Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 am  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately

Master Of The Dead Donkey
The best? No. Very good? I thought so. I did also laugh innapropriately at it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately

Site Admin
perkin2000 wrote:
The best? No. Very good? I thought so. I did also laugh innapropriately at it.

i thought the ending was dog shit... that's why i laughed :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:21 am  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately
Request Territory

Request Territory
I don't have this problem... I'd rather not react at all then laugh...
but I have friend who almost always laugh inappropriately. I do not mind, but several times people in movie theatres did mind :P :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
trubica wrote:
I don't have this problem... I'd rather not react at all then laugh...
but I have friend who almost always laugh inappropriately. I do not mind, but several times people in movie theatres did mind :P :lol:

thats why i like to see scary movies, on like a Wednesday night during there final days. EMPTY!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 am  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately
Request Territory

Request Territory
Xoal wrote:

thats why i like to see scary movies, on like a Wednesday night during there final days. EMPTY!

yes, that is fine when you have a choice... I can't remember when was last time I actually had opportunity to watch horror movie in theatre... (and previously I was talking about "regular" movies, but drama, etc, when you are not supposed to laugh :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 am  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately

Buried In The Backyard
The end of 'The Mist' just pissed me off. As if the cartoon (sorry, CGI) tentacle and spiders weren't bad enough, Frank Darabont goes and butchers the ending to one of King's best short stories.

I thought 'Frailty' was an excellent horror flick, but the second time I watched it, I could not stop laughing, I think because it dealt so thoroughly with the perception vs. insanity theme, that it kinda' hit a nerve with me. Bill Paxton's a great actor and did a great job, but he just slips into insanity so easily... and plus, he's BILL PAXTON... How can you not laugh? I swear, I laugh at him in virtually everything I've seen him in. From his early punk rocker cameo in 'The Terminator', Severen in 'Near Dark', to Coconut Pete in 'Club Dread', there's just something about him that's unintentionally funny. I still go up to my friends and say 'They're not people, they're DEMONS!'... Gets 'em every time.

I laugh at the entire Edwin Neal Hitchhiker scene in 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' everytime I watch it. I still don't think the original is supposed to be taken entirely serious... "I have this knife!!! ...it's a good knife."

I THINK I laughed innapropriately at the 'Raft' segment in 'Creepshow 2' where, after their friend is eaten by a floating oil slick, Deke tells Laverne that if she doesn't stop screaming he's going to "smoke" her... It just came off really funny, especially her reaction... May have been somewhat intentional, though.

I laughed at pretty much every death sequence in 'Final Destination 2', although I did pay eight dollars to see it, so I'm sure someone at New Line was laughing just as hard at me... awful, awful film...

'Psycho Cop' is unintentionally hilarious. The sequel was definately made as a comedy, but the original is so inept that one has to laugh. I thought it was funny that the whole point of the film was to justify the two main character's suspicions that "something strange was going on", yet even after watching the movie and knowing that there was in fact a psychotic police officer stalking them, I STILL would have thought they were paranoid about their strange little nitpicky observations. A few beers go missing, a girl loses a brush, and these two are ready to call in the National Guard... This is a great movie to give your own MST3K treatment... you should never run out of jokes for this one. Don't forget to take a shot everytime someone mentions "the caretaker"...

I'm not sure if 'Slumber Party Massacre Part II' was made to be intentionally funny or not, but the weird, Fonzie-esque reincarnation of the Driller Killer cracks me up. His songs aren't half bad, but the whole character is a hoot. A killer who plays last requests without anyone requesting them. His "witty" asides make Freddy Krueger's quips in 'Nightmare On Elm Street 5' seem clever.

I always laugh at the scene in 'Child's Play 2' when Chucky's burying the other Good Guy doll in the backyard, replete with his eulogy for the doll; "Eat DIRT, Tommy!" followed by insane cackling. Inappropriate in that there really wasn't anything witty or ironic in what he says. I think you just have to have mutilated many, many toys as a child to find it funny.

I always laugh at Bobby Rhodes (the black guy) from 'Demons' 1 and 2. In the original, he plays 'Tony the Pimp' and in the sequel he's 'Hank the Gym Instructor'... Quite a resume. He's the best character in both films because every word out of his mouth is HILARIOUS, in an R. Lee Ermey kind of way. I like how, in the original, he's a pimp who suddenly becomes an expert on demonology. "She became a DEMON! An instrument of EVIL!" Actually, I laugh at alot of Itallian horror films... Anything starring Michael Sopkiw is usually good for a few laughs.

I laugh at the 'Skippy' scene in 'The Toxic Avenger' EVERY TIME. I know it was intended to be funny, but it takes a certain gallows humor that alot of people just don't have to find alcohol-fueled, hit-and-run homicide of children comical.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately

Buried In The Backyard
I forgot the part where Wienerdog got killed in Hostel 2 (the ending was hilarious, too).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:36 am  Post subject: Re: Movie scenes where you laughed inappropriately

Skull Full Of Maggots
I totally laughed my ass off at the end of the original Sleepaway Camp , I just laughed so hard and yelled "NOOO WAAAYYY!" so loud that my roommate came out and asked me what was up and we watched it again laughing the whole way through the movie (cough, cough with help) and then at the end we both laughed again even harder than I had upon first viewing.