few months ago. Watched it and
it makes no goddamn sense. Am I missing something here? Why do people like this shit so much? If I could, I would go back in time and tell my young self not to bother, this movie will suck when you see it in 20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 am  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
Here is my list of the most worthless excuses of "horror" I have ever seen:

1. Dawn of the Dead (2004) - It's unrealistic and boring. The characters are so fucking disgusting that you basically hope they die anyway.

2. Jeepers Creepers 2 (The first one was pretty good though) - Worthless sequel. Just a buncha boring teens being killed by some supernatural thing.

3. Darkness Falls - Worthless movie about some supposedly scary dead Tooth Fairy or shit. It's just boring.

4. La Monja (The Nun) - Way too unrealistic and incoherent. Fucking boring characters. Way too many special effects.

5. The Sixth Sense - Whatever, it's just boring. Yeah, we all get it, the kid sees dead people, boohoo.

6. One Hour Photo - It's a pretty decent movie, but not enough thrilling to be properly named a "thriller".

7. The Hostel - Oh my goodness, this was the most boring worthless movie ever! Nothing fucking happens in it.

8. The Blair Witch Project - Am I gonna get scared of some stupid kids running around with a camera?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
Mmm, I liked La Monja, I thought the storyline was quite OK. The others are very understandable, although I think Hostel gets too much bashing. If everyone just would redirect 50% of its bashing to Hostel 2...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

Skull Full Of Maggots
La Monja was shit. I kept thinking of all the things that should have been done differently. For one thing, they had all this "scary" music/sound effects and that just makes it lame. Who is scared of sound effects? It makes it lame. If it's silent and some nasty shit happens, you might be creeped out, who is creeped out by computer made sounds? "Oh my god! The sound effects are attacking!"

Oh, but you see, I must bash Hostel. Nobody with taste would even bother watching number 2, so we can't bash it. Hostel is a shit movie. It's way too hyped up. Everyone says it's like the sickest shit ever and it's totally lame. The majority of the movie is about some really boring characters that you just can't wait for to die (seriously, can anyone have sympathy for those horny drunk boys the movie is about?) and then the torture shit is just a little bit in the end, it's not even the main part of the movie, the main part of the movie is making us so disgusted by the main characters that we're just dying to see them tortured. I remember I thought the grossest part was when a girl had to cut her eye off. The actual torture scenes weren't much more brutal than any other movie I've seen. But is it true though that's it's based on a real story/legend or is that bullshit?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror films you despise...

The Ancient One
Signe wrote:
Oh, but you see, I must bash Hostel. Nobody with taste would even bother watching number 2, so we can't bash it.

I have no taste whatsoever. I watch the shittiest movies and sometimes I even like them!

Quote:
The actual torture scenes weren't much more brutal than any other movie I've seen.

Heh, that's because of your preferences when it comes to movies. I know a LOT of people for whom Hostel is or would be the most shocking film they'd ever seen.

Quote:
But is it true though that's it's based on a real story/legend or is that bullshit?

My money is on bullshit. Many producers have tried to market their films that way: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Blair Witch, now this.